Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Thanks Prettypollycat. Myself and Kiltman (Graham) have joined the team, details here.

Darren
just trying to find out the excess baggage charges (per kilo) on Thomas Cook flights from Sanford to Manchester
highflyer,

Refer to my post at the top of the page and our Thomas Cook Airlines thread. You can pre-book excess baggage if you need it. It's a cheaper option than paying on the day. More details on TCX's website.

Darren
just to let you know.....a few weeks ago i asked on here for some help with working out how much suitcase luggage we were allowed....tickets said 25kg, but first choice had told us 2 different things....

what ever the amount is on your ticket, thats the weight you are allowed in your suitcase....thats what the airport check in lady said.....we had 25kg on our ticket so would have been allowed that weight...not that we used it.....but it was nice to have anyway :rofl
Hi,

We are flying for the first time in Sept with BMIBaby to Spain. As it is a "ticketless" airline, I have no idea what our luggage allowance is as it would normally be on our tickets.

Can anyone help with this please?

Thanks in advance.

Katie :-)
Elvischeeseburger,

Refer to your post on the BMI - BMI BABY - BRITISH MIDLAND .. Q&As ..please post here thread. Please only post on one of the threads to avoid duplication.

Darren
just thought I`d warn the shopaholics out there about excess baggage charges on Thomas Cook flights from Sanford (and other U.S. locations)back to the UK.
If you don`t prebook excess baggage before the return flight to the UK, Thomas Cook Airlines will more than likely whack you with a charge of $22 PER KILO. This charge is much higher than any other long haul destination operated by Thomas Cook(TC say long haul = 7.5 hours or more).
As I understand it, you can`t pre-book excess baggage allowance less than three days before departure and, as no-one probably packs for the return journey until the day before what do you do? Do you play safe, pre-book and maybe check-in with underweight baggage or just turn up and get hit by the high charges? Either way they`ve got you where it hurts - in the wallet!.
Morning all,
Am i correct in thinking there is a max weight for a single case?
Im sure it was 32kg but think it was reduced ?????
Thanks in advance x
kat225club,

It varies depending on the airline you are travelling with. You'll need to check with them. Some airlines limit weights to 23kg, some it's 30kg and some 32kg.

Darren
:cheers for that. I was asking for a friend as they are flying with a low coat airline and just wanted to check one bag in but i was worried about the weight restriction for her as she pressumed they could take 40kg :yikes
Thanks again x
She will also need to be aware of her free baggage allowance or allowance within the baggage that she has booked as she will be charged excess baggage for any weight over that.

Most airline's I've seen have a maximum of 32kgs, but as Dazbo said she will need to check with the airline she is travelling with.

luci :wave
Hi
Can i just check something with you please,
We are going to Dom Rep on October 11th (Surprise hoilday for hubbys 50th) from Gatwick flying with Thomas Cook. and the night before in hilton hotel
I collected the tickets last week from TA and she went through everything with me explaining as we were in Premium we had 30kg hold luggage allowance + 5kg hand luggage allowance each, but no hold bag was allowed to be over 23KG, i have looked on the TC website and it states

I am a little confused now with the weight as i dont want to loose out on 7kg if i dont have to.
My husband thinks i am just dropping him and his brother off at the airport and returning home but me and my S I L are also booked into the hotel.
me and my Sister In Law really only want to take one suitcase each as we are having them delivered to the hotel the day before by courier (although not a cheap option) it keeps our secret even more secret as my husband thinks he is going away with his brother for a few days and no way suspects we are going to the carribean.
Sorry if this is a bit long and hope it makes sense.
Thanks Lyn
lynsgotasecret,

I suspect your travel agent may have got confused with Thomson Airways luggage restrictions that are a maximum of 23kg. Thomas Cook allow a maximum of 30kg. You can pool luggage allowance between passengers on the same booking if needed.

Darren
Thanks Darren for the super quick reply

That takes a load off my mind i can pack till my hearts content LOL

You all do a fantastic job on this forum well done :clap :cheers

Thanks Agian
Lyn
lynsgotasecret,

:offtop It's Great To Hear You Have Such Exciting Plans That Have Quite Clearly Been Well Thought Out By Yourself.
Darren Has Cleared Up The Luggage Situation For You So You Should Be Able To Enjoy Your Trip On Thomas Cooks Airbus A330.

As Always, We Would Love To Hear About How The Trip Went On Your Return

Gower
Thanks Gower

I will be sure to let you know how we got on and what his reaction was. :rofl

Lyn
I'm getting really confused after reading through this thread, I fly to Egypt this monday with Monarch, the tickets states 20KG baggage allowance, on the back of the ticket it says no more than 5KG for hand luggage.

Can someone please tell me ASAP does that mean I get 20KG hold luggage and 5KG hand luggage or does it mean 15KG hold and 5KG hand luggage = 20KG.

thank you.
Mi$$y,

Every airline has different baggage regulations, and variations based on travel class and who you booked with. Are you on a charter (MON) or scheduled (ZB) flights, and did you book as a package? Monarchs luggage regulations are on their website. Asuming you're on a charter / package deal, luggage allowance is normally 20kg including hand luggage, ie 15kg hold and 5kg hand.

Darren
Thank you for replying so quick Darren

Yes it was booked as a package and its a charter flight

On the tickets why don't they state its 15Kg hold and 5KG hand luggage?.

I've already packed my suitcase and it came up to 18KG, so I guess I'll have to go through it again.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.