Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
jacky wrote:
Watch the recriminations...they should dismantle NATS and put them on the dole!

What makes you say that? NATS control UK airspace and ensure the smooth passage of aircraft in to and out of UK airspace. Without NATS, no aircraft could safely navigate or transit through it. It's a technical and highly skilled role. Bear in mind the decision to close UK airspace was on the basis of known information and information provided by the Met Office and other key organisations. To suggest they are put on the dole is a little nieve.

Darren
greenshoes,

FR is the Code For Ryanair (IATA Code)

Gower
  • Edited by GowerL7 2010-04-20 21:19:05
greenshoes wrote:
who is FR?

FR is the IATA code for Ryanair. The ICAO code is RYR.

EDIT: You beat me by 10 seconds Gower!

Darren
I see!

I always thought Ryan Air would do anything not to ground their fleet.....
Thanks for the flightradar24 link. I am completely and utterly hooked on this site now and find it totally fascinating. I even went without my healthy 20 minute walk tonight (despite the fact it is freezing cold, snowing and hailstones in Aberdeen today and yesterday) and spent the time addicted the the flight radar!!
Thanks for that info, I notice on the web our flight is already being resold, how can this happen? we will have to pay to transfer our return flight also
highfieldc,

You need to be speaking to Ryanair really over your options.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
jacky wrote:
Watch the recriminations...they should dismantle NATS and put them on the dole!

What makes you say that? NATS control UK airspace and ensure the smooth passage of aircraft in to and out of UK airspace. Without NATS, no aircraft could safely navigate or transit through it. It's a technical and highly skilled role. Bear in mind the decision to close UK airspace was on the basis of known information and information provided by the Met Office and other key organisations. To suggest they are put on the dole is a little nieve.

Darren

OK I shall add the MET...the ones who are always wrong. I am not exactly alone in what I say...seen the news :wave:
Typical Ryanair suppose he trying to make some money back. Still unfair :( 28 hens all gutted!!!!
Loving the flight radar... bang goes my early night haha
I too am hooked by that site.
The poor passengers on the BA Calgary to Heathrow flight have really been on a magical mystery tour. :rofl
Hi chelle_375
Ryanair are saying on there site flights from uk cancelled untill Thur22nd is this still the case we are due to fly that morning many thanks
According to NATS update at 2300 on 20 April there is still an area over the north west of Scotland which continues to be affected by a dense concentration of volcanic ash and has not re-opened yet.

luci :wave
I dont think its fair to suggest NATS/the met office should be sacked. The existing advice was to avoid flying through any volcanic ash. Now they have had time to do tests and reassess the effects they have been able to relax the rules but they HAD to err on the side of caution initially.

My understanding is that if your flight today/next few days had already been cancelled then you have to buy another ticket and be refunded later but if it hadn't yet been cancelled then the existing ticket is still ok, is that right does anyone know?
Shorty

Thats what happened to me, my original flight was for today Leeds/Malaga with Jet2 they cancelled a couple of days ago so rebooked with Easyjet Manchester/Malaga Thursday. Full refund from Jet2 including return flight.
Looking OK so far for Thursday flight.

Ed
Anybody know if any flights have come in from Florida or Dubai yet? Awaiting the return of 2 works colleagues. Haven't heard from one (deputy head) since she went away :duh
hayes37;

Yes we were all told last night to only report for duty if our flights are expected to depart after 1300 on thursday.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.