Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Quote from Woody7: I told her it wasn't and that other people were being cancelled. She said "oh, is this on the forum"?!

To First Choice, yes it is "That" forum. You know, the power of the internet, where you can't sheild your lies any more!

Seriously though, I don't blame custmer services but is there any need to lie when we call? I mean lies such as "it's all built" if you don't know what the current status is, then you don't know, simple don't make excuses by lieing and leading us further down the garden path!

Looking forward to seeing the hotel on tv tomorrow, you don't think they will pull the programme do you now FC have taken steps today?
This is awful. Ajenkins and I are really struggling to find anywhere which will keep all our girls happy. They are devestated, and keep pointing out that all the other hotels I look at dont have slides!!

Managed to keep away from HT today (decided to get some work done insted) til Ajenkins emailed me at 4pm, basically been on the phone and holiday websites ever since.

Gathering here tommorrow to watch Holiday Hit squad. :(
cK00. My kids are like that! They were really lookin forward to the water park and I cant find anything anywhere near it. I agree with you Mick about the cust servs staff, not their fault. It's the heirachy that have made bad choices and they are left to deal with the s**t!
Kos
I know we're all angry but im sure the customer services staff will do their best to sort it. The trouble now is the availabilty. It might be worth looking on the internet and seeing whats available because if we can get it on there they must be able to. They can sort out the costs... im not paying anymore.
here here brenda. Dont see why we should stump up extra as they have messed us about.
Just remember, that the KABC had 300 rooms, so that means as of tomorrow when it becomes public that it (up until 1st july) and the kefalonia is cancelled, there will be a lot of people trying to get placed somewhere else, maybe we panicked a bit and went with the PP just to have a holiday, but im sure by the end of tomorrow there wont be much left, ive just looked on fc webbie at PP for may and june and already there is no availablity from london airports for upto 26th may and then from 23rd june - 5th july. Although the date we go on (15th june) still has 30 odd rooms left which will sleep upto 4 people, only 1 family room that will sleep 5 is left for this date.

Its because of "that forum" that we are all able to get in first today or 9 oclock tommorrow,

I ALSO WOULD LIKE TO THANK SP55 FOR ALL HIS INPUT INTO THE FORUM - THANKS VERY MUCH STEVE x
its really hard to get through but there has got to be someone at the end of the line. If i find something i want they can change it its not my fault and they had better give me my free childs place too why should i pay more for it now... its there error. I cant beleive how much i have been messed about, ive a good mind to go to ABTA
After we have all sorted our holidays we should look to gettin a group complaint to ABTA. First Choice shouldnt be allowed to get away with this. They did it last year to Pegasus people and now to us. They should be stopped from doing it again next year!

Michelle, you should be spokeswoman! Perhaps we should organise a protest march outside of their head office!! :rofl
My little one had only just got it into her head that 'kos was in greece' , not 'greece was in kos'. She seams happy if we go somewhere near to kos.

Spose she wont know that we are on another island completley!

The other one has SATS at school to cope with!
Sorry to butt in when you are all having such an awful time. I've been watching this with amazement/shock :shock: Anybody who is being changed to Turkey, there is a 10pound per person entry visa, so for 4 of you an extra 40quid I think that you should ask FC to pay, after all you didn't book for Turkey, you booked for Greece with no entry visa.
Has anyone seen the brochure for next year????

I wont be putting my hopes on the crete and rhodes aqua being open on time
I hope some of you are stayin on here late tonite. I am far too wound up to go to sleep!!
Michelle. I looked at the pegasus and thought it looked mint for the kids but I read some reviews and was worried about the mozzies. Have you heard anythin?
KOS
I dont think there is a chance in hell they would cover visa costs...

im definately going to try and squeeze all the money i can out of them....

if im going within 8 weeks am i not due compensation??? ill grab a brocuhre tomorrow and see as im sure i wont be reminded
It's possible that the feature may be pulled, this is what happened when the Corfu ABC was abandoned earlier in the year, because this left Watchdog (who were investigating Corfu ABC) with no story to run.

However, it's less likely this time as I understand that the feature is to be about a number (all?) of the ABC's rather than one.

I wouldn't get too excited about the prospect of seeing Kos ABC on the TV though as I doubt that the BBC would have been given permission to film. Let's put it this way FC may have given permission if they were confident that it all looked on schedule and would cast them in a good light.

Security has been stepped up on both ABC sites, so only distant or "secret" filming is likely to be a possiblity, so don't expect to see much inside Kos ABC, maybe some exterior shots if you are lucky.

It's more likley that reporters were sent over to look at the place and try and get interviews or statements and maybe some still photos perhaps.

Anyway, tomorrow night we shall see what we shall see.

Personally, I hope that the programme is not pulled as FC would be off the hook again, the second time in quick sucession. I have been warning against these developments since last year when I was campaigning against Corfu ABC.

Along the way it has at times been suggested that me ( & others ) have taken pleasure in upsetting people, when in fact we have only been trying to tell people what we know and what has already happened (i.e.: Corfu ABC)

As such I am not happy to see history repeat itself and have every sympathy with those who have had their holiday plans disrupted, I sincerely hope that those affected are able to find suitable replacement holidays.
Well I am armed with an array of alternatives just waiting to see if they have the cheek to tell me I have to pay the extra like the told hubby on the phone - by god will they hear me if they do!!!

I am so filled with rage right now - I can't get to sleep! I haven't had the bottle to tell my boys that they aren't going to the "slides" yet wanted to wait to see what we can get instead - but they are going to be gutted!!!

Carreen
xxxx
right,i'm off to bed now - ready to take on fc at 9:00 in the morning!!!
will catch up with you all tomorrow and find out the latest on what you're all doing - good luck to you all :)
night
I think we can get comp Brenda but it is a pants amount. From what I see they only have to pay 15-30 quid. If we cancelled with them at this late stage we would lose 90% of our money!!! How is that fair??????????
have you not read the forum...

KOS is pulled till 1st July and Kefalonia all season
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.