Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
i niticed that the prices to go to kabc in july have come down even more today, we booked last july to go on july 12 2006 and paid £3056 for the same holiday you can book it today for £2593 inc a sea view which 4 months ago the said we could nt have
nexy year i am going to leave it till the last min before i book
Good morning to all of you,

again a very nice if not hot summerday today!
Thank you for the comments re presence of teenagers!
Especially our 15 year old son is thrilled that there will be boys and girls his age!

.......greeneyedgal12 ..........15 year old girls........ so there was always someone for them to chat to.........

Well..... some 15 year olds can chat eachothers ears off, like adults.
I am curious if he'll get interested now in other things than playing and watching football and computergames.... like adults!

We're from the Netherlands but both sons speak English rather well for their ages! And that's an advantage of those computergames!!

Well, without kidding: "normally" families with small(er) children and younger parents are in the majority at resorts like this one.
"Normally" especially the oldest son, really has to "search" for children his own age. Not that he doesn't enjoy himself!!! But it's "nicer" if you also can pass some time with others than only your parents and (little...) brother!

Well (hell..)! What's in an age??

Have a nice day!!

IreneJ
[/i]

edit to remove bold see terms of posting
oops! forgot something!

Sukaay: my son's birthday is the 20th!
What a shame! You'll miss his birthdayparty!

We arrive the 16th.

IreneJ
We've jumped ship.

We've changed to The Pegasus Palace in Turkey which is getting fantastic reviews.
It was £379 cheaper for a suite with better flight times. I think we got lucky on the day we changed because I priced it up on their site just before I phoned and it was more or less the same price that we had paid for the Aqua Beach.

Good luck too all who are still going amd I truely hope you have a fantastic time.
We will go to Aqua Beach next year :D
Hello everyone,

Just a message to inform you that the spirit is gone in the Netherlands.
The dutch forum is very negative at the moment.
People don't believe ABC (KOS) will open on the 1st July.
They think the travelagencies etc. know more than they tell.
Well, panic panic on the dutch forum.
No specific reason.
One person even advised to notify press etc.
Deardear.
Here also: we are waiting for news from people who are there now and will inform us here.
So far no "update" reports..........

It's still very nice in the garden again.....

IreneJ
Thats exactly how I felt Irene - thats why I changed.

You are supposed to look forward to a holiday not constantly worry and stress yourself out over it.
I guess its my own fault for booking a new build. I should of learnt my lesson with the Pegasus Palace last year (which we cancelled due to a holiday from hell program).
Never again !
I fancy the Rhodes and Crete Aqua Beach clubs but I'll wait until they're well and truly established before booking.
Hi Alex,
didn't you say that you'd changed already to the Pegasus Palace. Why would you want to book here again after cancelling last year because it was featured on "Holidays from Hell"? :?
Glad to see you are all still very positive.
Alex when are you going we too have just jumped ship and are going to the Pegasus tropical. Shirley it was a bad write up because it had only just opened. There is a lot of good posts about it now.
Alex, you're right there of course! You're supposed to look forward to a holiday in stead of worrying about DOES it open? If so: will everything be finished? Won't it be a buildingspot etc.
Two years ago we had a fantastic experience in Turkey.
Also a new hotel, fantastic facilities.... comparable to ABC.
By the way: we never go twice to the same place how great it was.
But all the worries - fortunately - were ungrounded.
Everything was spotless, finished.
So.... that's why I hope they can do the same job in Greece.
But........haha!!

If I have news from the dutch forum, I'll let you all know!
Have a nice day!

