Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
SM

As i said, when Willie was in the COBRA meeting I don't think he was laying the law down with the government. I suspect he will be a nervous wreck over the next few weeks until the ash clears! And last nights arrival from Calagary came over my house 3 times whilst they were waiting to appraoch London!!!
My son will be relieved. He and his fiancée are due to fly with Ryanair from Bristol to Dublin at 08.00 hrs on Friday morning but up until midday today, the Ryanair website was saying all flights between the UK and Ireland up to 13.00 hrs Friday had been cancelled so that they could redeploy the planes to help clear the backlog. They have just updated the website to say the flights will now resume as normal from 05.00 hrs Friday. Looks like they have been lucky. Phew! :tup
And my two are airburne and on the way back ........ suspect that holding my breath for five and a half hours a bit unfeasible, but will probably spend too long this evening watching the radar sites for them to pop up somewhere en route......

any ideas HRG-Man routing ????
TAH-M wrote:
any ideas HRG-Man routing ????

It would normally be pretty much a north-westerly track from HRG: through Egypt to the Med coast, over Crete to Athens, Croatia, northern tip of Italy over the Alps, Austria, Germany, Belgium, across the channel then up the eastern side of England then in to Manchester. That's assuming a normal routing.

Darren
one of the normal routs would be.. out over med , passing east of Crete continuing north west , passing over [or close to Athens] across Greece, up the Adriatic coast passing to the west of Bosnia etc, clipping the eastern edge of Italy the bottom of Austria, then on over Germany and Belgium, over the north sea crossing the English coast around Ipswich

wiz
My daughter is still stranded in Singapore despite 3 A380s coming to Heathrow today!
They queued for 6 hours at the airline office only to be told to go away as they didnt know when the would get a flight home.
The people who have booked these flights have priority as they have a contract with the airlines.This is what my daughter was told!
The airline isnt taking new bookings until May2nd so they should be home some time before then.
They have had to buy clothes as their luggage is in storage due to them being transit passengers through Singapore.
They have 3 children with them but that is not a priority according to Singapore airlines!
At least Thomson and Thomas Cook are doing their best to get people home.
Darren/Wizard- both tripping over yourselves to be helpful as ever......

watching out on RadarVirtual - but nothing to the south of Crete at current time. You'll hear the cheer when I track it!!!!!!
there doesn't seem to be many receiving stations around Greece and Cyprus, you probably wont pick them up till they are passing between Croatia and Italy
they WERE west of Greece at 34,0000ft - heading up to a point mid-way in the arch of Italy's boot - flight no was correct but said from Sharm rather than HRG. Has however now disappeared off screen (G-OOOBE)
Ch Five (UK) tonight at 10 pm "Volcanic Ash:Flight of Terror - All about the BA747 which flew into the volcanic ash cloud some time ago causing the caution over this times eruption"
Nice measured approach from Channel 5 as usual! Willie Walsh will do his nut!
AskCy wrote:
Ch Five (UK) tonight at 10 pm "Volcanic Ash:Flight of Terror - All about the BA747 which flew into the volcanic ash cloud some time ago causing the caution over this times eruption"

Wonder if it will point out it was a 100 miles from the site whilst the UK is 1200 miles from the present one :D
easyJet are providing the following extra flights on Thursday 22nd April:-

Malaga to Gatwick EZY 8560 10.50 - 12.40

Malaga to Stansted EZY 3144 11.10 - 13.00

Malaga to Liverpool EZY 7182 16.30 - 18.20

Alicante to Stansted EZY 3174 17.50 - 19.25

Madeira to Gatwick EZY 8939 15.50 - 19.20

Madeira to Stansted EZY 3268 10.55 - 14.45

Malta to Gatwick EZY 8826 20.40 - 22.55

AM.
The C5 programme about the BA flight in 1982 is probably the same one that has been shown several times on the National Geographic channel this past week.
That must also be the picture that was plastered across the front of the Daily Star, which gave the impression that it had just happened when flights started again - very poor way to put fear in to people.
Yup I posted about it earlier, disgraceful!

I got a text from Jet2 today confirming I'm to check in as normal on Sunday for my flight to Lanzarote so I am having a wee drink to celebrate :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.