General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
hi tracy, you like all my favourite authers too, obviously you like to read about deranged serial killers like I do !
I can reccomend a cracking book called 'shadow man' by cody mcfadyn, great thriller, debut novel, and she's just brought her second one out, forget the name , but am off to buy it tomorrow !
chelsea cain has a debut called 'Heartsick' have just finished that, brill !
simon kernick, brian freeman, mo hayder, all in the same vein, hope this helps !
juby x
thanks juby!
thats great,i will take a look at amazon now & will hopefully find,a few i like.thanks again
tracy
I like Robert Goddard books, he's written quite a few and some are better than others
thanks oklahoma,i will take a look.
juby have ordered some of amazon,
the face of death,shadow man-cody mcfadyn
heartsick-chelsea cain
severed-simon kernick &
immoral-brian freeman
thanks again,hope i can resist not reading them,till my holiday though!!
tracy
hi tracy, as an avid reader , I can tell you, you have chosen well !
only problem you've got now is you won't want to leave youre apartment, cos you'll be so engrossed in these books !
only joking !
let me know how you get on with these authers, as i say, i thoroughly enjoyed them, after hubby and 6yr old daughter went to bed on our hols, i was left to drift into my book world !
juby x
Tracey
I like the same authors that you've mentioned, here's a few other authors that I also read:
Jonathon Kellerman
Val McDermid
Frederick Forsyth
Jeffery Deaver
Kathy Reichs
John Grisham - his best are 'The Partner' and 'The Runaway Jury'
David Baldacci - just as good as John Grisham, his best is 'Absolute Power' - filmed with Clint Eastwood

Robert Ludlam is very good (he wrote the Bourne trilogy recently filmed with Matt Damon), although they tend to have complicated plots and are not good for picking up for a few minutes, you need to setle down for a good read.

William Diehl wrote 3 stunning (IMHO) novels called :
Primal Fear (filmed years ago with Richard Gere and Ed Norton)
Show of Evil
Reign in Hell

I had to re-read the final pages of Primal Fear - it made my scalp tingle. :omg

I also like Wilbur Smith.

Have a good holiday.
Polly
thanks polly!
i will certainly take a look,at the authors you have suggested,there are a couple of names,i recognise.i certainly have plenty,to keep me occupied now.
juby,we take our 6 year old grandaughter away with us,she loves the pool & hubby likes to be out & about,so we have a pool day,then an out & about day,keeps them both happy,so when its a pool day,i love to spend it reading,i will have to put them straight away,when they get delivered!!
thanks again,for all your suggestions
tracy
A short history of Tractors in Ukrainian by Marina Lewycka (don't let the title put you off- it is funny and poignant).
Pure escapism and FUNNY- Jimmy Buffett's - 'A salty piece of land'.
i love reading auto-biograpghys.... ive read most that are on the shelves at the minute.

i bought book the other day to take away with us and meant to put it in the case :oops: ,, never got there lol.. Ibought it the day it came out on the saturday afternoon at 2pm and had finished reading it by 6pm the next day :shock: ... i just couldnt put it donw.. called Ronnies Looking For Trouble

so now i have to find another book for the holiday. any suggestions? i prefer auto-biographys?
Really enjoyed The Island by Victoria Hislop about the leper colony on Spinalonga just off the island of Crete. I've now booked Crete for 08 and can't wait to visit Spinalonga.
Same here, we've booked Crete for 2008 and I'm looking forward to visiting Spinalonga after reading the book :D
When are you going Oklahoma. We're going to the Socrates11 apartments in Stalis on the 3rd August and we can't wait.
i love reading , i went through 9 books , john grisham , mario purzo (spelling) etc in two weeks in turkey

i am fun to be with , honestly !
pink-kisses
I love biographies too.
Recently read: If I don't write it nobody will- by Eric Sykes
Don't you know who I am- by Piers Morgan.
Both very good reads.
Who is Ronnies looking for trouble about/by?
A disturbing but gripping journey through the criminal underworld, giving an insider's view of investigations into paedophilia, murder and drug crime

Ronnie Howard was a drug dealer, a hitman, a hustler, a bouncer, a thief and a conman. He was very nearly a pimp. Ronnie was also a copper whose undercover work led to some of the biggest drugs hauls the UK has ever seen. His infiltration of a paedophile network helped avert kidnap and murder while his work on the beat earned him a reputation as one of the UK's toughest policemen. No one was safe when Ronnie was around. Criminals feared him and so did his fellow officers. "Ronnie's Looking for Trouble" reveals the true story of one man's battle against crime and an increasingly corrupt law-enforcement service. It is the account of a man who was afraid of nothing and no one. For where there was trouble, there was glory. And Ronnie found plenty of both

hth
Oh Ok thanks- not sure if I would read it on holiday but I'll definitely read that.
Quote : When are you going Oklahoma. We're going to the Socrates11 apartments in Stalis on the 3rd August and we can't wait.

We're doing a 2 centred holiday next September ( I think August will be too hot for me :) )
We're going to apartments near Chania and then to apartments in Panormos which I think will be a quiet area, but I'm told is very nice :D
Just read: ' A lesson before dying' by Ernest J Gaines.. Very moving and gripping. One of those you put off your plans for the day so you can keep reading.
The devil wears prada is a good novel
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.