Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
My friend had to be hospitalised after a holiday to the Dominican Republic.When Salmonella was confirmed and she was discharged from hospital she was visited by an officer from the public health department,her husband contacted the local press and she received all the money it had cost her for her holiday including her husbands even though he was fine.The tour operator were Thomson.
Am so sorry to hear of your family especially the baby being ill.

Proving illness abroad can be very awkward have a word with Ros Fernihough who often assists our members on this site. She is a Travel Law lawyer and is well known to all the major tour operators. She will offer you free advice with regards to your complaint. Ros can be reached on 01922 621114

Good luck and let us know how you get on. And I hope your baby is feeling better soon.
I feel very sorry for your situation but I would have thought it would be very difficult to get any sort of refund or compensation if you didn't get a diagnosis whilst in resort and report to the rep at the time. It is simply your word that you succumbed to this illness whilst at this hotel.

Are you perhaps in contact with anyone else who was at the hotel at the time, anyone who also became ill to back up your complaint? Did you notice anything at the time, a lot of people coming down with what looked like a bug?
sorry to hear about your baby being ill :( what type of salmonella was it?
you can also get salmonella from animals such as stray dogs or cats.
i would keep on phoning mytravel and really bugging them. Why jot threaten with holidays from hell or going to the press.
I would seriously think about it if i was you! :gluck
Threats are OK providing you can prove it. The best advice has already been given and I can only repeat it

Contact Ros Fernihough who often assists our members on this site. She is a Travel Law lawyer and is well known to all the major tour operators.

She will offer you free advice with regards to your complaint. Ros can be reached on 01922 621114

You should always consider the consequences of making threats. If you cannot prove it beyond doubt then you could find it very expensive. Ros will give you FREE impartial advice.

As they say on that TV programme - The choice is yours.

fwh
I contracted Salmonella whilst in Mexico 2005 and spent months dealing with the terrible health issues this bug leaves you with and dealing with MyTravel. They did eventually give me a refund and compensation.

They are not good when it comes to customer service but keep at it and eventually you will be offered some compensation if appropriate.
Good Luck with claiming. You have my sympathies.

:(
Any news regarding your case? it would be interesting to know how far you got?
Emma76
Yes, please give us an update of what happened and especially how are you all??
It took me months to recover but I contracted a very difficult strain of Salmonella (typical). Hopefully, you are all well again.
Has this person disappeared? Please let us know the outcome or have you not taken it any further?
Would seem yet again we have someone asking for advice but lacking the ability to say thank you, or bother to update us on the outcome. Even a posting saying that it is ongoing would have been welcome.

HT exists to help others and many members give of their time for free, often spending a great deal of time researching to find a solution.

If any genuine advice seekers ever feel that nobody is helping them, then you know the reason why.

Any sympathy I may have felt for this poster has disappeared.

fwh
It does really help others if HT members can write a quick update with any problems they have had with tour operators etc.
What a shame this member hasn't let everyone know how things are progressing.
surely a PM to the original poster, with a note on the forum to say you have done this would be an easy way of gauging that posters desire to give feedback.
some members don't visit the site every day/week and so an e-mail may get a response.
Perhaps if it was an isolated case then I would agree. But it is not.

You ask for advice or help and one or more of our members endeavour to assist. Now it is good manners to say thanks and give feedback. It is not the responsibility of those who try to help to do the chasing.

There have even been occasions when members have replied and been abused because the original poster did not get the reply they wanted.

There are many postings in the other sections that ask for assistance and in most cases those who ask the question do say thank you. Why is this forum any different?

Anything I post is my own personal opinion - the same as everyone else.

fwh
Just a pause for thought. Given the circumstances of the original post and the fact that it concerned a baby, there might be other reasons why the original poster has not replied. Dare I say it, but something not altogether nice might have happened. In which case, the last thing the original poster would want to do is post a reply to the very generous advice they have been given.

Just my opinion :)
Ok everyones point of views have been taken.

Please let's just wait and see if the original member comes back to post. I dont want to lock the topic for digressing too much.

Thanks

Kath HT Admin
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.