Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
foxy - how many of you are going away? I think if your happy to change to the 5th july then go for it, after all like you said if they do pull again on a few weeks, you will be able to change foc to somewhere else, also if things are not up to scratch you will be entitled to compensation when you return (although thats not the way to look about it i know) plus if you change now you will get money back as the holiday has gone down so much, It is a gamble though isnt it? good luck in whatever you decide to do.
whats my chances of getting through to fc this morning? ive just noticed that on my new holiday the child price is up to the age of 14, whereas kos its 12, my daughter is only 13 and im still being charged for her as an adult on the new holiday, arghhhh here we go again.
michelle there is 2 adults and 1 child my other half is not convinced about the 5th july but i just want a holiday now!! i got through to firstchoice straight away this morning first call
just spoke to them, your right foxy I got through within 10 mins this morning, anyway they say that its right that my daughter should be classed as a child and that I am entitled to money back, she then put me on hold whilst she changed it on screen then came back to me and said that because ive changed from Kos which was a cheaper holiday!! and they matched the price for cds which should have been quite a lot more, then id not be getting any money back, to be honest I did think this when I was waiting, but thought id try my luck lol at least I tried.
well we've done it we are now going on 5th July I decided that if we were going to be crash test dummies for firstchoiec that we may aswell do it in style on the week that they are opening we tried to cost up pegasus palace but that was coming up @ £1935.00 and the tropical part is not opening until 17th july they are pushing pp due to POOR sales hardly a decent price to push them!!! Only thing i have lost is late checkout which the girl i spoke @9.10am told me was included in 1749 price but when i have just amended it is now not included perhaps just add one when we/IF we get there
Yes we booked to go on the 21st of June, I have just spoken to first choice and have been told that we have to change our holiday, nice of them to let me know!!!! Luckly we have got into the Majorca holiday village, the viva. They told me that they would pay £600 towards another holiday, so they have given me this one for the same price and instead of the 10days have been given 14days.
Will see you there then.
IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR ALL KOS AQUA BEACH CLUB MEMBERS FROM ROS FERNIHOUGH TRAVEL LAW LAWYER.

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=73371

Please copy this post across to the next pages so that all members can read the link.

Thanks.
firebird
do you go 5th july to kos? where are you flying from?
My word you guys, been offline since last Wed. What a mess. :shrug I hope you all have a great time on your new hols! I'm sticking with it for now. I enquired about changing but to be honest can't see anything apart from pegasus palace, we went to Turkey last year, so would like to go somewhere else. Need somewhere with big waterslides for my 42yr old child! :wink Is anyone else still going around 2nd August? (I'll supply the spades you can bring the steel toe cap boots!) :roll:
Mandy
hi we are stil going to but not till 27 sept - 11 oct anyone else going then. :wave
Hi all,

We're still going to Kos, we have chosen for the alternative Sunrise offered us, Norida Beach. Anyone going there to?
Me and my boys are going to KABC on 2 August from Manchester. Have been in two minds about what to do, but decided to sit back and watch developments. You never know - it might open on the new date and all will be OK. I keep thinking that now they've had nationwide bad publicity they'll move heaven and earth to get things sorted. Or am I being naive??
rang first choice at 1.pm and got straight through..... to wrong department,... but a great lady who said she would change our holiday so we wouldnt have to queue on the helpline!! we were due to go out on the 15th July, but couldnt risk a bad holiday as we are taking our teenage daughter with us.. and if we dont want a week of grief it has to be good!!! so now we are going to the kiotari bay miraluna village on Rhodes. we have a bigger room and a free child place, also she knocked off £600.00 so its only cost us £21.00 to change. So if you want to change your holiday stick with it coz some of the staff actually want to help you. kabx next year .... maybe. x
Foxy yes we are going fifth July from Manchester on the 07:15 flight. Definately. Because it WILL be open. :D
do you know somthing we dont :hmmm
ive just sat and watched holiday hit squad again on telewest replay and I do think they showed it from a bad angle, obviously there was lots of mess and building materials hanging around but they dont take too long to clear up, most of the apartments where ok with roofs, windows doors and plastering done, balconies and stair cases in, it was just one end that had no roofs, stair cases, and was just aluminium framework so still needed plastering, the waterslides were in and the pools dug although not tiled, the main concerns would be the beach and also all the pavements and walkways which need mass clear ups and paving etc, I think it could all be done in time, but hey im no professional I suppose their could just be cosmetic things that needed finishing off so maybe that could be a little tight for 5th July.
:lol: :lol:

Guess what!!!
:lol:
Guess where I am going on 23rd May 2007??? :lol: 8)

I am going to KABC!!!! So come on join me and be a 23rder!!!!!!!!

Lisa
Michelle you may be right, however when I went info FC shop on Thursday, the girl there read out a letter which they had received by email that morning, advising that ALL the building work & pools had been completed all that was left were some internal stuff and the area around the hotel like walk ways paths etc...Holiday Hit Squad proved that this is not the case, and it didnt look very completed to me, I had a letter from fc July last year as I wrote to them becasuse I was not happy when they down graded the hotel, in their reply they also confirmed that the building work had started approx 2 months ago (which means that would have started in May last year) so they have been building this for a year now, you would think it would have looked a bit more complete than it did.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.