Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I have a return flight booked with Ryanair to Lanzarote later this month, hand luggage only. Does anyone know if I am allowed to book hold luggage for the return flight, but leave the outbound flight as hand luggage only? Many thanks.
It shouldn't be a problem as you have actually booked 2 single flights. Ryanair are a point to point airline and as such don't sell return tickets.
:think really? My understanding was that if I didn't actually fly on the outbound flight then I couldn't use the return part if I'd booked the flights as a return?? Is this not true then? (I do, in this case, intend taking both the outbound and the return flight but would love to know the definitive answer on this as well as the luggage question), thanks!
From Ryanair website

"Each passenger may check in up to two checked bags upon payment of the applicable checked baggage fees by electing to purchase a checked baggage allowance of either 15 kilos or 20 kilos when make their initial booking. After the booking is made checked baggage can be added to a reservation via the Manage My Booking facility up to 4 hours before the scheduled flight departure time. The checked baggage fees are charged per person/per one way flight and are discounted when booked on-line".

"All Ryanair flights are fully changeable but cannot be cancelled. Passengers are therefore not required to notify us if they are unable to travel on their booked flights. Passengers who do not use their outbound flight may use their return flight."
:) Oh that's brilliant, thanks so much for that sunaddict! I thought I'd checked their website thoroughly but clearly not!! Thanks again :wave:
I loaded £150 to my Ryanair cashpassport yesterday and then booked 2 flights - for much less than £150.

The first went through without a problem.

The second booking completed and gave a booking ref number but showed as 'unconfirmed' and 'pending payment' and clearly hasn't completed as it doenst recognise the booking ref when you try and search for it.

Logging onto my Cashpassport account the £150 is shown as a credit but the first booking cost is shown as pending payment (although there is technically money available). The second payment hasnt appeared.

Anyone had this before ?

Could it just be a timing issue that the £150 hasn't been collected from my source UK bank yet so they will not accept too many bookings until the money is fully paid but they will when they get the payment from my Bank.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I have got to go the the airport tomorrow and will see if they can help before phoning the call centre - only 10p/min when in the UK but probably more as we are in Spain !

Chris

UPDATE: popped into the airport yesterday and they said the booking was not valid and to make another, payment for the pending one will not be taken even though I have a ref number. New one just booked and payment went through immediately !
Recently booked return flights from Stansted to Perpignan for September.

Have just gone back into my booking to add passport details and can find no link to do this (have done this before with easyjet & Jet2) Will it be done with our online check-in?

later:
just found the answer - passport details will be collected with online check-in.
Would anyone be able to tell me when ryanair brought out their summer flights last year. Was it late october time? I"m looking to book flights from bristol to malaga for august '13.
Hi, we're flying Ryanair from Birmingham to Palma in October and i'm slightly scared by some of the comments i've read since booking.

We have priority booking as we have a 6 year old with us, I know that we need to be very careful with size of hand baggage and our weight in our hold luggage, just wondering if there's anything else we need to know/be wary of?

Are 6 year olds allowed to sit on exit seats? We walked straight past those the last time we flew with EasyJet although they were free as I wasn't sure we were allowed to use them :oops:
6 year olds are not allowed in emergency rows.
don't attempt it, as they will just move you and you may lose the benefit of priority boarding and getting to all sit together
You have to pay an additional payment for emergency exit seats (and seats in ow 2). They cost £10 each, each way, this includes the benefit of loading first.

As mentioned before, as you have a 6 year old you will not be allowed to sit in those seats anyway.

Easyjet have a trial on certain routes which also involves paying for these 'premium' seats.
Make sure you check in online and print off all the boarding passes. Online check in opens 15 days before the date of the flight, so if you leave it until 15 days before your return flight you can do both legs of the journey.

The boarding passes must be on A4 paper.
luci HT Mod wrote:
Make sure you check in online and print off all the boarding passes. Online check in opens 15 days before the date of the flight, so if you leave it until 15 days before your return flight you can do both legs of the journey.

The boarding passes must be on A4 paper.

Have printed 2 sets for outward and return flights - OH will be carrying the reserve set!
annie,
you have now entered into the spirit of being a ryanair regular. :tup

ensure
everything is double checked, including bag size and weight,
you check on-line before you go that your flight time has not changed
you allow plenty of time to get to the airport
that if anything goes wrong you realise it is your fault, not ryanair's,and it will cost you money to put it right

i think they are a great airline if you follow their rules.
Oh and make sure you've got enough fuel ......just in case, check , double check !!!!

Link http://elpais.com/elpais/2012/08/14/inenglish/1344969535_529421.html
jimd-f wrote:
annie,
you have now entered into the spirit of being a ryanair regular. :tup

ensure
everything is double checked, including bag size and weight,
you check on-line before you go that your flight time has not changed
you allow plenty of time to get to the airport
that if anything goes wrong you realise it is your fault, not ryanair's,and it will cost you money to put it right

i think they are a great airline if you follow their rules.

LOL - we have used them before to fly to Limoges about 4 years ago - 2hr delay coming back. Swore we'd never use them again, but needs must to get were we're going in 10days.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.