Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I believe Ryanair don't sell "return" flights, but two one-way flights point to point. They state that you can check in from 15 days before travel. However I have read that online check in sometimes opens more than 15 days ahead so it might be worth trying early.

I know that doesn't answer your question so you may need to call them if you can't find an email address.

There are some contact details for Ryanair HERE but they look quite old so I don't know if they are still valid.

luci :wave
Surely Ryanair don't seriously expect their customers who have booked outbound and inbound flights in the same booking but may be away more than 15 days to have to search out an internet connection and printer during their holiday so that they can check-in online and print their boarding passes for the return flight ?

You probably ought to read the article from which this quote was taken!

But the Ryanair boss branded her “stupid” for falling foul of the airline’s boarding card reissue rules.

“We think Mrs McLeod should pay 60 euros for being so stupid,” he said. “She wasn’t able to print her boarding card because, as you know, there are no internet cafes in Alicante, no hotels where they could print them out for you, and you couldn’t get to a fax machine so some friend at home can print them and fax them to you.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelnews/9522191/Ryanair-boss-slams-idiot-who-forgot-boarding-pass.html#

So yes, you will need to find somewhere to print your inbound boarding passes.
The last time we used Ryanair we were away for 17 nights and I was able to print both sets of boarding passes a couple of days before going so it is worth checking a day or two before you leave, if not you will have to print them off from your destination before returning home.
I, too, have been able to print out both sets of boarding cards recently, even though I was away for more than 15 days, so do check as Kiltman says.
Thanks everyone for your prompt responses. You are probably right about Ryanair's definition of return flights Luci, although they do ask you to tick the 'return' or 'one-way' boxes on the home page so they do use those definitions when it suits.

I will certainly try to see if I can also print the inbound flight boarding passes in the last couple of days before we go but even if I can't, I won't allow myself to get stressed out about it. It would just be good not to have the hassle of having to think about things like this while on holiday, that's all. Why they can't extend it to a more reasonable 22 days prior to departure maybe is beyond me but I suspect the answer is probably nothing more than it is just another revenue-generating T&C that their less savvy, or according to O'Leary 'stupid', customers can fall foul of.

UPDATE - I did as suggested by others and found that I was able to check-in for the inbound flights from Gran Canaria 20 days in advance of my return flight so I can now print the inbound boarding passes as well which is a relief. So it does look like you can check-in 20 days before your return flight when you book the outbound and inbound flights in the same booking, otherwise the 15 day rule still applies.

:sun2
  • Edited by Robbo11 2012-09-23 16:18:09
please see link re this Julys 'Valencia redirect fuel issue' - it appears that all was ok and not out of the ordinary.

http://www.ryanair.com/en/news/official-valencia-fuel-report-confirms-ryanair-eu-ops-compliance-and-safety
No, 3 mayday calls are nothing out of the ordinary they managed to have 3 in 2010 as well !!!
I doubt the Irish pilots association feel that maydays are nothing out of the ordinary , and the spanish pilots have also said this and are now to be sued for defamation by MOL unless they retract their claim , while its all perfectly acceptable for MOL to falsely claim that Aer Lingus had a mayday call earlier this year , when in fact they did not . Also one of the 3 planes in the recent incident did have below the 30 mins fuel left limit which MOL has admitted . One day the 1.3m paid to the CEO will start behaving like a CEO
Its reported elsewhere that the planes involved were, after the diversion due to bad weather over Madrid, held in a stack over Valencia for 70minutes before they reported low fuel and then given priority to land.

I presume that if any airline is breaking the law they would be stopped from flying, it would appear that this isn't the case here and presumably neither was it earlier in the year when 2 Virgin 747s were redirected due to weather issues and also requested priority landing due to low fuel levels.

