Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Janenmick I have started to feel the same way about it not being ready for us, and we are looking at alternatives just in case the dreaded phone call comes :cry: but they will have to find me something on Kos.

On the positive side it will be ready on time.
Mrsmel just checked on FC and you are right about the restaurant. FC will be getting a phone call from me tomorrow as this is not what we booked. What started off as a 4star is now a 1star and faiding rapidly. Enoughs enough and I will be talking to them tomorrow but am not prepared to pay extra for changing. I will be looking for compensation for the reduction in facilities. Sorry folks but I am afraid that it looks like it definetely won't be running fully functional for a little while yet. If this is the case FC need to compensate as they are not going to be providing all the facilities advertised when people booked. The only thing I ticked a box for was the lack of horseriding. I am expecting all the restaurants to be open and if not WHY?
Hello People
This is the latest info when you confirm holiday booking on web

1 Horse riding is not available at the Kos Aqua Beach Club.

2 There is one rooftop restaurant whose theme will rotate on a daily basis between 3 different themes. This a la carte option is limited to 1 visit per week
What a joke, this seems to be getting worse by the day.
What's going to be next I wonder ???

I think I might as well forget going to Kos this year because I'm not prepared to go there to the shambles that it looks like its going to be.

I'm going to start to look for alternative holidays but I'll wait until July 1st to see if it opens before I contact First Choice to change.
Although we're not going until September 13th even if it does open on time I'm going to change.

Its just not the holiday I booked :x
I dont know if anyone has read the safe and sound booklet which the modulators are advertising, if not it would be a good thing for you to down load it and have a look.
part 2 of the booklet tells you what to do if you get to your hotel and its not up to scratch with what you booked,
It really is a good read, for those of you who have booked hoping that there will be certain facilitys there, but are now being told there wont be. might find this booklet interesting. have a good slow read of it.
Haven't been on this site for a week or so and I'm a bit disappointed to hear what appears to be a lack of progress with the complex. I'd hoped by now that things might be noticably improved as we are booked to fly from Manchester on 2 August. We have to pay the balance this week (will leave it till last minute on the last day!) But we remain positive - the Smith family will be there on the due date and it will be lovely!! :D
i dont no ,what to do if we cancel we will have to choose something we really dont want and pay extra for the priviledge ! if we dont we make do and put up with it, which is the best option we only have one holiday a year which we work hard to pay for why should we put up with this, if it was us messing fc around it would be a different game ! which ever way we turn the odds are stacked against us at the moment even if they cancel us and offer an alternative it is mexico or somewhere like that in rainy or hurricane season . :bhead keep trying to think positive and send these vibes to builders in kos but every now and then get a bit disheartened cant believe businesses can do this to there customers then again am i too trusting ?and a soft touch?
Mrsmel, I feel exactly the same as you do. Our holiday is very important to us - as it is to everyone on this site I imagine - and the thought that there may be problems before we even go worries me. Being stuck with two teenager boys and an 11 year old (I'm a single parent) where there are limited facilities is my nightmare!! We had such a fantastic AI holiday with FC last year in Corfu - our first AI - and it spoilt us for any other type of holiday. For me, it was a dream come true as the food etc was brilliant and the kids had loads to do, plus I didn't feel too isolated as there were lots of friendly folk around. As a recent widow, this was important to me - we'd done self-catering a few months before and I felt very alone.

But I am trying to be positive for this holiday and will read with fascination the posts after 1 July.
It looks like you lot are on the rollercoaster that we got of off...or rather got kicked off of.....!!!

I do feel for you......
Hi to you all

Reading all your posts my heart goes out to all of you. :(
We too had the same experience, ups and downs like a see-saw!
We are Kef ABC casualties and hung on until the very last moment. We actually had a phone call from FC on the Wednesday morning before the famous Holdiay Hit Squad programme. They actually phoned in response to an email we sent asking them for answers to the rumours going round. The very nice lady said there were no problems and glad we were still going - 11th July. Anyway, about 4 hours later in the afternoon, we read on the Kef forum that the ABC would not be opened! Obviously straight on the phone to FC and they said yep! no holiday for us at KefABC!!!!! :twisted: Could not believe it! So, as there are 2 families going, we spent all Wednesday night trying to find an alternative which would be as good if not better than the ABC. Decided to try for Cyprus, the Atlantic Sungarden Beach Hotel. We have always wanted to go to Cyprus but it is expensive when taking the children .... anyway, to cut a long story short (sorry I can waffle!!), we are off to Cyprus ASB on 12th July! Flights are a bit pants but FC upgraded us with rooms, flights and gave us 2 late checkout rooms for £90!
All in all, after we got over the first disappointment, we are very happy with the outcome.
My personal advice would be to hang on until the last minute if you are able. We were adamant that Kef was where we chose and where we had paid to go and if FC wanted to move us, it would be to our benefit.
So good luck to you all and I hope you have a super holiday wherever it may be! :D Hopefully Kos ABC as I am sure all the ABC's will be excellent when up and running.

Oh and as a by the way .... reading the posts on the Kef forum, it seems that some very unlucky holiday makers actually got to Kefalonia thinking they were going to KABC and were taken to different hotels!!!! I would NOT be very pleased with that! Not sure how true that is but don't have any reason to doubt it.

Best wishes,

Brook St
im trying to be hopeful for you all, but im convinced by what i saw that NOT ALL of this kabc will be COMPLETELY ready by the 1st of july and please look at my words NOT ALL.
they might open 2- 3rds or even 4- 5ths of it but i dont think the whole of it will not be totally finished, i hope they prove me wrong.
If it is ready then please forgive me for this post,
I just want you to be prepared,
a few things are garenteed though
the wheather will be lovely
the people very friendly,
the sea christal clear and warm
the drinks flowing
and you wont want to come back,
Brook st you are right what you say about holding on till the last. For us it is not so bad, only 2 of us but already alot of the places I looked into a couple of weeks ago are now not available. We are not that flexible with out dates unfortunately so that limits the field a bit. But I still have a couple of places in hand for if and when we get the call. We are supposed to go 1st July. I am sure gezhead is right and the place won.t be complete even if it does open.
They must know that the restaurants won't be complete because of the note on their site about only the roof top restaurant being open.
gezhead I never want to come back :cry: am already moaning about coming back before I even go. Got as far as finding a three bedroom house to rent one year in a village.. but was no work for partner. Plenty of seasonal work for myself though.
I think that they will still send us there but the place won't be complete. As long as it is not a building site and there are pools, entertainment for kids and food, I am not thinking of changing we will go armed with camera and notebook to make sure we note all of things that are wrong :roll:

Back on the rollercoaster :yuck
Hi firebird, you are supposed to be working :lol:
:wave Hi gezhead. thanks for the pics. i have only just seen them. i have printed them off. it looks awful at the moment. great pic of you. haha. will have to stay positive. good luck everybpdy. :D
Thanks for the pics Gezhead.
MrsGaz Where did you go in the end
Thank you for pics gezhead.

I don't actually think they look that bad - there is alot of tidying up to be done, that will all be done probably week before opening.

I am a bit upset about the restaurant - I was look at how many restaurants there are before choosing holiday, especially AI properties.

I like to have a bit of variance. Not looking forward to the other half and the kids moaning that the food is the same.

Surely they should be grading it lower again (3* properties have more restaurants than KABC) we should be offered comp now!!

They should also allow more than one visit a week - can't remember how many there were supposed to be, but we should be allowed number of visits per number of original restaurants (2 or 3 visits per week)

Has anyone called them after finding out this news?
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.