Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Yeah get all the fiddly bits out of the way so you can concentrate on the good stuff :cheers & :sun2

:tup
hi all just done my e visa paid for it and for got to put my middle name on it will this be ok
or will i have to buy another one
inbed79,

Your name on the e-visa should ideally match your passport but I wouldn't have though omitting your middle name will make any difference. I don't generally use mine on any visa and have never had a problem.

Darren
I can't see it being a problem, After all in the past they never even looked at the passport info and simply stuck the visa inside.
I put my expired passport no on my Indian visa and no-one noticed.
Just a reminder that as from today you can no longer pay £10 at the airport for your visa. Get your evisa from the following site:

https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/

DO NOT GET IT FROM ANY OTHER SITE OR YOU COULD BE CHARGED MORE

If you don't get an evisa you can still get a visa at the airport but it will cost you £20 from now.
and make sure you put all your names on the evisa thats on your passport had an email back from them saying
that i had to buy another evisa as i forgot to add my middle name that is on my passport
HI all had my letter today from thomson telling me about the e-visa only 2 weeks before we go
it says
alternatively you can purchase a visa at turkey on arrival for £20
which must be paid in the form of a £20 note
Yes, that is right. If you do it in advance it works out around £12, if you pay when you arrive it is £20. I know what I would rather do.
ive got a slight complication re my visa, I was in turkey last summer for 6 wks coming home around july time, I then went again in oct and thought the visa was only valid for 3 mths so repaid , the visa guy put stamps in our passports then proceeded to stamp our old visa stamps and said its valid 6 mths so its ok still, so when I asked why he charged me again he shrugged and said no problem for your next holiday, he refused to refund our money back when I asked, but as I go to turkey often I wasn't too bothered , im going next week so does anyone know will these unstamped visas be acceptable or have I lost out and will have to repay I wont be happy cos he knew full well the old visas were still ok so no idea why he did this to us ?
ellie_meg,

If you have a valid visa up until your date of departure that's unstamped there shouldn't be any reason why it shouldn't be accepted as you've paid it.

Darren
I need to find out for sure as I don't want to end up payin £20 each at airport when I have these unstamped visas in my passport ive paid for , ive emailed the online visa dept hope ill get a reply unless anyone on here knows for sure thanks
ive been ringing all morning consulate, embassy and visa contact number no one answers phone. I did copy this off their site. do u think these means ill be ok.

In accordance with the new Law on Foreigners, the practice of obtaining visas upon arrival to points of entry to Turkey will begin to come to an end as of 11 April 2014. However, border authorities will maintain existing procedures for a certain transitional period, to include the 2014 tourism season.
A friend has applied on line for e-visas.
Sadly she used the wrong site and has been charged $112 for two, she's unhappy but resigned about that.
BUT

She is convinced that the visas will be printed and sent to her, has anyone heard of this?

I was under the impression that all were sent via e-mail as a PDF file.
I tried to check for her but as she is staying at present in her holiday home she hasn't got her passport with her
consequently I couldn't log on and check the status or arrange to re download.
anyone had them posted ?
our travel agent done ours they were printed out straight away . not even £ 13.00 each. i hope thingsare sorted for your friend soon del949
greetings all.
just printed off our e-visas on the official web page ,it was no bother and the section for adding extra people was quite helpful as I was doing 3 in total and had visions of doing three apps from start to finish but it proved easier and just meant one entry of bank details etc ,only thing was ,as I used my debit card for payment my bank charged me a conversion fee as it is paid in $ so it was £13 p/p .
It will cut down on the visa Q at DLM but will probably mean a longer Q at p<port control or the luggage Belt .
anyone got any update on this situation ? regards Wee-John
ps we go on 29 May
my friend got in touch with her agent and they resent the file , I printed them for her this morning, so alls well that ends well! apart from the cost!!!
Hi we went out on the 19th of April, the plane was full, most people had got an online visa so hardly any Q for the stamps cost (£20) just a huge Q at passport control.
greetings .we go on 29 may so hopefully they will have more p/port ctrl desks open by then although the "Q" will be at luggage belt then I suppose .regards wee-john
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.