Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Willie Walsh for PM ........ taking on the Unions and and Lord Adonis he would get my vote.

Lets hope all goes safely and people get home and away on their Holidays ok.

Bottle of wine for me tonight and Malaga on Thursday, life has just got better.

Ed
Ditto Edwin....bottle of wine to celebrate my sister getting home from Malaysia and me going to Cyprus on Sunday!
Edwin, I don't wish to get between you and your Daily Mail but have you considered that Andrew Adonis has had Willie Walsh sign away his life if anything goes wrong with these flights now entering UK airspace? No messing about, no blaming government - CEO of company pleads guilty to corporate manslaughter?

And it's a bit iffy whether holiday flights to Malaga will be back on schedule by Thursday, especially as they were also discussing the Civil Contingencies Act, which gives the government the power to commandeer civil aircraft and send them to where they want.
It was on our local news over 12 diverted flights are due to land at Newcastle this evening.
Some appear to be going around in circles on Flightradar24!
Jay Trip wrote:
Some appear to be going around in circles on Flightradar24!

They'll be holding until the airspace south to Heathrow opens in 35 minutes. No point landing in Newcastle this close to the re-opening then having to reposition the aircraft, and their passengers.

Darren
Ive got a new site i love :) http://www.flightradar24.com hubby says im sad as i dont know what everything means :rofl some of the planes tell you where they are from and going to and some dont :( there are 3 or 4 thomas cook ones heading to the uk :) is there any sites i can go on to check the flight number and see where they have come from???

The BA one has just turned around it was heading to Heathrow dont know where its going now.
liana,

There is, but it's normally restricted information. I feed in to some of the systems using SBS-1 (where the information on flight radar comes from) so have access to the information. However the collation and transmission of such information isn't strictly legal in the UK. Airport websites are the best way cross reference information. The TCX flights were inbout to Scotland and Newcastle, however they're likely to head for Manchester or Gatwick now it'll be open from 2200.

Darren
Darren do you know if Heathrow is staying open tomorrow?
Sorry if it seems a daft question but my daughter and her family have been stranded in Singapore for 5 days and are desperate to get home.
Anywhere in Europe will do but SIA dont seem to be as helpful as the British airlines.
Jay Trip,

Current information suggest UK airports will remain open unless there is an increase in volcanic activity likely to cause ash concentrations in excess of new regulatory limits.

Darren
Thanks Darren

Just was intrested do you know where the thomas cook planes are coming from? they are folliowing each other tcx901L, tcx710L and tcx933L.

One more question we were due to fly to turkey today from EMA at 3.30pm with thomson do you know where that plane is at the moment ??
Thanks Darren,I hope they managed to get back to at least Europe.
This shows where some of them have taken off from and where they are going:

http://www.radarvirtuel.com/

The one closest to Heathrow has come from Vancouver
liana,

TCX901L is inbound to LGW from Heraklion, Crete
TCX933L is inbound to LGW from Heraklion, Crete
TCX710L is inbound to LGW from Dalaman, Turkey

I don't have a clue where your aircraft is at the moment! It's either on the ground at EMA, or could be anywhere in europe having been grounded for the last few days. Schedules are going to be jumbled for the next week or two while airlines catch up and aircraft reposition. They're all the same inside so it makes little difference!

Darren
Thank you so much can you find the plane i was supposed to be on :( i cannot remember flight number its thomson EMA to Antalya 15.30.
liana,

You beat me to it, see above!

Darren
Ryanair have already cancelled flights until 1pm Thursday we were due to fly out at 11.45, does anyone know if these could be reinstated or the cancellations will stay in place..... :que
Cheers just wondered really if it was in the uk EMA was on the news the other day and no Thomson planes were in. Thanks again x
liana

flight numbers - dead simply (sometimes)!

in flightradar24 click a yellow plane once and it goes red. Then click the green + at the top right. For most flights it tells you flight number and airports etc. Some on the fringes of reception don't work and some may not have set it up.

Ah, see your problem! TCX appear not to add details!
BA flight from vancouver to heathrow has landed! Bet it was all for nothing :que Watch the recriminations...they should dismantle NATS and put them on the dole!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.