Chris
Your right in what you are saying Chris and I'm not having a go at you personally , but airlines can request priority landing for low fuel levels if something has happened outside of their control , like weather and this is what the Aer Lingus incident was , and perhaps the 2 Virgin ones were the same I don't know , but this is where MOL had to backtrack over comments on the Aer Lingus incident because it wasn't a Mayday , it's called something else , the Ryanair incidents were Maydays , and strangely no one else in the stack over Valencia was calling mayday despite being in the same situation , in fact Ryanair has " pushed " in front of the other airlines making them stack even longer and they still haven't called a mayday , so there is an issue here and they might have just about stayed legal by hook or crook but the authorities and pilots associations are none too impressed thus the reason for an investigation , not because the Spanish media don't like MOL which is what he thinks , he goes around complaining all the time about authorities , and now they have reason to complain and investigate about how he is operating.
I agree that they are running safely and passengers are certainly not at risk and the authorities are OK with this , but he is " sailing close to the wind" with some of the authorities regulations which other airlines do not have a problem with and fully comply to , he needs to start behaving more responsibly like a CEO should.

Edit, the Aer Lingus incident was what is called a fuel pan call , which means state of urgency , no immediate danger , whereas a mayday call means state of emergency , and imminent danger .

To be really fair they were a lot of problems that day and the ATC at Valencia was overwhelmed , it's rumoured that other airlines did have problems but that Ryanair attracted all the headlines , perhaps we shpuld all say an aaahh for them picking on little ol Micky but then again he does bring it on himself .
anyone done EMA to Valencia on a Friday recently - i wondered what gate they tended to use.

Chris
Does anyone know when the 2013 summer flights fo on sale?

Specificaly STN to IBZ in july 2013

cheers
Very new to RyanAir
I am trying to find a flight for November from Patras (Greece) to Paphos (Cyprus). But it seems that RyanAir has not posted any flights after Nov 6th (Not even for next year). Is that normal? Any ideas? Thanks!
stavroskoul,

Welcome onboard :tup
You'll just have to wait and see if any further flights are released or if 6th November is their last flight for the season.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
stavroskoul,

Welcome onboard :tup
You'll just have to wait and see if any further flights are released or if 6th November is their last flight for the season.

Darren

Ok Thanks!
I was just curious if its normal not having any flights after 6th Nov. Could it be they abandon this hub (Patras)?
Do ryainair fly from leeds to reus if so when would the flights be out for july 2012 thankyou
Email re Ryanair Cash passport just received - contents below

Important Information Concerning Your Ryanair Cash Passport

Dear Cardholder,

Firstly we would like to thank you for purchasing a Ryanair Cash Passport card. We have seen thousands of our cardholders benefit from the offer of avoiding the admin fee charge on Ryanair.com since the launch of the card on 1st October 2011. We thank you for your continued support.

It is with regret that we write to inform you that, as a result of decisions by the UK Office of Fair Trading, Ryanair Cash Passport card users will no longer benefit from avoiding the £6 admin fee for transactions made on Ryanair.com from 1st December 2012. While we are disappointed at this development, Ryanair is obliged to honour the decisions of the UK Office of Fair Trading.

We are committed to providing you, the cardholder, with further updates on card promotions and intend on notifying you shortly on our planned changes in the card offering.
So what happens to any outstanding monies on the card I wonder? Are they going to give it back to you in cash, if there is no benefit to having this card?
The card can be used as a payment card so any monies held can be used for payment at shops etc - but check fees.

My issue is that many got it for the purpose of not paying the £6/€6 Ryanair admin fee and nothing else. Clearly this key benefit will now lapse on 1 December 2012. - so in this respect we were duped into getting it, but that was my choice.

The cards have a 3 year life and mine was purchased last October and expires October 2014.

One of the T&C's is a dormancy charges ie penalties if the card is not used for a certain length of time. Will see if there is a buyout option rather than pay £2.50 a month if not used for 6 months.

Chris
you can close your Ryanair cash passport account and get the balance credited to your linked Bank accout, as you would expect there is a £6 'cash out' fee if done through customer services.

It's not clear how you close your account by just taking the outstanding balance out via an ATM and not advising Customer Services.

Perhaps once you take your money out you call C/Svs to ask them to close your account, which will not involve them dealing with any money transfer activity.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.