Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
flying to palma with jet2 and it says you can check in online, if we do this does this mean we dont have to be at the airport 2 hours before and what do we do with our bags. We go from newcastle. also can you check in to come back as well before u go.Thanks Diane.
If checked on line you still go to the checkin area, there will be a bag drop/web checkin counter, just show your boarding cards/passports your baggage is tagged and away you go.

Remember to still leave plenty of time for security especially at peak periods.

Dave
Hi, we go next Friday and I have just decided to check in on line. I have just had a look and it gives you the option of which names to check in. My name was checked but when i went to put a check at the side of my partners name, it unchecked mine. Also, how do you go on if you have already booked your seats, does it give an option to type in the seat number. AND how much is it to check in on line. These may seem like really obvious questions but to me they're queries.

Please help anyone, thanks in advance.
Linsi
linsi,

Online check-in is free (it saves Jet2 money!). If you've already chosen your seats, they'll be shown on your booking information and you'll be allocated the seats you've chosen. I can't answer the question of why the box was unchecked, just try again and see what happens.

Darren
Cheers Darren,
Will give it another go. I just wondered if you had to go into the online check in twice (once for each person). If i do it wrong, and nothing happens, it will just mean that we have to check in as normal at the airport, is that correct Darren?

I will give it a go later this afternoon and let you know how i get on.

Linsi
linsi,

If it doesn't work or there's a problem, just check-in as normal on the day.

Darren
You are so helpful,

And i love your photos.
Linsi
Me again, you are all going to think i am so dim, but the online checkin is now asking me to fill in passport number etc if travelling to Spain including Canaries. Does this include the Balearics (am off to Menorca) and before you give up on me altogether i know this usually comes under Spain, but it does usually say Spain, including Canaries and Balearics.

I await responses ta.

PS.Good job i started doing this now, might just get it done for 27th.
Linsi
linsi,

Yes, it's part of the Advanced Passenger Information requirements and is perfectly normal.

Darren
hi asked question earlier but didnt get a full reply when u check in online do you do the return check in as well and also do u still have to be at airport 2 hours before. Never done this before. Diane,
di39,

You can't check-in for your return flight until the outbound flight has been completed. You don't need to be at the airport 2 hours beforehand since you've already checked in and can proceed straight through to departures. However, if you have luggage to drop off, this can take a little time depending on the queue and depending on the airport and time of day, it can take a while to get through security so I'd still get there nice and early to be on the safe side. When I flew with Jet2 from Blackpool using online checkin (I always use it when available), I was there 35 mins before the flight was due to leave because I only had hand luggage and BLK isn't exactly a busy airport. It was no more than 5 minutes from car park to aircraft :tup For more information on check-in, refer to Jet2's website.

Darren
You are a great GUY and give so much time and effort to help all of us with our queries. I am sure that like me everyone not only grateful but admire you your knowledge on any subject we throw at you.

You deserve a HOLIDAY TRUTH medal!

Sue
Thanks for that darren, I might not bother with the online check in and just go as normal. diane.
Check in opened at Newcastle 3 hours before the flight - for the return flight from Palma (using check in desks 14, 15 & 16 (17 was for the on-line check in bag drop) which was at the far left hand side of the departure hall where the Jet2 desk is, you were only allowed to check-in 2 hours before UNLESS you were a Jet2Plus passenger but there was a huge queue which we joined thinking we'd be at the front by the 2 hour point and we were right.

Flight out was okay - half an hour delay but turbulance was horrific and eldest son is traumatised. We were trying to make a joke of it but he was in a right state! Return flight we were caught up in the French Air Traffic Control strike (grrrr) and were an hour late leaving but made up half an hour - mind, it cost like as they didn't put the aircon and as we were stuffed full with hens and stags giving off horrible alcohol fumes I couldn't wait to get off the plane and get some fresh air.

Newcastle's security is a total farce and Palma's wasn't much better!
Hi

This may seem a bit silly, but I presume if you use the fast bag drop (at Manchester Airport), your bags are weighed just as if you had checked in normally?

Thanks

Jackie
Hi Jackie.

Yes, bags get weighed as normal, unfortunately. Last time we flew Jet2, we did online checkin. When we went to the bag drop, we were 5kg in total over allowance. So it cost us £30 in excess charges. Since our total fare was only £300, that was like a 10% surcharge. We have now invested in luggage scales to prevent future embarrassment.
Thanks eviljock

We've been caught out twice now with excess luggage - I suppose I was hoping using this sytem might just sneak through with baggage ;)

Jackie
To Darren and Di

Just to confirm you can check in on-line for both Outbound and Inbound travel before you go.

Just returned from Faro yesterday the queues at check-in were around 30 mts. The desk for people who were checked in On-Line was empty. Highly recommend doing this before you go.

Regards

emeritus
To Holidayboy,

Agree with last person who posted, but I think that Jet2 have only added the "Reprint Boarding Pass" button only recently. Just as well they did though!

ccmc
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.