General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hi, if you are staying on the northern coast eg Havana, Varadero, Holguin then expect similar levels of humidity as in Florida at this time of year. If you are going to the south coast eg around Santiago then expect higher levels of humidity. I can't imagine any time of year when you would need a cardigan in the evening - it stays pretty warm round the clock. My Cuban spanish conversation teacher once remarked that, unlike in Santiago, it did sometimes get cold in Havana in the winter and people did need to put on a woolly jumper. This was on the basis that sometimes it got as COLD as 23/23C there - and she was confused by my attempt to explain in Spanish that sometimes in Scotland in the summer it got as HOT as 22/23C. In the end having tried to correct my Spanish and me keeping repeating myself, she asked me in English did I really mean to say that in Scotland the summer temperatures were that low? I'm still not sure whether she really believed me or not :D

SM
Thanks Sma, we're going to Holguin so I guess I won't be needing my woolies then! I've never been abroad in winter before so packing summer clothes this time of year seems weird to me. Gosh if only our winters were as cold as 22/23C! :yikes
I must admit now I am getting older early 30's I am more concerned about aging but still want to get a colour. Can anyone recommend any good sun lotions? I am blonde and fair.
afternoon!!

Can anyone reccommend a good tanning cream, i used Elemis tan accelerator last year and it did the job brilliantly, BUT its a tad expensive... I tan easily anyway, and was looking for recomendations for creams.. We go to Turkey July for 2 weeks, so i think it maybe a tad hot anyway!!
Hi, our home bargains has piz buin tan maximisor in different spf's for only £3.99 !!! bargain ! i've used this before and liked it . :tup
We haven't got homebargains in Norwich,I bought some from Avon and will probably get more from e-bay if the price is good,Savers had some last year,will look there too,T.
I'm off to Egypt on the 1st March and not sure which factor to bring with me. Don't want to burn but still want a nice come back a nice brown.

Going from weatheronline.co.uk they advise
The average daily maximum temperature was between 24°C and 29°C. At night it cooled down to temperatures between 15°C and 19°C.

I'm thinking 15 to 20? Any advise would be gratefully appreciated
I got 6x factor 30 once a day from e-bay for just over £26 icluding postage,the lower factors were even cheaper,I'll probably get factor 15 too.We'll be all set for our holidays this year,then.T.
mhorton, it depends on your skin type and how easily you tan/burn........

i would have thourght a 15/20 would be high enough, if you tan nicely
I 100% swear by Ultrasun. It lets you tan without burning and even my baby son hasn't never gone the slightest bit red when using it. It s a once a day one. The factors range from 20 to 50, including one for your face. I use the face one as a moisturiser even now. Would never use anything else. I'm also 30 and am starting to think about preserving my skin! Try ifsogo, they are usually the cheapest.

hth

Lisa
Off to fueteventura in mid may. I am quite pale skinned but do tan. Is there any prep I can start doin now? Ie moisterise more or anythin. Just wanna try get best tan can as only goin for a week. Thanks for any replies and enjoy any future hols you have planned.
wherenext, exfoliate like mad before you go !! after covering up for all these winter months and the drying effects of central heating, we all got a shed load of old , dry skin on us, so grab yourself some shower gel with exfoliating bits in, or body scrub, and go for it ! nice new skin to tan, but always use a high factor sun lotion, you'll still get a great tan without burning.
also, a tan accelorent you can put on for the 2 weeks prior to your hols ( meant to encourage bringing your natural melanin into working order) may help.
have fun :tup
juby
thanks for that juby 5. someone in work said to make sure im well hydrated to as this will help when out there. off for shop tomo so will stock up on exfoliator.
Hi everyone

I have just ordered some Avon Bronze Moisturising Beta Carotene Lotion as its on for £3 and have used the code FREEBIE for free delivery. I tried to get some last year after reading this thread but was too late. Can anyone who bought Beta Carotene last year to use to help you tan better advise me have I bought the right stuff. Is the word "Bronze" just the make as its not supposed to have any false tan in it.

Thanks
The "Bronze" name is just the brand name that Avon put all their suncare under :tup

I used the carotene lotion in October.....having used the Elemis previously and actually prefered the Avon lotion, cheaper and went further
Miss_Chief1 wrote:
The "Bronze" name is just the brand name that Avon put all their suncare under :tup

I used the carotene lotion in October.....having used the Elemis previously and actually prefered the Avon lotion, cheaper and went further

Thanks
I use Avon's beta carotene lotion as well. I first used it for my holiday in June last year and carried on using it after we came back during our "summer". It did keep my skin looking tanned for much longer so I was well impressed and it smells lovely - reminds me of holidays ;) .

I ordered 3 more bottles last year and have them ready for action as soon as the sun starts shining again here. Would definately recommend it.

One word of warning though it does stain certain fabrics so be sure to use it carefully. There was a discussion about it on another thread back in the summer.
I'm going to try the Avon Beta Carotene this year, a lot of people last year reckoned it was as good if not better than the Elemis. It's on offer at the moment only £3 a bottle.

Denny
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.