General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I just posted about 'Shadow of the Wind' before I saw your post
Can I just say that if anyone loves epic fantasy books (similar to LOTR but in my opinion better), please don't miss out on the trilogy 'Memory, Sorrow and Thorn' by Tad Williams. It's my most favourite book(3 books) and I've read it 3 times over the years. Must be time I got it out to read again.
Just read Paulo Cuello's (?) new book - The Witch of Pimlico - one of those books that you read and enjoy and then read again and find things that you missed the first time.[/img]
I usually take a couple of paper-backs on holiday, and always bring them back unread.
Guess I'm just too nosey watching everything that's going on. :lol:

LOL Marn.
I love all of Marian Keyes and Sophie Kinsella's books, specially the Shopoholic series! They're easy to read and easy to put down and pick up again, whilst having a nosy around the pool!!!! :lol: :lol:
:lol:

I also love having a 'beaky' at what everyone else is reading around the pool too!!! You can tell alot about the person by what they are reading!!!!

Happy holidays and happy reading!

Elaine :fly
Hi I also loved The Time Travellers Wife, I struggled to get started with it but then sat till the early hours to finish it. Have re read it and found things I missed. I tend to like "lighter" reads on hols as can't always concentrate too much when its hot. Liked Marian Keyes Angels.
I'm taking peter kays biography, i love biographies, the older the person the better. Anyone any good tips. I've just about done all the hollywood greats. :?
Good idea Cazz. I read a few pages in Asda at christmas and was laughing out loud. Had forgotten I wanted to read it! Garlic bread???????
Debbie Macomber's books are a great light holiday read. Easy pick up put down books where you feel you really know the characters.
Got Martina Coles' latest in paperback, The Close, from Tesco for £3.83.

Read Frankie, Kevin Lewis and The Wedding Day, Catherine Alliot in Majorca last week.
Don't know if anyone else has mentioned her, but the Jodi Picoult books are really good. I have the latest paperback stashed in the cupboard ready for the summer!!

Pam :D
Have read a couple of her books. Got Salems Lot by her, The Island by Victoria Hislop and The Bay at midnight byDiane Chamberlain. Hubbie's into the vikings at the moment so has The Lords of the North by Bernard Cornwell .
Oh I also bpought Patricia Scanlans latest in paparback from Tesco. Hers are always a good read.
I'm off to Tesco's tomorrow, there seems to be a lot of book's priced at £3.88 so I'm told, I'm after a good horror!!!!!! anybody read anything lately.
Yes Pam I would agree with you, have read most of Jodi Piccoults books and have enjoyed them. Have also recentlty read Long Way Down by Nick Hornby, funny and sad in parts. Need to find something good for my hols and then lock it away til I go so can't read it.
The book I'm looking for is a horroe about some people who buy a house with a really dark history, I read the back of it but can't remember the author or the title :?
Have just dug out my other holiday book from Tesco's- £3.73, bargain! It's a US no1 best seller called The memory keepers daughter. Looks like a great holiday read, but a bit of a tear jerker, about a woman who has twins but the husband pretends one of the babies has died because she has Downs.

I also have another 6 books from the bargain book shop, at 3 for £5 I can always leave them behind.

Pam :D
I like Frankie by Kevin Lewis, could imagine it as a film!!
Can't read anything that's the least bit sad otherwise my sunglasses hide a mass of tears which then run down my cheeks and spoil my lovely drinks :lol: I have been known to cry over Coronation Street so I don't have a chance :oops:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.