General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
My advice would be to use Piz Buin once a day factor 30 for a while then go down to factor 15.I rarely use less than factor 30 and always get a good tan.Hubby uses factor 30 for the first week then down to factor 15.
hi

there is also Riemann P20 that is applied once a day and it does say "very water resistant" on description. I had a quick look on asda.com for prices and 100ml is £12.00 and 200ml is £20.00 this is factor 20. I have not used it personally but a family member swears by it and has never burnt.

Maybe have a look on boots. tesco, superdrug online to see if the prices are more competitive.

HTH

Lily. x :sun2
Dont normally use any sort of sun care products.

Normally I burn, peel and then go brown!!

I burn first anyway, always have done.

Please, please don't keep repeating this cycle - at worst it's a 'recipe' for inducing skin cancer, at best it's causing severe damage and premature aging to your skin. I use up to SPF50 in the height of the summer in Cuba when I often have no choice but to be walking around in the middle of the day when the sun is at its strongest and I still tan. I never use less than SPF20 even in this country. With modern creams you can still give your skin a lot of protection whilst still acquiring a tan.

SM
I've just had a week in tenerife and it was really quite hot, used superdrugs own as its 5 star uv protection and on offer, used factor 30 all week and have a lovely tan, never burnt once, wouldn't use anything below this .
I'm gonna get some Piz Buin as its BOFGOF in boots at the moment.

Does anyone know the difference between a lotion and oil which is best?

also do you think the sprays are better or the tubes?
After all the recent reports about the Asda sun lotion being voted best alongside sainsbury on those tested by which magazine I got myself a couple of bottles to try out alongside my usual Piz buin and Ambre solaire .

I'm very fair skinned so am alway loathed to try anything new in case I burn but I must say I was really impressed and it had a lovely smell . At only £3 a bottle I will certainly be stocking up on it for Mexico.
I can't post the daily mail link but this one in the sun is from the same report http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/woman/health/1218686/Sun-lotions-sold-by-High-Street-shops-like-Tesco-fail-to-provide-the-protection-levels-stated-on-bottles-says-survey.html

I also gave this a go http://www.boots.com/en/Banana-Boat-Ultra-Defense-lotion-SPF30_1121015/
It's a little oily but for a top up it was brilliant . The mist sparayed very finely with an excellent easy coverage that was great if like me you were left alone for the day & couldnt reach your back with normal lotion.

Will definately be getting more of that . I also got some of the Aloe Vera after sun but didnt need to use it this time .
Just looked at the article from the Sun, you do realise it's from the year 2008?
hmm . :think It could well of come orginally from an older report . The daily mail report is from 2009 as is the one in the independant so it's probably still doing the rounds. I was told about it only recently after one of our members here read it in a recent mazagine article so had assumed it was something new .
Have it admit I really liked it and will definately be using it again .
Which magazine also recommended both Asda and Sainsburys sun creams a couple of years ago.I've stuck with Piz Buin because it seems to suit us.
I've always liked Piz buin too . it must be something to do with the inspiration the brown bottle gives me :rofl

I got some of the once a day last year when we went to cuba . The wind was very strong there down on the beach and I needed something good because you couldnt always feel that intense sun .

The couple of tubes I got didnt last long between 6 of us so I'd recommend the bigger size as I believe I just had the small one . It was probably a little wasted on me because I was so paranoid I continued to re-apply lotion as I normally do but I would certainly use it again .
We've used it for several years now,I usually get it off e-bay ,last year I bought about 10x200ml tubes of the once a day,as we went abroad twice and youngest son went to Florida.He hardly used any as he had to wear a t-shirt whilst in the theme parks so I have enough for us to go to Spain next week,son is off to Bulgaria then I'll see if we need to buy more before Turkey.I also buy the tan accelerator for when we sunbathe in the garden.Hubby usually has a clear spray to use on his head as his hair is a bit thin.
Yes, you definitely need the larger 200ml size Lyn. I find it really good my teenagers as they forget to keep re-applying.
Piz Buin is on offer in Asda at £6. I've stocked up this afternoon. :sun2
boltonlass

Did they have the tan intensifiers at the same price do you know?
Not too sure if they had the intensifiers but I got the once a day factor 30 200ml tube for £6.
Still not sure what brand to get.

I'm away for a month. So I would prefer something water resistant and preferably something I only had to apply once a day.

Also not sure how much to buy. Last time I wore suntan lotion it was about 10 years ago in Cuba, for the life of me I can't remember what type it was.
I was looking for once a day sun tan lotion last year and the only truly once a day I found was riemanns p20 or p10. A lot of the ones that said it was once a day also said to reapply after swimming or after so many hours which I really didn't want. Going to stick with that this year too, only problem with it was that it did slightly stain your clothes but nothing too obvious.
Riemann P20 seems to meet my requirements. But from what I have read via a google search, is that I would need at least 3-4 200ml bottles for the month. And at the prices I have seen (around £15 per 200ml) not to sure I want to pay that.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.