Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Well done sandra good for you , :tup . K&R consider yourself lucky you must have kind faces :D

Bluepeterno1
We had no problems when we came back from Dalaman last week either. Although we still had the old Airtours 20kg per person allowance, plus 5kg hand luggage. Our 4 bags came to 69kg together so I guess we were well under. May be different if we end up with the new Thomas Cook 4 x 15kgs, as it could be a bit tight.

They didn't weight our hand luggage. ( Well I don't think they did but it was 1.30am in so I was half asleep lol )

The one thing I did notice which was a bit sad was the 100's of folk sitting at the tables at the restaurants/fast food outlets eating their own food and drink. You could have counted the people who had bought at the airport on the fingers of one hand.

It was so noticable as all the eating outlets had 3 or 4 members of staff standing around doing nothing.

When will they wise-up and do something about the prices. They are paying staff for standing around doing nothing. :que
yes i know what you mean about lack of people buying owt in the airport bars.my husband bought a large efes just so we could sit in the seats without getting shifted. it cost 14lira!!!!!!!!!!! had to laugh at all the people who were fast asleep with their heads on the tables though hee hee.

:glynis

happy holidays......wish i was coming with you all

Sandra x
san 121 wrote:
yes i know what you mean about lack of people buying owt in the airport bars.my husband bought a large efes just so we could sit in the seats without getting shifted. it cost 14lira!!!!!!!!!!! had to laugh at all the people who were fast asleep with their heads on the tables though hee hee.
:glynis

happy holidays......wish i was coming with you all

Sandra x

LOL think you are one of the few that bothered, but I guess if you are going to buy something it might as well be efes. :glynis There were loads of folk just sitting at the food and drink tables who didnt seem to have bothered to buy even one item from the outlets, they all had plastic carrier bags of their own food and drink. So many people were doing it, I think the staff would have been hard pushed to evict everyone from their tables who hadn't bought a 'holding the table' type item.
Have you all seen this protest site?

dalaman.co.uk (when I put in the full link it comes up "not allowed")

I dont blame people for taking their own, thats what we intend to do!
I think we have seen this protest site before and i think it is banned on the forum as it was asking people to sign a petition.

Bluepeterno1
excess baggage charges have gone up now to £8 per kilo :yikes

a few got charged on our flight!
Can anyone tell me if Onur combine luggage allowance, so that if one case is over weight they will allow it as long as we havent exceeded our total allowance?
sarong - most flights do combine but they do say that one case shouldn't really be more than 31kgs (health & safety reasons for baggage handlers)
We arrived back 2 weeks ago. through Dalaman. (Thomas Cook) We (party of 4)were told we were jointly15k over the 15k individual allowance, and that we had to pay £90. £6 for every kilo. We argued but to no avail. Then when we converted the ntl he was asking for into £££ it worked out at £120. We argued again and he dropped it to £90. I didn't see one person go through without being charged. I believe T.C and other airlines should advise passengers on their journey out as what to expect, but they dont.
They're happy to take your money for your holiday. Wishing you a wonderful time, knowing you are going to be ripped off on your return.
Jez,

We (party of 4)were told we were jointly15k over the 15k individual allowance / should advise passengers on their journey out as what to expect / knowing you are going to be ripped off on your return.

You'll find that airlines do advise passengers that if you are over your baggage allowance, you are likely to be charges for excess baggage. Refer to the airline websites or holiday brochures, it's clearly stated on the baggage sections. This has been discussed on here a number of times (refer to page 18). If you exceed the limit printed on your tickets, then don't be surprised to be charged. In the case of Thomas Cook, it's clearly stated towards the bottom of the page here, and in your ticket booklets.

Darren
Hi.

We went on a Thomas Cook holiday via Dalaman this year and to be fair they warned us a couple of times that any excess baggage would be charged for at the airport for the return flight.

Cheers.
Its just so damned annoying that because of the liquid restrictions in hand luggage,that we have to pack them in our hold luggage,ie,shampoo,cond,sun lotions,shower,deodrants etc,etc,that the airlines are cashing in,most of them dropping the weight limit to 15kg and reading now that some are charging £8 kg if you go over.
Just bought my fishing scales from e b a y thank you for the tip!!! £4.69 inc postage bargain!

Love Nikki xx
I bought some luggage scales from Amazon yesterday so hopefully won't have this problem. Going out we are always underweight - it's just coming back with loads of goodies that we have problems!
We went with thomas cook this year and we already booked 5kgs extra for £15 each so we had 20kg. I think going out we had around 17, 18 each. Thomas Cook did warn us on the transfer home to the airport that the airport was strict on excess baggage and would charge an £6 i fink for every kg. I had heard that they weighed cases separate but they weighed ours together and it come to 39.2kg so we were very lucky. I left nearly all of my toiletries at the hotel so good job i did.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.