General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Lyn, I have seen an 'Active Spray' aerosol in Piz Buin. I haven't tried it but it is supposed to be a cooling spray

Maybe that's what is was then Lesley . Doesnt sound like it's a normal sun protection product then :que No wonder I couldnt find it .I was hoping I'd eye spied this fantastic new product whilst nosing under my sunglasses at the neighbouring sunbed occupants. I do that a lot :rofl

Think I will take a look at the all day one .

I've just ordered £43's worth of rubbish from the Avon brochure put through my door . Got carried away with matching flip flops, bag , sunglasses and kaftan . Thought i'd better not even start looking at the sun care products .

lyn
Oooh quite like the sound of the active spray now. Just read up on it and it says it is long lasting (not sure how often you would have to reapply it) Sounds like it is refreshing and non sticky. I wonder if any HT's have used it?

Wish I had known you had an order for Avon. Just been looking for a free delivery code as I don't want to spend £3.50 getting my 2 bottles of skin so soft delivered :rofl
Ooh i'm going to take another look now .Maybe we have found something new .

My order's not gone in yet Lesley if you want me to add anything or want the brochure .It has to be in by 7th June . she lives opposite me :) They are buy one get one free for £5

lyn
I've just invested in the Avon Maxi tan moisturiusing with Carotene lotion. However, there are no instructions. Can anyone explain do you use it before suncream or after and do you start using it 2 weeks before like the elemis accellerator. Thanks.
Hi babyAmy. It is a moisturiser so you can use it whenever you want. I use it everyday throughout the summer.
Hi babyamy, I tend to use it about 30 mins or so before applying suncream, just to give it time to absorb. I also use it after my evening shower. I start using it a few days before I go away and not 2 weeks as you do with the Elemis.
Just a heads up incase all boots stores are doing this but they have there soltan range all reduced in my local boots,apparently they are changing the shape of the bottles and thats why they are reduced £1.50 a bottle all factors too so bought a couple :) :sun2
My collection currently consists of Avon beta carotene and p20 and Piz Buin after sun. Is 100ml of P20 enough for a week?
What is everyone elses collection like?
Hi...

I used Elemis last year for Lanzarote... and found it brilliant.. Can anyone reccommend anything different as Elemis is rather expensive..we're off to turkey in 7wks
Im off to buy my elemis today,as you all know Im a huge fan off it, i go in 8 weeks, so my skin should be nice and prepared..I ordered a shed load of stuff from avon last wknd, I ordered the new fergie perfume as its getting rave reviews, and ofcourse my best ever Aftersun from avon.it is so cheap and does the job, I also ordered a few nail varnishes and a lippy summer colours ofcourse!! my sister orderd me the movable teddy knecklace teddy jewellery is all the rage at the mo, and its so cute, Im off to Primarni(primark) today to get my beachtowel and maybe a a couple of little sun dresses..8 wks to go..and so much to get.. :sun2
At the mo for Elemis fans there tan accelarator has sold out on qvc and there is a wait list, there are not any offers on any website for it,clearly its just too popular,so Im getting today from Harvey Nics in Manchester £19 a tube its expensive but I see it as Il only use til and on holidays.then when I run out ..thats it till next August..
Have bought a couple of the Piz Buin Active cooling sprays.. I had a little try and it comes out clear and cold. It reminds me of the Evian cooling facial sprays that used to be around. :)
Going to look into Elemis closer to the time, looks like it's got some brilliant reviews. I'm also going to get a Banana Boat aloe vera after sun, my favourite! :D
I tried the elemis accellerator but didn't use it 2 weeks before only after showering but it worked a tiny little bit on my fair skin. I also tried P20 after reading good reviews about it but it didn't work for me. I didn't like the oil consistency; I don't think it provides as much coverage as cream and doesn't soak in aswell. I burnt the worst I ever have using P20 and ended up using ambre solair factor 15. Any more suggestions for sun creams for pale skin? and also suggestions for the best cooling aftersun that will actually soothe sunburn?
Babyamy, a shower gel and after sun with aloe vera is very good to soothe sunburned skin. To stop fair skin from burning and to give you a nice tan you need quite a high spf. Don't forget that if you burn you need to drink plenty of water as well as applying after sun as it will keep your skin hydrated and help prevent it from peeling.
Although Im a huge elemis fan, I have ordered AGAIN from avon the maxi tan lotion,give it a go, although Im getting some colour noe from using elemis/sunbed... so Il give the avon maxitan a whirl..
We don't go away until 26th September. I was going to get boots own brand on BOGOF (as I like them lol) but H said to wait as they might come down in price more before we go away. Anyone have a crystal ball :rofl and know if they normally do come down more or should I just get some in now so we have them.

:cheers thanks!
jaimec
We are going away really late this year and my other half said the same as yours to wait, but I have never found any bargains buying it late, you also don't get as much choice (if you want a certain type)When I have seen it on offer I have bought it then, shop around there are always offers on in different places. I have just bought the Family pack of Boots own (2 factor 30's,1 15 and aftersun) for £11, great bargain I thought. It may be too high for you, but we are going the Carribbean, have a little boy and I burn! so we will deffo use the 30's. I also got a Piz Bruin pack in Costco that was very reasonable (1 20, 1 15 and after sun intensifer)

Babyamy
When you are fair like you and I, you basically have to resign yourself to the fact that unless you spend a month in foreign climes you are not going to come home beautifully bronzed, I usually get told I look well after my holiday! (that is the kind way of saying your'e not very brown are you?) So not worth ruining your skin, by burning it, so as Shirley says has to be high factors all the way. As for after sun, I find them all similar, if you burn no aftersun is going to stop you peeling, it may minimise it a bit and take the initial sting out of it. I quite like one with Aloe vera also, usually a gel and then put it in the fridge so you really feel the benefit!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.