Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Tee hee Sandra - you have it sussed. I always sneak those last minute bits and bobs into hubbies bag. He never notices. I'm lucky with him though all he wants on his hols are a couple of shirts, shorts and swimming stuff. He says he has to dress up for work and he isn't going to do it on hols.
jmk ,exactly as i have said all along if you are over expect to pay for it,

sandra always wondered why my case was heavier than the wives, :D

Bluepeterno1
well sandra you must be related to my wife she does that all the time
got caught for £46 in may at dalaman but with what the little lady had brought ( with my money ) i think i done alright still she was happy thats all that matters its only money lol :sun2
Going to Icmeler for the 1st time in 3 weeks...what's the airport like?
Haven't been to Turkey before so I'm a bit apprehensive!

Been reading a lot of these posts lately and everyone says that they're really tight with the baggage allowance.
I am off with my mum on 26th June and we only have 15kg between us :( I'm really worried we'll go over the limit and be charged with extra baggage....

How long does the visas take for your passports? Will it be busy around the time we go?

If I think of anything else to add, I'll post (lol - hope you will not mind!!)

xx
aberdarecat wrote:
!

Been reading a lot of these posts lately and everyone says that they're really tight with the baggage allowance.
I am off with my mum on 26th June and we only have 15kg between us :( I'm really worried we'll go over the limit and be charged with extra baggage....
xx

Hi aberdarecat
I think it will be 15 kilo each not between you ;)

Dalaman airport is expensive for food and drink, but unlike EU airports you can take fluids and food through security so if you want something to eat and drink get it in the resort and take it with you.
I always take a small set of light accurate digital fishermen scales with me. I can then make sure cases are not overweight, and/or adjust accordingly. I got mine from ebay for about £7.00.

baz.
Dalaman airport is expensive for food and drink, but unlike EU airports you can take fluids and food through security so if you want something to eat and drink get it in the resort and take it with you.

Lynn,
You can take solid food through Glasgow airport security. On 12th this month we took sandwiches/crisps/sweets. Handy if you have kids and have not paid for meal on flight.

baz.
Hi Barclay

Thanks I know you can take food I was meaning drinks I just didnt put it very well in post :tup
Which is just as well with the prices they charge.

Lynn
Hi

Just got all our holiday info from Thomas cook and we have been allowed 20kg each for the 5 of us and that includes our 1 year old :que
Rob
akapooley,

This is more of a Thomas Cook question than one for this thread. If you added the additional 5kg allowance at the time of booking then that is correct, 20kg each. Passengers under 2 years old do not have a luggage allowance unless you've booked a seat for them.

Darren
I have just got a set of luggage scales today,small enough to fit in my hand luggage,only 5.99 from argos :tup
Mary,
If your scales have a hook for weighing your cases, put inside your case after weighing, as they may confiscate them from hand luggage when being screened. ( Could be classed as offensive weapon).

baz.
Hello Mary

"I have just got a set of luggage scales today,small enough to fit in my hand luggage,only 5.99 from argos"

Do you have the code or name for these as I can't see them on the Argos website.

Thank you.
Thank you Barcaly.

Unfortunately there isn't time for that now as I fly on Monday.

Cheers.
Random

The link is in one of the last posts the General Holiday Enquiries forum under Luggage Scales.

luci :wave
Arrived home Monday 16th, Airline Onur Air, We were over our weight with 46kg no surcharge to pay, But watch the hand luggage 5kg with Onur Air as I seen plenty of people get that weighed also, I didnt note anyone get charged but mind you with some 24 checkins full It was very difficult to see, All take note that Dalaman Airport is a No smoking zone completely, If you do want a smoke on departure after you check inn walk back up to the end of the lines and walk down the stairs to the arrivals and walk out the door have your smoke and perhaps something to eat in the cafe outide as its a helluva lot cheaper than any of them inside the terminal then walk back up to the arrivals turn left and up the escalator and go through security once again then proceed to Passport control and into Duty free etc etc.
Thankyou to whoever recommended the Argos fishing scales :tup
I m glad i bought some as the robbing sods at Dalaman tried it on with me.
My cases weighed 95 kg between 7 people going out and 92 kg coming home, we all had a 15kg allowance so i knew our total was 105kg
While weighing the cases when checking in to come home the bloke on the desk kept shaking his head at 2 of the larger cases he shouted over another bloke, who we had just seen taking payment from other passengers for being overweight and they were talking in Turkish. So i told them that i had weighed the cases before we left the Hotel and we were well under and if he didnt believe me i would weigh them again in front of him, i kept saying there was no way we were over. They said something to each other, i got the boarding cards and he waved us away.

Please people get some scales, they will probably still find a way to do it but it will stop alot more being charged unnessessarily.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.