Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi
We have also booked to fly to Bangkok with Etihad.
How do you know which aircraft you will be flying on??
I used http://www.checkmytrip.com providing the resevation number - this gives details of aircraft seat positions etc.
Thanks sunbear.
Great info.
We are travelling to Bangkok from Gatwick with Etihad.
We are travelling on a Boeing 777-300 on all journeys.
I understand this is new to Etihad.
We have our seat numbers but cannot find a seating plan.
Any info on this aircraft would br appreciated.
Thanks
Can't find the seat map for the Etihad 777 either. However notice the plane has WiFi for all classes so you could surf all the way to Bangkok if you take a wireless notebook with you.
From what I gather so far the seat configuration in Coral Class is 3-3-3 with up to 33" seat pitch. Pearl Class is 1-2-1 config with flat bed seats.

The Coral class seats have 10" LCD personal tv's with 30 movie channels with audio-video on demand. You also have a laptop power connection, RJ45 for connection to internet if you don't have Wifi on your laptop and a USB port.

Sounds like it could be fun.
Wow!!
For the price we paid we expected basic!!
Yeah posting a review to Holiday-Truths at 35,000 feet would be kind of cool would'nt it.
Oh and you also get a 30kg baggage allowance in Coral (economy). Thats a lot more than other airlines I have flown to Bangkok with before. I'll have to keep the Mrs away from the shops!!
My sister and her partner flew with them yesterday from Gatwick to Bangkok via Abu Dhabi. When they are back I will pop something on here about them
That would be great emmarushuk.
Well we have done our flights out to Bangkok with Etihad. Gatwick to Abu Dhabi was actually with a Spanish charter Iberworld that Etihad are using as a temporary measure until they put new aircraft into service. No seat back video on that I'm afraid. However service was friendly, food OK, plane an Airbus A330-200... a little long in the tooth but adequate (especially for the price paid). Second leg on an Etihad A340-300. Seat back video on this flight with a choice of about six channels. Flight OK, food OK. Things should improve once Etihad get all there latest planes in service, but in all honesty no real complaints with what flights I had
Just returned from Bangkok today. First leg to Abu Dhabi was on Etihad Airbus A330-202. Comfort was OK, service adequate, food good. In flight entertainmant was poor as from where we sat could not see any screens. Read my book instead.

Second leg was on brand new Boeing 777-300ER. Comfort OK although there did not seem to be as much legroom on the 777 when compared to the Etihad Airbus aircraft. In flight entertainment system was excellent with ten inch touch sensitive screens, 30 movies, fully configurable audio system, computer games and interactive shopping and comfortable headphones. There is also WiFi (chargeable) for all classes on the aircraft should you wish to surf the net at 36,000 feet.

I've read some poor reviews of Etihad on the net. My experience having done four flights with are mainly positive (especially given the price paid to go to Banngkok). They need to work on the service a little, some of the timing of providing drinks service with meal was a bit out. They provided some of the best food I have had in economy. There new 777's are excellent and state of the art. All flights were on time and check in very smooth. In a couple of years time if they can get the in flight service a little more polished they will bea force to be reckoned with. I would certainly use them again.
Great airline. Flew with them previously and will fly with them again. Seat back tvs certainly make a difference to long flights.
Found some photo's of the new 777's interior if anyones interested.

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/general_aviation/read.main/2616697/

There are quite a few photos to be downloaded on the link so may take some time even with broadband.
My sister and her partner got back yesturday and had a fab time. Etihad airlines even got them in an hour early (problem for me as I had to get up at 4am to get them from Gatwick so the poor things had to wait around for me) They know nowt about planes but flew home on nearly empty plane and the hostesses let them sit where tey wanted (but not upgraded as there were no travellers booked for that so they shut it off) They said it was really comfortable with excellent entertainment and food. They even had a 12 hour stop over in Abu Dhabi on the way home and Etihad put them up on a hotel for that and picked up the full tab! :lol: They are planning to go back in the next few weeks and have said they will definatley fly with thm again!
Hi emmarushuk
Thanks for this info.
Etihad are also providing us with accomodation in Abu Dhabi on the way back as our flight times have changed. What was the hotel like? Was it near the airport or in the city??
Thanks
Hi Debs

Etihad provided private taxi transfer for them. From the photos I have seen the Hotel looked really good, 4 star at least and in a busy part of town. They did venture out but she felt uncomfortable. There were no women out and people stared at her although she dressed approriately. They spent most their time in the room watxhing films and resting!

Hope this helps?

Emma
Hi - We are a family of four intending to fly to Thailand with Etihad Airways at Christmas this year and are wondering if any of you have had first hand experiance if flying with them. I have read some mixed reviews. Our children are 12 and 9 and on a 12/14 hr journey will expect some sort of entertainment! Does anyone have any info about their inflight stuff.

Have checked out their website but they not that forthcoming.

As we have never been to Thailand any info/advice on travelling there with kids would also be welcome.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.