Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR ALL KOS AQUA BEACH CLUB MEMBERS FROM ROS FERNIHOUGH TRAVEL LAW LAWYER.

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=73371

Please copy this post across to the next pages so that all members can read the link.

Thanks.
well i am still hoping it will open on time this time (ha! ha!) well im going on 9th september for 2 weeks and we are going with my 3 kids 6&5&2 and my mum & dad and the other halfs mum & dad oh yeah my brother and his girlfriend too!.
i too go in sept we dont fly out until the 13th with our kids (16,16,10,7)they are looking forward to it :D but just to be on the safe side i have 2 holidays on standby just in case they dont open in july as fc have changed the opening date 3 times now
Hi all, hi firebird, wow :shock: how quiet is this.. I think everybody must be sorted out with their holidays. Now hoping everything is up and running for the 1st July, we go on the 5th july.It was six more weeks of work today, because of the change now it is seven :cry: seems to have made a big difference even though it is only one week, never mind will get there in the end ...... or somewhere. :)
hi alex we fly same day as you where you flying from? :fly
I too have had no help whatsoever from FC. I have two sons who will be 13 and 9 when we are due to go to the KABC on 14 August.

FC have confused me on numerous occasions changing prices, etc. I have also had to pay flight supplements totalling £200 despite the brochure stating that no flight supplements were payable for our flight. FC said they are entitled to make these changes.

FC have also charged me various "supplements" for kingsize beds, even though I did not request them.

I cannot find any suitable alternative holiday in the same price bracket for the same 2 weeks. I queried what would happen if I cancelled the holiday and I was told I would forfeit my deposit of £500+ already paid.

Question? Is there anyone out there who actually received a free child place for this holiday? I asked FC this when I booked last year and they said there were very limited Free child places available and they had already gone - this was despite the fact that I booked in July. I then had to pay full price for my 12 year old son (approx £980).

The balance of my holiday is due on the 24th June - a couple of weeks before the KABC is due to open? Is anyone else in the same position? What do you intend to do?
I go the 9th, balance due 14th June.

I did not get a free child place. You have to book first couple of weeks of the brochures going on sale (beginning of May) I have also booked holiday for next year and did manage to get a free child.

We are taking 3 children and went for interconnecting rooms, as we would not fit in one room.

We had to pay adult prices for 2 children and £1 each per night supp. for the connecting room.

I think it is disgusting to charge the adult prices when they do not have rooms big enough for us all.

4.5k our holiday cost, alot of money if not everything is in place by the time we go.
Leanne - thanks for this.

Did you see Holiday Watch - unfortunately, I missed it. Was the KABC a building site? Wasn't nothing finished.

Incidentally, I was told by FC that the reason our sea view rooms were being cancelled was because FC had only been allocated a small amount of sea view rooms and these were being offered to other customers!!
Hi kay my name is lorna and i am one of jeff cooks party there are 10 of us going 6 adults 4 children my twin niece,s 3 my daughter 10 my son thirteen we had the three kids free :) but we had to pay full price for my son we are going on the 16 aug we will see you out there hopfully :wave
Hi Leannec, as stated in my previous post I book the day after the brochure is issued ( late April early May ) and I got 2 free child places - lot of use that has done me now as Fc say that on any subsequent holiday I book they do not have to honour free child places!! So everything is working out so much more expensive. I will just have to hang fire until they cancel and hope any compensation pays the difference even though I feel the compensation should be in my hand not lining their pockets further.
emmabombemma

if they cancel your holiday they should honour any extra cost which should include the free child places.

if you look back others that have been cancelled got their free places.

unfortunaretly us going after 1st July will have to hang on. We can change now free of charge (not pay the small admin fee) but any extra costs (including if no free child places left) will have to be paid by us.

not very good when travelling in height of season as there won't be much left.

but hey, I am feeling confident that I will be going to KABC!!!
Hi to everyone been reading this forum for a week now mad :x what they have done to everybody going on 16 aug have to pay for the holiday 24 may no other choice until they cancel? just had a letter off fc saying the holiday has been redused because of the room change £168.00 thats

£42 per person i was down graded from doublebed 4 to twin 4 as anybody else had this?
I had new invoice but mine still says dble3 - I have connecting rooms and think these are still dbls. I did ask fc and they said yes, if invoice says dble3 it will. But I will have to wait and see, take what they say with a pinch of salt.
HiLorna we had our rooms downgraded from doubles to twins they gave supplements back they said staff in kos had said there was no doubles just twins if you watched holiday programme last week beats me how they could say that We have now cancelled going to Rhodes good luck :gluck
I was going 31st May, changed our holiday last Thursday and received tickets to Kos today!! :shrug
i didnt book until december and i got a free child place you just have to make sure that the agent is searching properley for your holiday.
foxy0810

you go 30 aug, couldn't go that late as kids back at school.
Gina - We go from Bristol on the 13th :)
hi kay mason. i watched the holiday programme an it broke my heart to see it in such a mess. there was no long stretch of golden sands, just rocks. the pools were built but only concrete. i was told in feb that the work was ahead of schedule an KABC would be opening a month early. how wrong they were :oops: we got a free child place an we go on 30th august for our honeymoon :P. i really do hope that it does open on the 1st july. was really looking forward to it. not too sure now :sulk
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.