Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
children
1176 Posts
It depends what your kids like to do - mine was more than happy in the pool/slides, playing table tennis etc. There are play areas on the beach (swings/slides etc) and football goals and motorised scooters/bikes to hire. Never used the kids club so don't know what that was like - there was also a snooker/games room. We went in Feb and there were lots of children there.

Enjoy its great!
Returned from LTI Grand Azure yesterday evening having spent a very enjoyable week,today we have booked to go back again in july for 2 weeks.Staff are very helpful,friendly and nothing is to much trouble.We have a 11 year old who made loads of friends and was kept amused all day with the numerous activities that were on offer. The food was okay many different dishes to choose from in the main resturant,l unch time wonderful kebabs and pizzas offered at the beach bar here you could also get chips which were not available in the main resturant. The rooms were large and clean tea and coffee facilities make sure you stock up on water from the bar or you have to pay before 10am in main reception. The pool areas are wonderful clean towels given daily need to get down by 8.30 to secure a good place although many shaded beds on the beach.
is the small room in the family room seperated by door or curtain?
Came back from Grand Azure yesterday. The pools are fantastic. Did not spend much time on beach. The water is very shallow until you come to a coral reef, past the end of a very long jetty. The snorkelling here was okay, but would recommend you book a boat trip from the dive/snorkel shop.
We went on two and were able to scuba dive in the Red Sea as complete beginners. They provide all the equipment and you go in one at a time with an experienced instructor. Very safe and well worth the money. Plenty of time to snorkel with kids too from boat.
When we arrived at hotel, we were upgraded to junior suite (realised quickly that this was because they had run out of family rooms). The suite is the same size as the family room but has a small sitting area instead of second bedroom. Camp beds had been put in for kids. As there were two small double beds in room, kids tended to sleep in them with us, though. If you want your privacy you'll have to insist on a family room. Rooms kept very clean as is the whole complex. Very few insects.
Water slides were good. Once kids discovered the heated pool, by side of Waterfall pool and in front of main hotel they tended to spend most of their time there playing with the friends they met.
Daytime entertainment is at a different pool but we preferred the quiet of the waterfall pool. Sunbeds available around all pools but you need to collect your towels and put them over beds before 8.30 or you'll have to sit on the pool bar chairs. Drinks service can be slow when busy so be prepared to wait a while for your drinks, both at pool side and in the main hotel.
Only disappointment really was the food. No sign of omelettes or eggs being cooked to order. Sausage, beans, etc. very different to those at home. Toasting machines set very low, so you have to put the bread through three times for it to brown. Soups tasty but very watery. Loads of pasta in main restaurant but rest of dishes very mismatched. The kids struggled here. Tropicana by the beach did nice pizzas and kebabs in the day. Also ate at burger bar opposite for a lunch - okay. We preferred the Italian for the evening meal. The chinese was fine but the kids didn't like it. You can book these the day before but need to be at reception early (9.50). We had to eat at 9pm twice which was too late for our kids.
No stomach bugs, pleased to report!
Went to Naama Bay once. Hassled too much but enjoyed the KFC. husband went to Pizza Hut but disappointed as not as good as at home. Most souveniers can be bought from shops outside the hotel for similar prices. Henna tattoos also available from here.
I don't usually burn but tan straight away and normally only use a 10 sun factor however we were having to use 25/30 sun factor creams. The kids still burnt using these so would recommend that you go prepared with High SF creams and spare T shirts and hats the kids can swim in.
Took loads of £1 and 50p coins for tips, following advice from other reviews. As it turned out 10 egyptian pounds equates to £1 so we were able to use these as tips too.
Hope this info is useful.
Just to add eggs/omelettes are cooked outside (downstairs outside the main restaurant)! Took us a few days to find it!
Has anyone been able to get in touch with this hotel. I have been trying for months to contact them. My emails just bounce back and they dont pick up the phone. I need to make a reservation - any help would be appreciated. Thanks
you can make a reservation using medhotels.com
Yes I know that, Ive been trying to get the best quote possible and thought that I might get that by contacting the hotel direct. Does anyone else know of a good site to get a quote. The best I have had so far is through travelrepublic but its still £1300
Hi....we are going here on 24th August.........anyone else????? :D
All

Well what can I see already getting excited with booking up to go back to this hotel. Must say this is the best holiday I ever went on back in April last year. That good that we have re-booked for March next year.

Can anyway tell me if Hani (Danny Devito Lookalike) is still working there. He was always on the Terrace Bar whilst we were there with a young Mohammed and there supervisor Mohammed also Adel was on the bar. These guys really made our holiday last time round. I know for a fact Mohammed is deffinitly still out there as I receive Text messages from him still.

Cant wait to get out there again just a shame that I have to wait this long. :hyper
can anyone who has just come back tell me what the security is like at the lti we go in june and a bit worried just want to put my wifes mind at rest

thankyou
Well I stayed at the Coral Sea Last year (a couple of hotels up the beach) on a couple of occasions we too a walk up to and past the LTI and were not challanged by the Security (Two or Three guys sat spaced apart on the entrances to the hotel from the beach). However we were an anglo-saxon family and did not look a threat.

My honest opinion would be that the front of the hotel is very secure due to the distance from the hotel to the road, road barrers with spiked logs on the floor to burst tyres and security checks on the front entrances including metal detectors.

A bomber could gain access via the beach, Nabq is not yet a built up area and there are no 'locals' hanging about the beach so they would be very easy for the security to spot approaching the hotel.

One oversight though is that a car bomb or truck could possibly gain access to the beach side path from an adjacent hotel or worksite drive up the path and into the rear of a hotel to explode.

Last October there was road blocks for all locals going in any direction and the police were very thorough with them.

We felt very safe and will be going back this October.
On a seperate note, does anybody know the name of the sistr hotel to the LTI Gran Azure?

I have heared that there is a free bus in the evening to the sister hotel in Sharm for a disco, is this still the case?
Hi everyone, anyone going to the Grand Azur within the next month or so? I have heard alot about the "lack" of evening entertainment and just wondered if this was still the case? Jason mentioned a "sister" hotel.......will we be able to go here for evening entertainment instead?
Any help would be appreciated....... :)
Hi Squeeky

We fly out on the 29th May, though never having been to Egypt before we usually goto the Caribbean, I am expecting entertainment to be very similar, very basic shows usually repeated each night just with different costumes - some of them are quite good - the first time!!, we usually take cards and games etc, holidays for us are about relaxing as we both have very stressful jobs. If you want busy nightlife, you will probably have to get a taxi into Naama Bay.

The best thing to do is go with the flow and see what happens, the best nights I have had on holiday have usually been in the lobby bars just chit chatting to people we have met there.

Have fun.
hey all,
going in 4 weeks 1st june with wife and baby could any one help me out, does the hotel have full fat cows milk for the baby and microwaves in the room or available for warming baby food.
cheers chris
Hi can anyone tell me are jeans and trainers acceptable in the restaurants at the above hotel? We have a 15 year old son who simply refuses to wear trousers and shoes, thanks
We were there last year and can't remember there being any dress code.
Judging by what some of the Russians wore, jeans and trainers are smart!

Anything goes in this hotel, you can dress up or down and no one bothers.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.