Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
hi all booked kos aqua in may to fly from manchester july at 20.00 2 adults 2 children always book through first choice but booked through eclipse which was £400 cheaper why dont know same company, costing £2069 first time in kos been turkey last 2 years all inc both years me and my wife fell ill, last being pegasus palce 4 weeks after opening with a lot off issues cant beleive were doing it again. hope this one will be ready said we were'nt foing to look on this forum again as it was up and down with the pegasus
Hi, Carolyn 1st, we are also going in August 2006 and to be honest I am confident that things will be fine. That's not to say that I am not concerned about it, but I think as we are going in August, if there have been delays, hopefully they will have been sorted by then.
Thanks Grimbob.

Maybe we will see you there in August, we are going mid-august. Lets hope its a good holiday!!!
Hi Gel

I have the First Choice Summer sun brochure.
It sure does look good. I am confident everything will be up and running by July when we go. Just back from this years holiday and already looking forward to the next. Only 10 months to go. :D
:D we are booked for the 19th of July there are 12 of us going, I am sure everything will be great, a couple of years ago we booked a holiday through First Choice in Corfu in a hotel that hadn't been built, when we got there it was great, everything clean and new and was just as decribed in the book. So don't worry just sit back and look 4ward to a great holiday
Good advice Tadalaja, thank you!
8) Hi all, Fsdss we are also going to aqua beach 28/6/06. As for Kos itself it is a lovely island. This will be our fourth visit, each time to Tigaki. There will be eight of us going six adults two children aged ten and seven all family should be fun. :D We all went together two years ago stayed in the Aspro Spiti in tigaki. If anyone finds out before me where exactly the Aqua will be situated please let me know. We are all really looking forward to going again. I know it is All inclusive but do try to get out and take a look around the island if you can. :D
Hello everyone, I am also going to Aqua beach 28/6/06 really looking forward to it. Kos is a great place. We have booked two rooms with kids den and one standard room, only a few rooms left when we booked. We are all hoping that everything is ready for when we get there, but if not, we will enjoy the sun , sea and hospitality of the local people who are so friendly and love children. We try other holiday destinations but always seem to return to kos. This is the fourth time. :D
Hi all , looks like we will be the first ones from here going :shock: . We can be your crash test dummies :roll: .Though fingers crossed it will be all up and running by the time we go 24th may??
Sam xx
Hi Samanthaj, We went to the hv in Turkey this year and eveything was built when we got theri on the 29th of August, but im glad we was not the first to arrive as the hotel was a 4 weeks behind schedule and the hv in Turkey was not the only hv FC had had behind schedule the one on the Costa del Sol was 6 weeks behind schedule, i dont want to get alarm bells ringing, but if i was you i would keep phoning FC building line and ask them if everything is going to be ready, also near to you paying you balance i would ask FC if they could send you a letter saying what they will do if the hotel is not ready when you get their, im telling you this because 20 familes who arrived to a building site at the PP, got a solicitor involved and have just got £1000pounds compensation, the poeple who did not go to a solicitor only got 500pounds, im thinking about going to the Kos HV myself but not until 2007, me and my husband had months of worring about is their was going to be any building work when we got to the pp, but eveything was fantastic, please try and get it in writing or get them to email you telling you what they will do if the HV has still got building work going on. Good luck and let us know how you get on.
Hi Samantha
hopefully you will have some good feedback for us all upon your return from tigaki. :)
reading other feedback about the Aqua Beach Hotels being built in Corfu, Kefalonia, Kos. my opinion is you'll get the weather but not sure about the accommodation, A friend who your for F/C is looking for another job because of complaints about this holtel, she knows building on any of these complex's has not even started
Sam

We are going the week before half term in May (and the week of half term). If can find internet access about will post some news.
I am quite concerned about whether it will be ready, but sometimes you just have to get on with it and see. If they do try to put us elsewhere as not ready or whatever then they better compensate for the disappointment and pay me 2 weeks wages!
Got to stay positive... but I need that break!
Well, I sympathise & wish you luck.

But once the tour operators have your money in their hands you may find it difficult to get back.

A typical example, again from First Choice, was this year at Pegasos Tropical Hotel, Sarigerme, Turkey, a similar type of all inclusive hotel.

This wasn't fully up & running by the time guests started arriving and the best that FC would offer was a 10% discount.

So many people compalined about the situation that the story was covered in 2005 by the consumer TV programme "package holiday undercover"

http://www.packageholidayundercover.co.uk/programme4/turkey.htm

As for moving you if things are not ready, this obviously is dependent on what other properties they have vacant, these may be limited bearing in mind that it is half term.

To be honest, as you are going close to the start of the season I would be concerend, obviously those going later have a better chance of everything being right by then.
HI mrs Gaz, We will be guinea pigs together then as you are going the same time as us. Who are you travelling with? We are me, hubbie, and 2 boys aged 12 and 7.
Sam
Sam
We are me, hubby, 9 year old boy, 6 year old girl, 5 year old boy. We are staying in 2 interconnecting rooms and flying from Gatwick.
As for the 10% compensation, know a couple who were at the Village in Turkey and far far more than 10%! That's not suggesting that we will get the same if anything is wrong or unfinished.
Personally I'm not going to be worried by the scaremongers - I'm taking a bury my head in the sand attittude! Holidays are what you make them so will take a deep breath and see.
If your 7 year old goes to the kids club, I'm sure our paths will cross!
So seems you and I are the guineau pigs together...
mrsgaz :)
I am just going to take the attitude that surely after last years fiasco in Turkey First Choice would'nt make the same mistake again?

My kids will be going to the kids clubs so yes i reckon we will see each other but lets hope its not in the queue to complain!!
Sam x
hello all

We are visiting Kos aqua beach club on the 19th July 2006 for a fortnight. We are two famillies of 4 adults and 4 youngish (under 10) children. The brochure sold us the holiday, it looks "well smart" anyone have any recent news yet on how the hotel is progressing?

Thanks all

Richard
kos
Hey everyone you should have a look on the First Choice website they have updated the pics they are still artists impressions but look fab.
sam x
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.