General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Ive got Shantaram and Lives of the Indian Princes ...havent decided on which 10 others to take yet :sun2 ...Liz
I will have a look in second hand book shops nearer the time :cheers
:wave: hi all,

i always take a book, waste of space, i always end up people watching instead of reading.

regards. percy123 :que
No Time for Goodbye by Linwood Barclay - fantastic read with a real twist in the tale/
I've read far too many good books to remember my favourite reads. I love Cathy Kelly and Maeve Binchy. Binchy's latest hardback is a really good read. I can also recommend any of Debbie Mcomber's books for light holiday reading, but especially the series on a particular cove :duh I've actually forgotten the name of the cove, sorry. Anyway the books are easy to spot as the titles are all addresses e.g. 33. lighthouse cove etc
Hope I am not breaking any forum rules but there is a great free site where you can swap books.Just register,list your books and all you pay is postage if someone likes a book you have.

http://www.readitswapit.co.uk/

Papa
helen t - i've read this book ,i thought it was great first i've read by that authour.usually read john grisham,lee childs,harlen coben,patricia cornwell et all !
Bushbaby - 1st time for me to read this author as well. I'll certainly be keeping an eye out for any others by him. Shirley h - its The Cedar Cove series - great holiday read.
well im very sad cos i read the westlife autobiography and also a tess gerritson book called the bone garden and they were both great.......and then even better i found the heath ledger biography at the hotel so read that too....lol

angie xx
I usually buy a paper every day on holiday, but at €2+ a day, with the current exchange rate, I'm going to have to re-think that one :-? Hopefully I'll be able to scrounge a secondhand paper here and there, in exchange for my Heat magazine (which I absolutely cannot live without...)
Went into The Works the other day for a look at their 3 paperbacks for £5. Managed to pick up The Devil Wears Prada/Everyone Worth Knowing (2 books in 1), Keeping It Real (Jodie Marsh's autobiography), and another book - The History of Lucy's Love Life in 10½ Chapters by Deborah Wright. They should keep me quiet for two weeks :-D
i read mark frith - celeb diaries , private dancer by stephen leather ( a cracking read about the scams in thailand where bargirls extract as much money as possible out of gullible men) and a true story of Tracy Andrews who murdered her boyfriend , then pretended it was a roadrage attack. I read these 3 in Goa recently.
All were very enjoyable.
I am now on the lookout for books for my next holiday,I would like to read Shantaram , Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert, and the new one by Adele Parks titled Tell me Something.
I've read A Thousand Splendid Suns and The Kite Runner, wondeful books, didn't want them to end. I'm struggling to find a good read at the moment.

Sarah
The Kite Runner- brilliant book.
Also recently read The boy in the striped pyjamas- also brilliant. Those are two where I could never watch the movie of- as I don't think a move could convey the story as well as the book. Am about to read A Thousand Splendid Suns( Hosseini's second novel).
Am in the middle of Stuart McBrides Flesh House- murder in Aberdeen, says it all really :rofl
I'm in the middle of A Thousand Splendid suns now, & am thoroughly enjoying it. It's a perfect holiday read as its a book you can pick up & put down without losing the thread. Can you tell me what Shantaram is about please, as I've never heard of it?
If you all liked a thousand splendid suns and the kite runner I am sure you would love The Time Travellers Wife.Very different but completely riveting.A love story as well and as a man did not think it was going to be my cup of tea at all.Brilliant

Papa
I was going to keep "the Pillars of the Earth" by Ken Follett for my hols but now I've started it I can't put it down
Just ordered 3 Tess Gerritsen books from the book people for £4.99. Anyone who likes Patricia Cornwell will like TGs books as well- medical/forensic murder, mystery type books, but not too heavy. My 'book reading' holiday isn't until August so plenty time to pick up the other 10 or so I will need for the fortnight!!

Pam :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.