IreneJ
are you guys all talking about Aqualand Corfu?!
If you are, you make me laugh! especially all you people who have cancelled!
Missing out on a GREAT holiday if you have! i just got back yesterday from a holiday that my parents booked themselves. We flew with FC and had no problems at all! Quick boarding and leaving with the planes.
The Aqualand Village is amazing and the apartments are so nice! The entertainment and team are so friendly and they have a mini-disco each night apart from Tuesday as it is the entertainment teams day off.. a well deserves day off may i add!
We went all inclusive and they have a pool bar with cocktails and snacks and ice cream alllll for free hehe. We also got free entry to the Aqualand Water Park for free each day.
So all you who have booked last year for this year from now on... missing out on an amazing holiday if you have transferred! Change back!
wwchix, no they are all talking about the Kos Aqua Beach Club, whic his due to open on the first of July. Not sure what you are talking about or why you are posting to the Kos Aqua Beach Club Forum when you, i guess, are talking about Corfu :?
ha i dont know actually... i think there was a link here from another forum simlar to this.
loads of people were changing their holidays from aqualand corfu because someone had posted pictures of it in building work and saying it hasnt been built yet... looks like i was imaginging everything then :D
Hi everyone

I'm one of the ones who has already been cancelled as I was due to go to KABC on May 27th. I've been keeping an eye on the forum still though as I have made a complaint to FC and any extra ammunition is always useful, plus I really do like the looks of the KABC and would still like to book to go there when it's complete!

However, I don't want to worry you as it may be a temporary blip with the FC website, but I have just tried booking KABC (to check prices!) and it is currently ONLY TAKING BOOKINGS FOR 2007!!!!! Now as there is NO way that it is fully booked for July 1st 2006 - October 2006, this appears very worrying. Especially as the same happened on their website a few days before we were all cancelled up until 1st July - you could only book from 1st July onwards.......

Now from the experience we had, after the change was made on the website, the customer services people still weren't advised (or admitting they had been advised!) until the hotel opening was officially postponed. I really hope that this does turn out to be a blip with theiir website, but past experience and all that......

Good luck guys

Debbie
Hi Woody7

2006 is bookable through the last minute link on the home page. Just did a check. Where did you say you booked after being cancelled and when are you due to be going on holiday?
Hi woody you can still book for 2006 on the fc website on the last minute option. :)
sukaay & firebird

how will we know who you both are we land early hours so will be there a day after you would be nice to see who we have been chatting to

michelle
Well, I've recovered from a trying to be funny message on the dutch forum. Some "joker" claimed to have information that KOS ABC opening was delayed to 1st of september. Sick people!!
'We're positive that it's a "joke" because he doesn't respond to any questions etc.

It's getting more a thriller each day...

IreneJ
Irene if the KABC wasnt opening until 1st SEpt i doubt they would have opened at all as season end in october
Hi Ctaylor

I'm pleased they've still got the option to book on there, though not sure how September and October this year can come under last minute?! Does seem a bit strange that you can't book it through the normal route on the website as they surely need the bookings after the adverse publicity and people cancelling. However, I am very synical about FC now given the blatent lies myself and other holiday makers were told and what has happened to the other aqua beach clubs that were due to open this year. Kefalonia was initially put back to July 1st, and is now next year.

When we were cancelled (never informed by FC by the way, only found out through this forum!) they couldn't offer me a suitable alternative as it was school holiday week and only 17 days to go till departure. I asked for a full refund and booked a week in Florida instead with Thomson flights and a villa booking from a villa website I use. It did take them a whole 2 weeks to refund the money to my credit card though, and then only because I chased them 3 times!

I really hope my suspicions are wrong, but my best advice is look for an alternative NOW so that if KABC is postponed any further, you know what you want to do. Believe me, the news does send you into panic mode, especially when you can't even get into a queue for FC customer services, and a number of people changed to a different holiday and then wished they hadn't after investigating it further, and had to try to change again. Hopefully you won't need to use your alternative, but it really helps if you have one as FC will be trying to put you where bookings are low. Also, for those who haven't read earlier posts, stick to your guns and don't let them fob you off.

I really hope it does open July 1st so I can read some great reviews on this site and book for next May while there are still free child places! However, I'm not booking for KABC until it is up and running - this year's nightmare was bad enough and I don't plan to repeat it!

Debbie
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.