Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
helpline telephone no 0161 7452113
well done gezhead
compensation 40pounds for full paying adult and 36 pounds for children they say chose another holiday and they will see what they can do to help with the price if it is different ,but who knows ?????????
morning all, new to this site I have spent the last 2 hours trawling through all the posts, we are supposed to be leaving for the KABC on the 27th may from Gatwick. We too have heard nothing about the cancellation. A friend told us about a potential problem so I contacted FC Tuesday and was assured all OK. After reading all of this it clearly isnt. I am really mad as it only leaves us 2 weeks to find somewhere else but wot really makes me mad is that I havent even had a phonecall yet. :evil:
Hi ledge. We go on 31st May and haven't had a call yet either. It is a very very bad situation and their customer service level is appalling! :twisted:
Hi Sam, what makes it harder for us is our daughter has exams so we can only really go the half term week, dont really rate our chances me thinks :(

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Morning everyone,
Just wanted to say good luck to everyone today in getting something booked. Gutted we're not all going to meet up now, but wonder if BBC hadn't got involved whether we would have been sent out to a building site seeing as I already had my tickets!!!
GOOD LUCK
Karen

My personal view is yes you would probably have been sent to an incomplete resort had the BBC not intervened. As others stated it is quite obvious that it is not just a bit of cosmetic finishing off to be done but major works.

If it was just a bit of finishing off required FC customer services could have explained the situation to the early arrivals ( before departure) and offered them a suitable level of compensation, which I am sure many would have accepted.

In the light of this FC should be sending a director ( or high level manager at least ) to approve any new resort before it opens, furthermore they should learn from this lesson and put their own project managers on these sites, so that they can get good reliable information on current progress.

I am no legal expert, but as far as I am aware, the only way of obtaining a decent level of compensation is to actually sue the tour operator, probably under the package travel regulations
http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si1992/Uksi_19923288_en_1.htm

A couple did so last year and won their case
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=595733&highlight=#595733

There is obvious risk in suing a comapny as you may lose and end up paying their legal costs, so this is best undertaken either as a large group or with the support of trading standards who might bring the case on your behalf.

The fact that package holiday contracts are so weighted in favour of the tour operator really needs changing as so operators get away with far too much knowing full well that most people will not sue because of the risk.

In my view the law needs changing to allow the consumer better rights when dealing with the travel industry.
i was due to fly 24th, and have had nocall from fc. My daughter managed to get through to them about five oclock last night....and that was on a direct line from travel agents so god help anyone trying from their home phone..Its a disgrace. i feel like jeremy beedle is about to jump out from behind the curtain i really cant believe it!! :shock:
I know it's not a funny situation Jo but that bit about Jeremy Beadle made me laugh ! :rofl
i kid you not sam, i checked the bushes, i thought someone was having a laugh! anyway going shopping for last few bits..hope everyone gets sorted. will av to return my tickets or maybe keep them as a reminder of what nearly was! later jo :gluck
Anyone had much luck in getting through to the 'helpline'? I keep gettin cut off after 3 1/2 mins!
Cannot get through to FC at all. Had no phone call from them so the closer it gets to 24th the worse it is.... I too keep getting cut off.... I'm making notes of the exact time and what happens.
Started to look for holidays but guess what, there's nothing in Greece. All the AI's aren't suitable as we need either a huge room (non existent) or interconnecting rooms which are hard to find....

River
I have been trying various numbers and keep getting cut off - what are FC playing at. I left a message on the Chief Execs answerphone but don't expect to get a reply. I just want to talk to someone - how difficult can that be?
Hi Michelle,

Mozzie situation at PP is quite bad, especially the Italian Restaurant - right near beach and some wasteland (it may have improved from last year)

They do burn the coils in the restaurant.

I would suggest buying some coils here and the candle ones.

We burnt the candels on our table in the evening whilst having drinks and hardly got bitten.

The stuff you buy that is used by the locals can be brought in the hotel shop - the reps will tell you what it is called.

If KABC does get cancelled for whole season I will go back to PP.
I managed to get through this morning at 8.15 and made them call me back on my mobile! We have fortunately changed to Rhodes, but having just checked it looks like that hotel is fully booked now (showing 12 rooms last night). Compensation.............umm thats a joke in itself!! £24 is mine and that won't cover the lost car parking fee at Birmingham! Really hope that everyone gets sorted. Still very intrigued to watch the BBC tonight. Can you just imagine what sort of holiday we would of had on a building site if we hadn't contacted the BBC. I am quite pleased with myself for contacting them, even though I was worried at the beginning. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE :gluck
I just want to talk to someone - how difficult can that be?

Probably very difficult right now.

Bare in mind that FC are probably taking hundreds of extra calls at the moment, whilst their own people are trying to make outgoing calls to those affected.

I very much doubt that FC now want to prolong this issue a moment more than is necessary.
We were looking at Rhodes ajenkins. Where did you end up booking?
Sam

We have booked at the Kiotari Bay because of the Wavelength & Bugs bunny club for the kids.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.