Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Sorry meant to say when will the flights from leeds to reus be out for July 2013 thankyou
Its disappointing that its going but I did get great benefits from it, many didnt.

I have just counted up the numbers of £6/€6 I would have spent for Ryanair flights I booked since using the Cash Passport card, some for our family to come and see us etc and many for me and my wife. The total is 74 flights making a saving of £444 !! - thats for a £6 initial stake ie the cost of getting the card in the first place.

.... and you got the £6 back when you booked your first flight.

Chris
I'm flying out to Lodz from Stansted tomorrow evening. I've never taken hold luggage with Ryanair before but decided to add one checked bag the other day as I know how strict they are about hand luggage.

I know I need to look for a bag drop desk and (I assume?) leave my bag there, but am I supposed to buy a luggage label and attach it? Or is this done at the bag drop desk? This is all new to me, can't remember the last time I checked a nag in as I generally do short tripos with just hand luggage!
Great flights to/from Lodz last week. Bang on time, no surly staff, no luggage issues, no seating issues :tup
Thanks for the post re CPAP machine.

My wife has had one for several years and in the past, although she has a letter regarding taking it in hand luggage, we have always either tucked it safely in hold luggage, or if a short trip away with only hand luggage, not taken it at all.

This is due to us not wanting to have problems at security / boarding gate by taking it on board as hand luggage, either in our hand luggage or as a seperate item.

Our next flight is early in the New Year and is out with Easyjet and back with Ryanair and we will take the CPAP.

Easyjet make it clear/easy about taking it and with Ryanair, although clear on their website regarding CPAP, you need to contact their Special Assistance Line (only 10p / min !) to get a letter from them regarding taking it on board. Not clear if the letter only relates to a specific flight or to any future Ryanair flights. Will find out in due course.

Thanks again
Split from Easyjet topic for future reference as this section refers to Ryanair. Dazbo HT Mod
I have previously travelled with Ryanair with my CPAP in my handbaggage, in a holdall and no one has raised an eyebrow.

I would hate for you or anyone else to come into conflict with them on the day of your flight ... please advise how you get on.

I'd just like to gently remind you, that given the importance of CPAP therapy, and the dangers of non-use and non-compliance, that placing it in the hold could be very serious ... either if the bag it's in doesn't appear on the conveyor belt at baggage reclaim or if it's been damaged in transit. Strongly recommend HAND baggage only, and security will not be at all worried by it ... they see many of them during a day. A swab test will do the user and the machine no harm, and you'll know that it's at hand for when it's needed on your arrival.
thanks for the feedback. My wifes letter which I have in front of me says

... The CPAP machine in the bag is a piece of medical equipment to assist in beathing during sleep.

It goes on to say..... its not needed during flight and her sleep problem will not affect her fitness to fly, however the equipement is delicate and ask wherever possible it is carried onto the aircraft as hand luggage.

Is this standard words for this type of equipment ? , we were not sure if it needed to say anything else to ensure it did go on, the bit where its says ....'wherever possible it is carried on to the aircraft' allowed the option for it not to be carried in the cabin.

I take your point regarding hold luggage.

Our next trip, with only hand luggage, we had already decided to put it in the single piece of hand luggage we were allowed but now we hope to be able to maximise what we can take and take it seperately.
fyi - the Ryanair Special Assistance helpline doesn't open at the weekend and yes I know this is the easyjet thread !
TFS1,

That looks a pretty standard letter to me and spells out what is required.

Darren
Thanks Darren.

when I do find out more from Ryanair I am happy to post here and maybe leave it to the mods to decide if it gets transferred to the Ryanair thread or not - given it is Ryanair specific.

Chris
Just phoned ryanair hoping to get the CPAP waiver letter mentioned in the faqs on their website, the call was answered quickly and courteously. However, sometimes things aren't that simple and thats true in this case relating to the letter.

Apart from providing the usual flight details they also needed the CPAP make, model number, overall weight and overall case dimensions. To generate a letter which would be valid for all flights for 6 months from issue we also need to supply my wifes passport number and expiry date.

It probably would not come as a surprise that I had none of this info available when I called them ! All seemed straight forward so I will phone again nearer the time to make full use of the 6 month period.
came back recently from Alicante and sat in row 10 (or it may have been 9) - seat A, wife was in seat C and surprised to see no window ! - is this just a design / structural feature ?

We nornally go for row 26/27 but forced to board from the front as the back was temporarily closed and couldn't be bothered to go that far back. Always keen to see whats outside and couldnt see a thing !
TFS1,

Row 9 is where all the air conditioning and some wiring is routed from the lower to upper part of the fuselage, it's a design feature of the 737. Most aircraft have rows without windows around this part of the aircraft for that reason.

Darren
thanks darren, we will make sure we dont sit their again,

I seem to remember there was a similar lack of a window on the other side of the plane a couple of rows back from us.

Chris
Just phoned Ryanair for a medical exemption letter so my wife can carry onboard her 'CPAP' machine in addition to hand lugage allowance. The machine is needed overnight to keep her airwaves open while sleeping.

Got through to a real Ryanair person within a minute and I could understand what the person was saying - a refreshing change these days. I have just received an email of the letter which is valid for 6 months, needed to provide passport / expiry date for the 6 month option.

Just need to print it and take it to the airport.

Chris
Anyone sat in row 2 seats, D,E,F side - I take it they are a little more restricted in their width as the tray is in armrests. Any feedback would be welcome.

Chris
TFS1,

That's correct, the arm rests contain the tray table so are marginally wider meaning seat width is marginally narrower. It's hardly noricable though, only about 0.5 inches different to standard seats.

Darren
Hi im going to benidorm in 2 days, we are only taking hand luggage, so can somebody please tell me if we have to queue up when you first get to the airport (where they take the bigger cases from you?) we have our tickets etc printed off, but as ive never travelled without cases im not sure what the procedure is.. :think
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.