General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I don't know if anyone's said this one before, but I really enjoyed "Driving Over Lemons" by Chris Stewart. It's about a couple who move to rural Andalucia. Very well-written, funny and touching, and not very long, so even with constant holiday interruptions you can get through it really quickly.
I've just finished the sequel "A Parrot In The Pepper Tree", also very good, and I'm now looking for the next book "The Almond Blossom Appreciation Society".
have a look at play.com for your books really cheap and all p&p free
Chris Stewart is very good. I took a handful of Christopher Brookmyre' with me, they're very funny and quite black in humour.
I've also read Martina Cole, to see what it's all about, very good. I try to find new authors for holidays, so what I do is pick up the book and glance at the middle pages, if it's any good, it'll show in the writing.
Derailed by James Siegel- OOOOOH it's a goodie- much better than the movie they made (Clive Owen and Jennifer Aniston) from it.
I've just finished a book called The Kite Runner, excellent book about two young lads growing up in Afganistan in the early 70's and the paths their lives take. I am reading Marley and me at the moment about a family and their hyper Labrador...I didn't fancy it but my friend pushed me to read it and I am really enjoying it.

Sarah
Just read on Holiday 'Mercy' by Jodi Picoult did not enjoy it as much as her other books and 'Marley & Me' great book made me laugh and cry about a labrador and it's owners from when it was a puppy until old age.
I'm after a book that featured on Richard and Judy last summer only I can vaguely remember what it was about and have no idea of the title.
I think it has something to do with a daughter of a man who went seeking vampires, he died and left details of stuff in his will.
Anybody know what I'm on about please.
Hi Cazz
I think you may be thinking about The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
Lally
I really enjoyed The Historian, a great book
Have you read any others recommended by Richard and Judy, i have read " a thousand splendid suns " and couldn't put it down . i have also got " the welsh girl "
I've just bought the memory keepers daughter, another one R&J recommended last year.
ive brought shy keenans book reduced me to tears very brave woman
The Memory Keepers Daughter is a fantastic read.
Oohhh am thrilled -

Just found out that my favorite authors - Jeffrey Deaver, Karin Slaughter and harlan Coben all have new books out before we go away in August. :) :)

Always wait till I get to the airport and buy the large paperback ones - weigh less that way.
;) ;)

Ali
All my books split, ie, pages came away from the spine, whilst I was on holiday. Looked like a right idiot chasing pages roind the pool. :( It's never happened before. :que
:rofl That happened to me last year with one of my son's *Bones* (Kathy Reichs) books! :oops:
Also happened to me last year in Zante - think it was sooo hot that the glue binding melted !!

Ali x
I visit Charity shops before holidays and buy any I fancy. I then try the beginning of a few and narrow it down to about 5 or 6. Cranford is one of my favourite books and I take it every couple of years to re read. I once borrowed Boy Called it and Man Called Dave (Is that correct) and cried on Palma Nova Beach...never again! I have never lived it down with the friends who we were with. Every time we talk holidays or books someone always says "Do you remember..." and off we go again. :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.