Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
can I book a second seat on a ryan air flight for myself, and take two pieces of hand luggage

currently watching the prices for liverpool-rimini, and if they drop enough, so much that this might be the cheaper option, than having to take hold luggage at £50-£60

Price at the moment £77
joeseptuk.

and interesting thought. ie can the same person book twice for the same flight (maybe making 2 bookings) and therefore be able to checkin 'twice' for the same flight to benefit from whatever you can get.

I'm really looking forward to the answer - which I guess will say no you cant !

Chris
TFS1

I know ryanair allow you to purchase a second seat for comfort, or for a musical equipment, and seeing ryanair dont have a email contact, I have decided to contact liverpool airport, to see what they say

Now if the flights price dropped to around £50, I might be tempted to grab a second seat
you will almost certainly fall foul of the "one piece of hand baggage per person" rule. even if you have 2 tickets there is still only 1 person.
the main secret to flying with ryanair is to abide by their rules. if you attempt to get round them in any way you will lose -maybe not as a 1 off, but how lucky do you feel.
remember, that if you try to do this and they stop you, you will have to pay the airport price for your luggage -which is twice the price of on-line booking.
the other problem you may encounter, if you do get away with your scenario is that if you try and get 2 seats for yourself in an exit row seat (or even together) you will come up against someone like me who will argue that as the "other person" is not using the seat beside you then i will be sitting there.
you can book a extra seat,but you cant take any extra luggage,i had to book a extra seat to take a wedding dress over to spain,the seat was for the dress,but no extra luggage was allowed,sorry :que
with no email for ryanair, and Im not wasting my time phoning them, my only option was to email the airport, just to see what they say

Now on checking costs flight at end of May £24 return, now if I was taking my suitcase 20 kg allowance, that would cost me an extra £50, where as extra seat = £24

now i do expect to be told from liverpool airport, that I wont be allowed an extra hand lugage, even if I have bought a extra seat
now i do expect to be told from liverpool airport, that I wont be allowed an extra hand lugage, even if I have bought a extra seat

According to the Ryanair website, there is no hand or hold luggage allowance associated with the purchase of an extra seat:
http://www.ryanair.com/en/questions/can-i-purchase-an-extra-seat-for-a-large-person
http://www.ryanair.com/en/questions/can-i-check-in-a-musical-instrument-or-purchase-an-extra-seat-to-carry-it-in-the-cabin

David :wave
what the airport says about on board luggage if you have 2 tickets is irrelevent because any airline will disown them if they don't agree. But the airport may say that one person can only take one bag through security (which they run, not the airlines) even if Ryanair will allow it on the plane.

the interesting thing here is that Ryanair allow you to buy more than one seat per person. How do they allocate the space given they don't do reservations? You could end up with one seat and the one in front! Reminds me of coming back from the Netherlands on the overnight ferry many years ago. Seats were allocated at checkin, where I was told that since it was a quiet night they were giving me two so that I could spread out - great, except that when I found them they were either side of the aisle!!
the interesting thing here is that Ryanair allow you to buy more than one seat per person. How do they allocate the space given they don't do reservations? You could end up with one seat and the one in front!

That seems to be covered in the first of those two links in my last post Steve, the cabin staff will ensure 2 seats together.

I see, it implies that the cabin crew will shift someone else out of a seat they have already chosen and made themselves comfortable in. That could get interesting if the person doesn't want to move. The crew must dread these tickets.
Looks like ryanair have made a mess of there £2 scratch cards

3 Customers on a flight from milan - madrid, each won a car worth more than £13,000, and ryanair think there are more errors on there scatch cards

Would you now be tempted to buy a few card in chance you get a big win
lets think about this......

... the news was broken in a press release from Ryanair themselves.

They say there may be a problem with the print run which is still on sale.

Now I admit to being a cynic but I'd say if Ryanair were worried they'd have stopped the sales before announcing anything!
I'm having a senior moment. :roll: Just booked a flight to Billund, which I've done several times before, but can't find any info as to the API, which presumably they will want, and can't remember the procedure. Am I right in thinking it may come up when I book in on line? No rush as I'm not going until June but I don't want a last minute panic.
Yes Aslemma, API is collected during online check in.

Thanks for your quick response David. All airlines seem to have different rules and my last flight was with BA.
Hey guys!

We're flying out to Rhodes from Liverpool next month and I wonder if anyone can give me some advice.

I know in all likelyhood we'll get seats all together, and to be honest myself and my wife don't mind being seated apart during the flight but we do have a few worries and questions if anyone can help...?

1. As I said, me and the wife don't mind being seated apart but we have a 3 year old as well and we, my wife especially, is terrified that there won't be at least 2 seats together and our DD will be sat on her own for the duration of the 4 hour flight.

2. With that in mind, is it really worth getting priority boarding? Like I said we don't mind being seated apart, its just the little one we're worried about, surely they won't let her sit alone? Apart from anything else she'll drive the other passengers mental lol!!!

3. With priority boarding in mind next, does anyone know if the boarding goes out of the gate and onto a bus in Liverpool? If so I'm not going to bother getting PB at all! I'll barge in front of everyone and save seats while my wife follows, we don't have a buggy or anything...

Thats pretty much it, unless anyone can answer the same questions for the way back from Rhodes?

Also - cheapest airport parking in Liverpool anyone?

Thanks!!!
remember the CAA and FCA regulations require that children are seated with at least 1 adult [safety regulations] if you get on and cant find 2 together talk firmly [not abusively] to the steward/ss or cabin manager they should then find you at least 2 seats together
The crew will try their best but if noone is willing to move then you'll be stuck! Please note it isn't the law regarding children being sat with their parents, it's only recommendations by the CAA, which states that if a child can't be sat next to an accompanying adult then they shouldn't be sat more than one row away, which you may not feel comfortable with. As long as you get to the gate nice and early you should be fine, but there won't be any guarantees without priority. In Liverpool you'll walk 99% of the time. Not sure about rhodes as never been there.
Flew from Liverpool last year and hardly anyone booked priority, the Ryanair planes left from the gates at the far right end, you go to the end of the terminal. Once through the gate you walk to the plane and they queue you up outside. I would say as long as you are ready once they annouce the gate you can get to the front of the non-priority queue. There are nearly 180 seats it should be quite easy to get seats together unless you are really late.

It is pretty much the same at all Ryanair airports, if you are prepared you will succeed. However, if you want to take the stress out of the situation then book priority.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.