Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Hi Sukaay and Buzz, i am thinking of Blackpool for a fortnight, or maybe Kerbs End......
I have spoken to *** before, he is a bit rude - and he works in Customer Services!!!

*Edit name removed please do not mention staff by name -Glynis*
Nice one Firebird :lol: I will join you in Blackpool then, everything there except the sunshine though 8)
  • Edited by Sukaay 2006-05-11 10:11:38
Firebird go and bang on the office doors and demand an inquiry :bhead
Limit I am still trying to get through... no luck though.
Hi everyone

Can't believe the incompetence of FC. Just when you think they can't get any worse they do by providing a crisis help line that just rings out!

Eventually after an hour and a half I got through to someone and have rebooked for Pegasus Palace. The tropical will be shut as this does not open until 15 July so I guess it will be less crowded!

Holiday actually worked out quite a bit cheaper and we got a Kids Suite. They initially said they wouldn't honour our free child place as the holiday was cheaper. I politely pointed out whose fault it was we had to change somewhere else and after checking with a supervisor they agreed to honour it on this occasion.

So don't be fobbed off anyone and good luck with finding something else either with or without fc!
fc told us this morning not to worry everything is fine for 1st july they said it will be ready before then but they are saying 1st just to make sure
ajenkins hi what did katie rice say?
finally got through to help line really nice lady said Directors been out and only minor detail to finish she did say would be ready before 1 july but giving therselves extra time Told me not to panic :rofl
Hello has anyone had a phone call from FC today?
Still waiting to be told!
Heres a bit of a giggle for everyone, their corporate advertising

http://www.firstchoiceholidaysplc.com/firstchoice/

the statement in the left corner

LEADERS IN FORWARD THINKING

:lol:
It may be easier to get through if all the people going AFTER the first of July stop ringing and trying to cancel. The line should really only be used by those people who were due to go before the first and have now been cancelled. PLease.
Hi Tracey. Yes Katie called me back and was completely amazed at the whole situation.

I asked if she thought all cancellations were due to tonights showing, and she didn't say yes or no but probably.

When I asked was there alot of work still to be do out there the answer was umm...to me that says yes. The BBC have filmed it, it is being shown tonight.

She thought the compensation was appalling and could not get over the fact that the 31sters had been issued with tickets. That was about it and they asked it they could contact me again should they need to.

Just can't wait to see tonights programme
ajenkins. 31sters havent had tickets have they?? At least we haven't!!
I agree firebird, does anyone know if fc will be holding some holidays back now ready for the cancellations? just that can't seem to find anything avaliable now online :?
If they are saying it will be ready for the 1st july they should give us going on 28th June the option whether we want to go or not. There can't be too many major problems left by then :evil:

:rage
  • Edited by Sukaay 2006-05-11 10:55:39
I agree Sukaay. When it was opening on the 24th they gave the 31sters and 7th June to change with no cost so they ought to do the same for you. Mind you given that they had that option in the first place says to me that they thought it wasn't going to be ready!
Hi, It was *** who changed my holiday last night, he is a supervisor in customer services and he was the one that joked about being on tv tonight. I am sorry but I do not believe that there is only minor things tobe completed at KABC they would not cancel 1800 familys just for minor refurbishments.

I phoned Mat last night to inform him of our holiday cancellations.

Also rememeber those going on 1st July, only 5 weeks ago when they cancelled those going early may, the 24thrs and 27thrs and 31sters were all told yep its going to be fine just a few minor bits and pieces to be done it WILL DEFINATELY OPEN ON 24TH, dont listen to anything FC say anymore, most of them do not know anything anyway they are just robots looking at a computer screen.

I really think everyone going this year should be looking for alternatives now, although when we tried to change a few weeks back they wouldnt do it for the same price because on screen it said the bloody opening date was the 24th.

I know your all frustrated trying to get through but remember until tonights programme there are an awful lot of people who do not read this forum who are in for one big of a shock, please keep trying to get through it will only be worse tomorrow.

Ive booked dr's tonight for all our Jabs for turkey, the kids dont know yet my eldest only had her TB jab last week and was in a state over that, im so glad her SATs are finished now as she has been stressed enough the last couple of weeks, she is so gutted she isnt going to be meeting Danielle and Andy, she said please can you talk to their mums and get them to go to the pegasus lol

Sacko so are you going to pegasus on 15th june now? if so at least my other daughter be happy as she has been talking with your daughter.

dont forget we will have a big MSN chat tonight add me to your contact list which you can do by pressing the MSN button on the bottom of this post

*Edit staff name removed -Glynis*
Sam. Just checked backand some received there tickets last Saturday. You had me worried then......Feeding BBC with wrong info!!
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.