Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
That has happened to us TFS1 but we have been pleased with what we have paid , last year flights to Faro went down to silly prices the week we travelled but thats the luck of the draw i suppose.
just made that fatal mistake and looked at the current price only to find the price has gone down even further !!!! doh !!!
I'm looking for July flights from spain to tenerife on a Friday, in the last week the outbound € price has moved as follows 90, 57, 72, 90 (yesterday am), 45 (yesterday pm) ,57 (today) - how do they work that one out ?

I'll wait until it drops to 30ish € as flights in May/June are showing. Someone is likely to have booked at 90€ yesterday morning only to find in the afternoon the price has gone down to 45€ - madness.

Chris
Have been waiting and checking every day for Ryanairs Bristol-Gran Canary 2013/14 winter flight release.
They came up yesterday. But I was not going to pay £176pp. I thought that was a bit steep for first day prices.
And the flight times, late afternoon departure, and a 07:00 return.
Booked with Thompson. £175pp, early afternoon departure, 15:00 return
Plus, had signed up for Ryanairs e-mail alerts, which never came to inform me of flight release.
Winter 2013/14 flights on sale from East Midlands, Bristol and Leeds Bradford for various locations now available. Unclear if its the full schedule or not - I have only checked for Tenerife.
I want man or Liverpool to Tenerife in nov, but I can't see any availability, anyone any ideas when they will come out.
Hello,
I have no idea how they work it out. We flew to Faro recently and booked before we went, the flight was £50 each, which was fantastic. But I was looking to book in advance for next year and they are so high. We are looking at the moment for June/July and to be honest we are wanting a City break to anywhere we fancy and the price is right.
liverpool and manchester to tenerife winter 2013/14 flights now available
hello does anyone know when ryanair put there autumn winter prices and flight times on the website ?, hubby and I want to fly to Charleroi in October but the prices at the moment are very high compared to what we paid a few months ago.

thanks
Polly xx

Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
Just wasted 20 minutes of my life trying to speak to someone at Ryanair special assistance.

Awful 'go to sleep music', no queue info, no sorry your an important customer, no we will be with you in a minute - nothing.

At least it only cost me 10p a minute +vat = £2.40p for nothing, no wonder people get angry when they eventually get through.
Tried again this morning to talk to the special assistance line and today they have a message that says they are very busy, unable to take the call and to try later. At least its saved me a small fortune in wasted call charges !
My friend requires special assistance TS1 and has flown with Ryanair a few times, she's on her way home from Benidorm at the moment but I can ask her how she goes about things with Ryanair if it'll help?
Glynis,

Thankyou for the offer and I would have taken you up on it but I have just got through to them and they confirmed its been manic over the past couple of days.

I just wanted a further waiver letter so my wife can continue to take her CPAP machine (needed for overnight sleeping) with her in the plane in addition to her hand luggage allowance and at no extra cost. The letter last for 6 months and the current one is about to expire.

The CPAP a smallish package about the size of a box of tissues so its not going to take up too much room, but she must take it with her onboard rather than put it in the hold where it may get lost.
Ah right, Les may not have been able to help, but am so pleased you got it sorted :tup
Did anyone else see the Channel 4 documentary the other day, which challenged RyanAir safety policies regarding fuel loading? It mentioned the situation last year where three RyanAir jets over Spain had to request emergency landing because of fuel running low.
Apparently that nice (?) Michael O’Leary has reacted quite viciously today and fired the only pilot who allowed his name to be used on the program. Apparently they are also going to sue him!
I watched the program and the pilot – who was a senior guy with many years of service – seemed quite sensible, balanced in his views, and believable to me.
The content of the C4 programme was very similar to that shown on Dutch TV a short time ago , and Ruinair went to court over that and lost , so the content is not unfounded or sensationalist , it actually happened , even more interesting is to know that some pilots are employed on zero hour contracts and for some strange reason the black box voice activation recordings in emergencies mysteriously disappear .
Of course they do have an impeccable safety record , which is sensational !! ;) according to little Micky blue eyes .
the following is a matter of public record

After 3 incidents in 2012 the following were published

""The Irish Aviation Authority made a number of recommendations, including that Ryanair should “review
their fuel policy and consider issuing guidance to Crew with respect to fuel when operating into busy airports with mixed aircraft operators and types particularly in poor weather conditions when diversions are likely.”"

""!Among the causes of the incident, the Civil Aviation Accident and Incident Investigation Commission concludes that "the company’s fuel savings policy, though it complies with the minimum legal requirements, tends to minimize the amount of fuel with which its air-planes operate and leaves none for contingencies below the legal minimums.

This contributed to the amount of fuel used being improperly
planned and to the amount of fuel onboard dropping below the required final fuel reserve.""
Civil Aviation Accident and Incident Investigation Commission concludes that "the company’s fuel savings policy, though it complies with the minimum legal requirements, tends to minimize the amount of fuel with which its air-planes operate and leaves none for contingencies below the legal minimums

perhaps the minimum legal requirement should be reviewed as its clearly now not fit for the purpose/guidance it was written for.

TFS1
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.