General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
just bought gordon ramseys book bargain 2.73 at asda compared to 7.99 whsmith! and rachels holiday by marian keyes.

I cant read the free books with magazines the writing too small even with contacts in :?
just bought a book called 'a tangled summer' which looks a good holiday read, perhaps on the lines of a veronica henry novel (I love all her books), on the lines of a Jilly Cooper I think ? Looks good anyway.
Has anyone read the new Jilly Cooper? Just seen it in woolies for 5.99p and thought it might be a good beach book.

Doe
Hi Cazz have just finished peter kays autobiography a workmate lent to me. I was crying with laughter at the way he writes about things. I hope you enjoy reading it on your hols but a word of warning you may fall off your sunlounger laughing. :D
For anyone who enjoys the old Da Vinci Code/Angels & Demons/Last Templar/Righteous Men type can I recommend the 2 novels of Paul Sussman - The Lost Army of Cambysses and The Last Secret of the Temple. Thoroughly recommended, meaty (in length and substance), well written perfect beach escapism.
I read James Herbert's "The Secret of Crickley Hall". Another excellent Herbert book. Bit scary in places (but a good kind of scary :? ). Definitely worth a read.

Im a huge fan of Nora Roberts - Angels Fall is brilliant. There is a new one to be released in time for my holiday called "High Noon" so Im looking forward to reading that on my hols this year. Also like her writing as J D Robb so probably take a couple of them too.

Have to take about 6 books to read so tend to go for a mixture of different themes - horror, romance, crime etc. Read this thread with interest and always take notes :) on good reads.
:)
Chris, do you mean Wicked? If so, you can have mine :D

I've been trying to finish it for ages, only have a couple of chapters left.

It is not very exciting, so I'm not sure if you'll want to lug it all the way on holiday, as it is huge!
Keepupwith, I have just finished the "Memory keepers Daughter" - it was a good easy read and very suitable for hols.

Just started "The Island" Victoria Hislop.

I see WHS has BOGOF on paper backs until tomorrow
HI Starry, :D Welcome home hope you had a great hols.

Only just noticed your post, not been on for a couple of days. Perhaps I wont bother. :cry: Ive got quite a few to take anyway and someone at work is reading a book called 'the Fatwah' (probably spelt it wrong) which she can't put down so I might take that instead.
did you have a good week Lesley ??

Im strickly a light and fluffy chick lit girl on my hols. anything by Marian Keyes or Jill Mansel is always a good read for me :D They can normally guarantee a sunbed chuttle :D :D

lyn
Hi Lyn, I love Jill Mansell as well :D I was looking today for any I haven't read by her for my next hol!

We had a really good week thanks.

I read about your France trip (it made me feel emotional just reading it)
from clearblueskies
Hi Cazz have just finished peter kays autobiography a workmate lent to me. I was crying with laughter at the way he writes about things. I hope you enjoy reading it on your hols but a word of warning you may fall off your sunlounger laughing.

It was a hoot. Got some really weird looks from people round the pool :lol: and the Secret of Crickley Hall was fantastic, I just couldn't put it down. Think it would make a great film.
i read peter kay on my flight to benidorm this year
got so engrossed was laughing like you wouldnt believe
did i get some funny looks
"Wasted" by Mark Johnson. A true story of the amazing recovery of a man who reached rock bottom.
have just read the new harry potter book. it was great. was going to keep it for my holiday read but will have to buy something else.
anything by clive cussler

or something to even get non-readers gripped the rats trilogy by james herbert (Rats, Lair and Domain) good gory horror books
I've just been given a book in my local WH Smith. They were handing them out free to people in the queue!!! It's 'Mr Golightly's Holiday' by Salley Vickers. Has anyone read this and is it any good? It will be a while before I read it because I have 2 library books to read and then the Harry Potter book.
Wow - can't believe this thread is still going after 2 years.

Well my book list for my holidays next week are:

Jeffrey Deaver The Sleeping Doll
karin Slaughter Skin Privilege
Jilliane Hoffman Plea of Insanity
Harlan coben The Woods

Have also purchased the latest Harry Potter however it keeps looking at me and shouting "Read Me" so that will probably be finished before we take off !!!! :)
keep the good book ideas coming

ali x
We took a big pile of magazines - Take a Break, That's Life, Chat etc. on holiday at Easter and after reading them left them on a bookcase next to the Thomson's desk in the Flamingo Oasis. They were taken within five minutes of our putting them there.

Jean
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.