General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hi OSCARBEN
I have seen a few thanks. Got 3 SPF15 tan intensifiers for £17 a few weeks ago. Also got a Piz Buin SPF6 tan intensifier for £4.99 from JT Hughes. I am going to try Home Bargains next lol.
I have also bought the pizbuin sunbands , not as delicate as i imagined but will give them a try . theu had the piz buin bands in a choice of brown , gold , silver and a orange colour obviously for the different factors ...i also bought a ROC sunband ............. i am not definate on it , but i think they also had the maui babe (or something that looked very similar ) creams in poundland .
Oh gosh i didn't think that , i really thought they would have had different acolours for the different factors ............. how silly am i :duh
just bben to my local pound shop , and its not maui babe sun screens they had it was malibu babe .....close
:tup
200ml piz buin at B&M £5.99 once a day factor 30. brill buy only brought 4 so saved you all some :D

pip
x
Brilliant price,Pip,I thought I had a bargain,got 3x200 ml once day f30 for £5.00 each off ebay but had to pay £6.00 postage,you beat my price,well done!!! T.
One bit of advice I've found useful is to buy your preferred after sun on the high street, but get the sun lotion airside so as to keep case weights down. Reason to split up is my wife prefers Piz Buin after sun, but any good lotion is acceptable. Last year we bought Boots own brand and it was excellent!!
I would do it the other way round as I much prefer piz buin sun lotion but will use any after sun,have already got some piz buin and avon aftersun,T.
Hi

I have googled suncreams and most sites have reviews from Which? recommending ASDA and Sainsburys instead of the more expensive ones.

Is this true or is it best to go with a brandname such as Nivea?

:sun2
I don't think it necessarily follows that if you pay more for a well known brand that the cream you are buying is any better than a supermarket own brand. After all, it's like with any other own brand product, they are quite often manufactured by the same people that manufacture for the well known brands. It's just that they are packaged according to the supermarkets instructions.
Its just you NEVER see people with supermarket brands on holiday hehe

:sun2
I read that report last year and was tempted to give it a try but old habits prevailed and I bought my favourite,piz buin off e-bay,only use factor 30 once a day most of the time abroad but buy the tan maximiser for in the garden.Got loads ready for this year and only paid a little compared to shop prices,T.
There was an article in the newspaper a couple of years ago regarding supermarket suncreams versus nivea, piz buin Ambre Solare etc.Supermarket own brands came out tops reason being (according to the paper) the spf factor stated on there own brands where correct where as the major brands when tested gave a lower spf factor the stated,how true that is I dont know but I use supermarket own now! boots soltan got good ratings as well which I also use now and find fab.
Bought some Malibu new aerosol dry oil spray today factor 15 £2.79 from home bargains,looked it up on google and it's £9.99 so a bargain I think ;)
CRICKETWATCHER and boots - thanks for the reply :-)
I'm thinking of getting the P20 suntan lotion for my holiday this year. Can anyone tell me if they've used this before how much they needed for a 2 week stay? I really like the idea of not having to reapply and just forgetting about it once it's on. I read the box and with the amount that they suggested I would have needed about 3 x 200ml bottles for 2 weeks, but my sister has said that for our last holiday she used 1 bottle and still had some left over. She is very fair and didn't burn even though she was way under the recommended amount. I don't really want to spend £60 on suntan lotion so will rethink if I'd need that much!

Thanks
Rachel x
A friend and I were talking about sun lotions last night,she bought p20 last year and said unless she waited 20 mins before getting dressed it stained her clothes,this year she is going to buy the cream I always buy,piz buin once a day,since using this we have never burnt,but I usually reapply during the day as we use the pool a lot.I usually just buy factor 30,we have 3 tubes each for our 2 week holiday to Turkey,I think that will be enough,bogof at most pharmacies.T.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.