Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
LTI Grand Azure *
1176 Posts
jase31

Re Geen wristbands, your description is right, its mainly use of the exec lounge, OK if you like being stuck in a room with a load of Germans with no atmosphere, the international brand drinks are not always available, and I believe you dont have to book for the Restaurants, thats not a problem if you dont mind waiting a few minutes at 10 on the morning you are booking. We were there in July and it was busy, we didnt have any trouble booing Restaurants.Also you get your mini bar stocked with juice, water and beer daily, but you can always go to the bar and take it to your room.

All in all it depends what you want and how much extra you want to spend, We upgraded our room to a junior suite near to the main lobby which I would advise, but they wanted an awful lot extra for the green wristband ( room was an extra £180 for the 2 weeks, I think it was around £500 incl wristband upgrade for a family of 4)

Hope that helps. Nigel
Interesting that you can upgrade room without upgrading "band"

Is it that you need to book the al la cartes if you are on red band? but not if you are on green?

Assume the minifridge on green is part of the AI?
If you are bookedinto a standard room as we were with airtours you can upgrade room and or green wristband when you check in. Fridges are standard in the junior suites and family rooms, but are empty unless on the green wristband. You can put your bottled water supply in it to keep it cold which is a must in the summer.
Restaurants - I think if on green wrist band you dont always have to book, not definately sure, we tried to get in on last minute, there were plenty of tables but the staff told me they had to keep some back always on the later sitting so green wristbanders could just turn up!!
its a nightmare getting out to the deeper water but when u are out there it is one of the best places to dive in sharm the only reason people slag it off is because of the walk out to the deeper waters when we were there we dived everyday and decided to go boat diving one day, it was no where near as good where the boat took us as it was at the hotel, when speaking to the tour operator on the boat we were telling him that we were not that impressed by what we had seen and it was better at the lti he agreed with us and said thats where he goes diving.
Hi
Everything has gone quiet on this thread :?
Is anyone about to go or just come back :?:
About ten weeks till we arrive if we survive the festive season. Still wondering where the family blocks are located- can anyone advise please :?:
Can someone please confirm that towels are included and are available at the beach and pools together with sunloungers as I have just read in the Thomas Cook brochure that sun towels and loungers are extras. I really dont want to take 5 towels in the suitcase!
We are off on Sunday and really looking forward to it.
Thanks
hi helen there are towels avalible at the pools and beaches but i found that they ran out now and again so grab one from the first stand you see, you wrent ment to take the pool towels to the beach or the other way around but thery dont say anythink if you do. have a good time and take some tummy tablets with you just in case
yes towels are included, you get a card like a credit card that you exchange for a towel in the morning. Then you hand back the towel and get the card returned at the end of the day.

There is a charge if you loose this card, so if at the end of the day they have run out of cards keep the towel and just swap it the following morning :?
Thanks for the info, and yes, we already have tummy tablets, after reading this thread for a few months now
Cant wait to get off that place into the warmth
Please, please, please - is there anyone out there going here soooooonnn?
6 weeks and counting. Will we be the only brits there :?: :?: :?:
Just back from one week r&r. Fabulous hotel very large but no sense of overcrowding,weather was great not a cloud in the sky and very warm although it does get dark early and when the sun goes down quite chilly.
Was very worried about food choice & upset tummies,but no need. All I can say is the people who moan about the food must be very hard to please as mostly there was so much choice it was hard to choose!We ate everything inc fish prawns etc & never had any tummy probs. Plenty of brits there but also many russians who are very loud and have no concept of the queuing system!!
All in all a great place to chill out.

*edit to restore normal font Briar
Well, we had a fab week, no tummy upsets at all. The staff couldnt do enough to help. We werent in a very large room, but as we never spent much time in there, we didnt worry. The selection of food was amazing and the cappacinos were the frothiest ever. Just a shame there was no special Christmas Eve dinner. We will definately be going back in the near future. The water park was a great hit with the kids. We also used Werner Lau on site for our diving courses and they were very professional and organised. The only downside was all evening entertainment was outside and it was too cold to stay out long, even with our coats on. Management need to rethink that one for next winter. There were Russians, but not enough to worry about. Thoroughly recommended
we're going in about a month, but can't find any info to say if there are any atm's on site. If anyone could let me know would greatly appreciate it.
Seem to remember lots of pages back that there ia an atm in the hotel next door.
thanx welshlass, looks like we're going at about the same time! 12 feb. I'm still getting confused about this up grade malarky. suppose we'll just sort it out when we get there. booked a family room 2 adults 1x 9 year old. went to sharm last easter and if it's half as good i'll be happy. :D
Hi Magsg
We have booked a family room as well (2 adults and 1 9yr old!)
I am still trying to confirm where these rooms are located but havent had a reply from the hotel yet.
Counting the days, but still have to get over the fear of jabs this week before I get really excited :!:
Hi all

We are going on 12th Feb - anybody any idea what weather will be like then?

Not too worried about reviews - hotel looks great.

Also what jabs are people having???

Thanks
Lucie
we got our jabs last year then had the boosters so they last for between 3 and 10 years. hurt a bit but better than getting the 'nasties' I agree hotel looks fab! and we'll all have a fantastic time (well that's what I'll say to everyone at work when we get back!!)Seems to be loads goinig on and best of all lots of options. our 9 year old is a bratz mad girl who likes footie! if you find out anything let me know. I've been checking weather and it's much better than here.
hi, we're getting very excited!! only 4 weeks to go. hope the 'unmentionables' have gone ok for everyone. {sorry moderator :oops: } anyone else going around the 12th especially kids and people who like to take part in activities. Hope to see you soon
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.