Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I have another question (or 2!)

I take it at Abu Dhabi my cases will be transferred from one Etihad plane to the next, without any intervention from me?

Also, can I buy duty free at Heathrow and have it sealed so that I can take it in to Bangkok, or do I have to purchase at Abu Dhabi?

Thanks
Mobor One,

If you are travelling with Etihad from your point of departure to your final destination, then you'll be through checked so no need to worry about your baggage. They will be transferred for you. Duty free at Heathrow should be placed in to a sealed duty free bag (mention it to staff if they don't) if you want to transit with it. Make sure your receipt is not in the bag when it's sealed in case you need it to prove the items bought were purchased in duty free at Heathrow, ie security cleared and don't break the seal on the bag or it might be refused.

Darren
Thanks Darren

Knew I could rely on you for help!

Much appreciated
I assume Ethihad need me to complete API? I can't for the life of me find the relevant area on their website.

Can anyone help?
Is anyone a member of the Etihad Guest scheme? Is it worth joining?
Always wanted to fly with Etihad and yesterday I booked flights (direct on the Etihad website) for early next year from ABZ to AUH via MAN. The flights from Aberdeen to Manchester are with Flybe. I have a couple of questions.

Firstly when making the booking the pop up to select seats said this was not available yet. My husband joined the Etihad guest programme after the booking so we went into the website in the hope of being able to put in his guest account which we couldn't. I see from viewing the booking that seats have been allocated on the MAN-AUH? There is no option on Etihad website to either change seats or add my husbands number. I have never experienced this before with other airlines websites.

Also, my other concern will be at online check-in. Yes I know this is ages off but looking at the website when you check in you have to select a departure airport and Aberdeen is not listed in the dropdown. It would appear only the airports where Etihad fly direct to can be selected? Can anyone advise how this will work?

Really excited about flying with Etihad as read and heard really good things about them.

Thanks
Flying with them soon to AUH from LHR then on to MNL.

Anyone done this recently.... Preferred airline was to be Cathay Pacific, but they put their prices up from £580-£830 overnight, so lost a booking from me! Ethiad I got for £560
krankie_frankie,

I've flown MAN-AUH-MLE and return with ETD recently. They were pretty good, everything on time and good IFE but I've seen better inflight service with other airlines. No complaints though.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.