Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
LTI Grand Azure *
1176 Posts
Will the waiters / bar staff etc take pound coins
just happy with any!!!! will try an get any electrical goods of you. we took a cd player and they all wanted it . offered any extra services. up to you what you want to do
Thanks for your help. I just hope we can all avoid the tummy bugs.
we went end of feb for two weeks and had no tummy problems at all. I think if you just use a bit of common sense you'll be ok. Try and use the a la carte at night, can be booked the morning before. Only better because the russians have no concept 'of a queue' and it gets a bit irritating to be knocked out of the way over a bit of chicken. Hope you have a great time! Wish it was us going. When we got back we booked for easter 2007 and we have never gone back to the same hotel before.
I TIPPED IN EGYP. POUNDS WHEN I WAS THERE, DID SMALL AMOUNTS AND THEN WHEN I GOT TO KNOW THE STAFF GAVE THEM EXTRA. STAFF DONT EARN THAT MUCH OUT THERE SO ARE GRATEFULL FOR ALL THE TIPS THEY GET.

ALSO EGYPTIANS LOVE THE ENGLISH AND WANTS ENGLAND SHIRTS, FOOTBALL TOPS, ETC ETC. WE ARE GOING MARCH NEXT YEAR AND WILL TAKE THEM A FEW SMALL GIFTS.

*Edit please do not post with caps lock on Briar
Thanks for your advice. Flying tomorow. Watch this space.
35 days for me.............. (seems like a lifetime tho)

Im sooooo excited!!!!!!

:pele :sun :yipee :fish :fly :wave
only just found this site and am little unsure of what to do but here it goes we are going to the LTI Grand 17th August for 2 weeks we have a 4 yr old and an 18 month old and I am now worrying if we have done the right thing reviews on this hotel is so mixed!! any feedback from you guys out there will be much appreciated on Kids club etc I do realise that it will be hot however I was assured that there is ample air con and shade available for my youngsters we booked this over a year ago and :D instead of looking forward to our holiday I am starting to panick slightly oh and any advice on what £ to take dollars egyptian etc would be appreciated
A Big Thankyou in advance to anyone out there who replies to a very anxious parent and wife who may get the blame for choosing this hotelXX
Hi,

we are going to the LTI on the 24th August and have been reading all the reviews on a number of websites :shock:

They do vary so greatly that you begin to wonder just how one person can rate it 1/10 one day and then a person who stayed there at the same time comes along and rates it 10/10..... :?
We have come to the conclusion that it is all down to the individual and a holiday is what you make of it at the end of the day......if you go with the intent to have an outstanding holiday then you shouldn't go wrong..... :D

Hopefully we will see you out there..... :)
Hi all

We are staying at the grand azure 31st August for a week and really looking forward to it although reviews have been somewhat 50/50!! :?

Anyhow i think we are just going to go and try not to worry about funny tummies or anything else. Glad i have found out this site though asit seems much more balanced and postive than the reviews you read elsewhere!!
Hi Rachel.....you will be there when we are......... :hyper

I cant wait............ :pele

From what I can gather, getting a dodgey tummy happens everywhere, not just at the LTI so everybody is in the same boat. :yuck

Anyway, my holiday is gonna be wicked because it will be what I make of it......so I take what people say with a really really small pinch of salt...... :hmmm

27 days to go.................WOO HOO!!!!!! :fly :fish :yipee :sun :wave
We fly out on the 24th and can't wait!!
There have been mixed reviews but as it's already been said, a holiday is what you make if it. :D

We have read so much helpful advice in regards to Egypt and in particular the LTI so thank you all.
Hi Tilley, where are you flying from???? We travel the same day, are you there for two weeks???? :fly
We fly from Gatwick, and yes we're there for the fortnight.
Might see you there :D
Ooooooo me too!!!!!

:hyper :hyper :hyper

26 days to go.....................
hi, we go to the lti grand azure on the 11/9/06 is there anyone going the same time as us??
we are looking foward to it alot and have to children 8 and nearly 11 so hopefully there will be loads for them to do.
let us no if you going to be there same time, we are going for two weeks
Really looking forward to it now, cant wait and the pictures look great! We are only going for a week but wish it was longer!

Have come to the conclusion that you will never please everybody so we are going to go and just enjoy!

Hope to see you there! :yipee
Hi, we're off to the Grand Azure on Monday :pele
Was a little apprehensive after reading so many negative reviews on other sites, but from what I've read on here it seems like a great hotel. Very excited now!

One question: does anybody know which block the family rooms are situated in?

Thanks
We had two family rooms (I didn't like the first room as it was ground floor and the staff were really helpful). both were situated very near to the activity pool (where animation staff are), very close to the Buffet restuarant.

There are two types of family room, one that only has a partial wall (ie you can see over the top of it, to the other beds so offers very little privacy - which is what we were given first, the others are one large room with a proper dividing wall and door, you walk through the second room to get to your bathroom - which was alot better for us as with a 13 year old daughter and 11 year old son, they didn't mind sharing with each other, but didn't really want to see their parents naked :shock:

We liked the hotel, and would return abeit probably only for a week next time as the hotel is very remote.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.