Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Flights to Cairo
1176 Posts
Hi

We are going to the GA on boxing day to chill out for one week. Can anyone advise on the following;-

Can you go for an evening stroll for instance nearby hotels or shops and are roads lit?
I have requested a high floor-is it just 2 storey and where is the best spot for a quiet room?
Finally has anyone been at this time of year if so what is weather really like!!
Hi Philgn

We returned from GA on 11th September. We visited Cairo on the day flight. Were picked up from the Hotel at 5.00am. Flight to Cairo was 1 hour. Visited the Alabaster Mosque of Mohamed Ali, Geyzer for the Pyramids and Sphinx and then the Egyptian museum. Got back to the hotel at about 9.45 at night.

It was a good (but long) day and the tour guide was brilliant. There was a day coach trip too, but this must have been such a long trip, I am pleased that we took the flight. I can't remember exactly how much it cost as we booked other trips at the same time, but I think it was between £160 and £180 each.

If you have any more questions, please ask.

Sheila
People Of The Forum,

I am due to visit the LTI Grand Azure in November and would like to know about the restarunts onsite, from reading this forum I have come with a list which I think is avaible:

Breakfast
---------
Main buffet style restraunt (Does not need to be booked)

Dinner
------
Main buffet style restraunt (Does not need to be booked)
Shack on beach (Does not need to be booked)

Evening Meal
------------
Italian (Needs to be booked in the morning)
Chinese (Needs to be booked in the morning)
Arabic (Needs to be booked in the morning)
Main Buffet restraunt (Does not need to be booked)
Shack on beach BBQ (Does not need to be booked)

As I am only there a week I would like to know so I don't spend the first couple of days finding my feet and missing out.

Thanks in advance.
Nathan
only the a la carte restaurants need to be pre booked and all were excellent, we stayed for two weeks in august and ate 3 times in each of the chinese Italian and Oriental, the oriental has a bit of a belly dancing show after the meal.
there was a 7 or 9 oclock sitting in chinese and italian and 8 oclock only in the oriental.
never had any problem booking the restaurants and would go back to the hotel tomorrow given half a chance.
have a great time and don't worry about the restaurants, you will always be able to get in one or another.
also a fish restaurant that needs booking but my kids not keen on fish so didnt try this one but reports from other guests were all good
Yes Nathan, the Seafood Restaurant is nice too. There is one 8pm sitting and it is located near the beach. Unlike all the other restaurants it is partly open air, so with views of the beach at night and candle lit tables it makes quite a romantic setting. At lunch time there is a snack bar by the main Waterfalls pool which serves chips and rolls as well as the main buffet restaurant and the Beach Snack Bar and Tropicana restaurant where you can get burgers, hotdogs, pizzas and kebabs.
Thanks for the info it really helps, can anybody tell me how much it is from the hotel to Namma bay and if there are taxis waiting outside or do you get reception to order them.
You can get the free shuttle bus from the hotle to Naama bay. They ask that you book the day before but if the hotel is not very busy then there is usually no problem in getting a place. it runs about 6-8 times a day. Couple of trips in morning and afternoon and a few more in the evening.

As for taxi's we didn't use them but you can book one through the guest relations - they will call one for you or just walk out onto the main road. You'll be innundated. Negotiate cost before you leave - 450 Egyptian Pounds is a good price and have the right money. They won't have any change.

Have a great time :lol:
Hi, can anyone help please. We are booked to stay in the LTI Grand Azure at Christmas and would like to know of a local 5star padi diving school. I think I read somewhere that there was a hotel next door with a diving school. If not can anyone recommend a close by diving school to our hotel.
Thanks
Helen
There is a dive school at the hotel which a few used and it seemed to get good reports.

My husband used the Camel club dive school. They are based in the next hotel along. Just go to the beach, turn left and its a hundred yards or so. Can't miss it they have a big flag outside. He really raved about how good they were.

Can also see the Thompson rep they use Camel club as well. Enjoy.
Werner Lau have a diving centre near the beach in your hotel. It is an excellent centre, the staff very friendly and the instructors top class. It is cheaper and in my experience much more friendly than camel. They will arrange everything for you and offer all kinds of packages, and will organise a transfer for you from the hotel to the main centre in naama bay. also they have an online booking website, where you can prebook your diving and get a considerable discount...well worth it if you ask me!
Thanks for the information, although after reading how many people have had dodgy tummies at the Grand Azure, I am beginning to wonder whether I have made a mistake. I have been to Egypt about 14 times and only had one dodgy stomach so I am hoping and praying and will be watching my food very carefully
Never had any tummy problems at all and we ate in all the restaurants. Just drink lots of water during the day and we watched our food on trips away from the hotel.

The Grand Azure is a great hotel, lovely staff and fantastic pools. Have a great time.
helene

Very difficult not to get upset stomach, we were ther in July and all 4 of us had it bad, we were careful about what we ate but its difficult not to eat and drink everything. Its not just the food though so if you get it get to the chemist in the town, not across the road from the hotel unless you want to get ripped off big time, get two packets of tablets, one antiseptic and the other for cramps and take them all - if you dont it will re occur.
Thanks for all the tips, especially about the chemists!!!
the hotel looks great and the water park, well I cant wait to try it out before my kids.
Does anyone or has anyone used Mr. Diver, they are apparently a 5 star padi approved diving club and they will pick up from hotels in the area?
They seem to be quite a bit cheaper than some of the diving clubs
rememeber when diving and with most things, you pay for what you get! and this is often a problem in sharm. werner lau will also picl you up and take you to the boat, as well as returning you to the hotel at the end of the day. Enjoy!
But Weiner Lau are not a five star padi approved site. I have seen so many programmes onthe tv about dodgy diving sites in Egypt that I want to make sure and my husband says he wants a 5 star club. I just would like to know if anyone has used Mr. Diver as they have a contact office here in the UK in Kent
i can assure you that werner lau is one of the best diving centres in sharm. but do look around. the instructors are very professional and safety conscious.
From what I understand the local hotel based dive shop is Werner Lau.

I know that there is a jetty from the beach? Is Snokelling possible?

From what I can find from the internet, no diving is avaliable from the hotel (from Naama Bay only). Does the hotel not have a "house reef" that they use for Discover Scuba etc?
the site at grand azure is not really that suitable for diving. werner lau offer trials in the pool for free i think. can go with them to their centre at the grand oasis hotel in sharks bay and do house reef dives, or from naama bay or on the boats.

snorkelling is posible, but its best in the afternoons, and the curent can be quite strong so watch out for the flags on the beach. its quite a long walk down the jetty to the sea!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.