Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
have just spoken to my daughter although she works for thompsons travel agents, they have a direct line, shes going to let me know will keep you all posted, has michelle actually been told or anyone else or is it all just speculation. I dont understand why they would have sent us all the tickets. its like a rollercoaster ...... :shock: :shock: [/u]
Yes Jo, it's true. First Choice rang me earlier to say it's now not opening til 1st July

Karen
Hello

is this a pi**s take???
I just thought I'd see how everyone is doing and read holidays are cancelled. I'm a 24ther. I've heard nothing from FC and the OH has spent a small fortune on summer clothes for the kids, booked dogs in kennels, sorted out cats, fish and various other creatures. Down to letting a friend use our house for the day for a kids party (must be mad).

It is a sick joke isn't it???

River
Pegasus palace looks fantastic Michelle, at lest is is built and is having real good reviews!
We called the travel agent and they said they would call customer services and get back to us ( its a first choice shop) and we are still waiting for a reply and hour and a half later - they called to say they were still on hold!!!

Carreen
xxx
What about Club ATlantica Sungarden Beach Cyprus? or Hotel Louis Zante Beach or Hotel Louis Helios Beach.....Are there any other hotels with the waterslides? I don't want to go on holiday now...just when I was getting to know fellow 24thers.......MICK where are you???? maybe we could all go to the same hotel????

I have already cancelled my car parking once and not received compensation, I don't know what i am supposed to do????
I went into my local first choice, although I booked online, and they didnt know anything about the date moving either. I cant even get on first choice website now to price up anything else cuz it seems they have 'technical problems'. I should say!!! :bhead
okay folk,s ive got through and ive been changed, along with my friend who was going with us anyway, to the pegsus palace on 15th june - 20th june so have extra 4 nights now for the same price, we have also been given the biggest room they have to accomodate us all,

THE KOS AQUA BEACH CLUB WILL NOT OPEN UNTIL 1ST JULY

KEFALONIA HAS BEEN PULLED FOR THE WHOLE SEASON

and this will make you laugh, he said apparently we are on a TV show tomorrow, it was on the tip of my tongue to say yeah I know, it was because of me and a few others that you are on it, I joked and said what are you going to be famous he said no not me personally but FC will be he then said, but we have come out really good on it, I said how can FC come out good when they have cancelled 3 hotels and upset so many people including tons of children, he didnt know what to say to that.

Dont know what else to say to eveyone now really im just so sad for us all, lets carry on this discussion forum werever we all end up and stay friends. I intend to carry on posting here.

Love Michelle xxxx
Some directors phone numbers:

First Choice Holidays PLC
Chief Executive Tel: 01293 588 530
Group Finance Director Tel: 01293 588 036
Director of Planning and Financial Control Tel: 01293 588 058
Corporate Communications Director Tel: 01293 588 944

I think the communicatiosn director needs sacking

*Edit sorry have had to edit out personal names - Glynis*
Mcfester u r a star !
Just had a reply from the hypermarket they have been cancelled, First Choice are letting all customers who booked direct today and all other customers tomorrow, they have set up a special help line to sort out the problems, and have also allocated additional funds aside to meet any extra costs
Right

I have been advised to go through the website and make a list of what hotels I fancy and then phone customer services back tomorrow and they will rebook. I'm gutted i don't want to go away now, my kids are so upset.....They won't cover the cost of the parking.....Where are you other 24thers going.
michelle can we have one of your list please, should be easy now
We have been watching this Discussion for some time, and were due to KABC on the 21st June, we are gutted, how do we go about finding another holiday, do we have to take what is offered ?????? :twisted:
why havent they let us know officially, this stinks we shouldnt have to run around just to check that we are actually still going on holiday, and why send the bloody tickets?????? am i mad or is this very badly organised, think we could have organised things better ourselves on line, they should all be sacked :rage
would the following people please contact me if you can and let me know where you are going? What are you doing about your booked parking?

24th May - River Manchester 20.00pm
24th May - Emmjay
24th May - SamanthaJ Bristol 17.50pm
24th May - TelnShell Manchester 7.15am
24th May - Mickd Gatwick 7.10am
24th May - Lisa London Gatwick 7.10am
24th May - SKLR Gatwick 7.10am
24th May - Kandice Birmingham 23.50pm
24th May - Jo123 Manchester 20.00pm
24th May - Gezhead Gatwick 7.10am
24th May - Liz Fraser - CANCELLED
24th May - Natalie Thomas - Bristol
Got to go to work now. Will be back later.
Karen
msn
Fellow 24thers Would you like to get together on MSN chat tonight and go through some other holiday options for the same date?
As a 31ster can I join you?
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.