General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I usually start about 10 days before as I find it too expensive to start any earlier.
shirley h wrote:
I usually start about 10 days before as I find it too expensive to start any earlier.

Thanks this is the first I will be trying it.

Lets see if I think it makes any difference
Has anyone tried and used the Piz Buin dry oil spray. It didn't have a factor on the bottle so was a bit wary of buying it , a lady asked my hubby to pass her one from the shelf , she was going to give it a try .
Hi Lindy
I've got a dry oil spray. Just been to Lanzarote and used it for a couple of days when it was a bit cloudy. Didn't burn as often happens in Lanza even when cloudy (lots of red people the following day). Haven't tried it on a really sunny day though.
Thanks for the reply ..hopefully it will be very sunny in Crete when we go in August , thats why i am asking now as i dont want to burn , will be taking other creams with us .
I start using it 6 weeks before I go..it is expensive but it is a miracle product, and I wont be without it...
denny I might try that avon caratone stuff ..il order some a few months before I go..
I'veheard you can buy some tables from holland and barrat which stop you burning and help you tan? anyone tried them?
They used to do Tanning Tablets which might or might not help you tan but I certainly don't think there is anything you can take that will stop you burning.
does anyone know where you can buy the elemis tan accelerator? I'd prefer not to buy it online if I can help it
John Lewis, Harvey Nicks & Debenhams sell Elemis, it's £19 for 125ml. But the best deals are online for sure, QVC are doing 2 x 125ml for £28.50 :tup
i wonder if elemis will do the 2 for 1 offer they did last year?
Just back from mexico,best tan ever, thanks i'm sure ,to piz buin factor 30 with tan accelorator, never burnt, and it was hot, hot,hot !!!
gotit from our home bargains, £3.99 :tup
Hi Lindy

We usually use the dry oil spray on our second week once we have a tan with amazing results. The spray is also quite cooling so you will use more depending on how hot it is :D . We usually holiday in the carribean. :sun2

Can you tell me where you got it as it is very hard to find now for the simple reason it is only a factor 2. (used to tell you this in the small writing on the back?).

Joyce
Can you tell me where you got it as it is very hard to find now for the simple reason it is only a factor 2.

Heavens! Given that the general advice now is to never, ever use anything less than SPF15, I didn't think that anybody was still making anything this low, let alone using it! Even if you've got a good tan and/or have the sort of skin that doesn't burn, those pesky rays are still going to do all sorts of damage to skin with such a low level of protection. I have a very sallow/olive skin that always tanned easily and didn't burn and used to use very low SPF lotions or even Hawaian Tropic coconut oil which contained none at all in my youth but I can assure you that I'm regretting it now. I now spend a fortune on creams that are supposed to diminish the 'age spots' and uneven skin tones on my face and elsewhere but I'm losing the battle. If only I knew then what I know now I would never have exposed and abused my skin in the way that I did in my teens and twenties especially since I still tan even when using SPF25 at the very least now.

SM
Completely agree SMa, as I said, we just had 2 weeks in mexico and used factor 30 all that time, stayed in the shade a few days too, never burnt, and have a really crackin tan. I never changed colour till the last 3 days or so ( noticably) but I reckon this colour may stay for our lovely warm summer we got coming ...................................................... :que
Exactly, Juby, I even used SPF50 when out and about last July in Cuba during the day in an attempt to avoid 'T' shirt arms and two tone legs (tanned knees and lower legs and paler thighs above where the bermuda shorts finish!) etc but still ended up tanned despite that. When actually lying around on the sunbed on 'rest days' I still used SPF35 and came home with a good tan even so. I'm not sure where people get the idea that they won't tan if they use a high factor - in my experience you still do.

SM
have used P20 for the last 6/7 years with no problems.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.