General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
have been thinking of getting a spray tan for my hols in a couple of weeks. never had one before and was wondering if anyone on here could give me some advice. will it be ok in the heat i don't want it melting when i'm on the sunbed so i have a pool of brown water around me lol.
thanks tracey :cheers
It appears that advice on how long to spend in the sun "is worthless" because different parts of the body tan at different rates. You will be pleased to hear that bottoms take longer than other parts. Today's Guardian web page has changed its photo from the paper edition. Guess why?

Guardian HERE
plain natural yogurt spread all over let it go crusty then a cold shower /works wondersforgot to mention good for sunburn
asda have some good offers on lotions at the moment brand names aswell most half price
hi, does anyone know where i can still buy sun cream/lotion and aftersun from? Have got half we need for our holiday to Goa in december, but as we are there for 8 weeks it won't be enough. Have looked in Boots and Wilkinsons - none at all as their filling the shelves with xmas stuff now.

Please can someone help me, thanks :) :sun2
Silver Angel - I bought sun cream and aftersun in Tesco today. Most of them are half price or less :tup
I've just got back from Sainsbury's too, they have lots. :sun2
OK I have left it too late I know but I thought we had more suncream left from last year.... :whoops I usually buy it from tesco/Avon nice and cheap but cant find any anywhere now.. hardly surprising I guess as its nearly November! Any ideas where I may still get some, have looked on Ebay but its pretty slim pickings..
Poundland?
Boots have loads as it's ski time
local chemists?
Do you know an Avon rep? they might be able to get hold of some
Do you have a homebargains near you? if so I was in ours yesterday and they had loads left but I suppose it depends if other stores have it too.
Found some!! :tup My local Tesco had some in their clearance section (must have been clearing out old stock because it definately hasnt been there before and its a really small store) Anyway Ambre Solaire reduced to £3 bargain!
Just bought my suntan lotion for my next holiday, 8 bottles all brand names (l'oreal , ambre soliare, johnsons and nivea), most expensive was £1.75 a bottle all for the bargain price of £11. Tesco were having a huge clear out and coud'nt resist grabbing a bargain!! :tup
hi, thanks for the replies when i posted in september about where to get sun cream from. Guess what though - Boots have their own one Soltan now on sale and its with the insect repellant in, but even better its on buy one get one free offer too. They have factors 50, 30, 15 and 8 on sale. Funny though as it definitely wasn't there in september, maybe its for the ski season. This was last saturday and think i will get some more this weekend for our next holiday while its on offer. Off to Goa in four weeks time and only had half our supply, sorted now :)
Can i use my suntan lotion from this year next year? got loads left and its not cheap.
I think they're recommended to be at their best for 12 months after they've been opened. I keep mine for two summers but then get rid. They've always worked fine. Most have got a sumbol stating for how long they are effective after opening.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.