Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
FOXY0810

you will know me... I will be glowing bright red :oops:

No, I will find a way.
Might get a T.shirt or something. :)

I think firebird said in earlier post he would put a notice on the fc notice board to arrange for people off the forum to meet :)
that would be good we will be in for breakfast on the 6th then sunning ourself you will have a day on us so we will need to catch up dont drink the bar dry though eh!!
Hi Foxy, i will be the one in shorts and a t-shirt. Maybe sunglasses also. :lol: And if the weather in the UK keeps up i will already have a tan!
Seriously i will put a notice on the notice board with a time and place for any Holiday Truth members to meet. If this gets "removed" i will wander round the complex shouting Holiday Truths :lol:
Firebird - make sure that the HolidayTruths members meeting raise a glass to all of us who were cancelled, and are anxiously awaiting your reviews of Kos ABC so we can decide whether to go there next year. Mines a virtual vodka and coke (diet of course!)
OK No worries :D Would you like virtual ice?
Thanks guys, found this forum tonight and arrive (?) at kabc 2nd aug for 2 weeks from Bristol. Wifey is in f/c tomorrow to see how we stand regarding price difference from booking to current price... will let you know! We are (were) regular f/c customers and never been let down yet... ever hopeful... so let's hope this isn't a first bad choice...
Less than 3 weeks for us now. This weather has made me feel happier about things. If somebody would like to PM their mobile number to me before we leave I will text and update you immediately we get there and you can relay it on this forum, just in case there is a problem that I can't get on the internet.
sorry... just as well I checked... turns out we are flying from Gatwick 7am! anyway, currently advertised around £500 less than my price so we'll see what they say... if they refund it I'll gladly by other members a beer!
B.
Hi brisee, I wish you luck. I asked on Friday and was told that prices vary widely and frequently as much as every hour! I pushed my point and when they checked and worked it out I was actually paying £1000 LESS than the current price! She then jokingly ( I hope! ) asked if I was willing to pay them the difference. Anyway it will be interesting to see how the agent vary from area to area. Once again good luck x
Hi Brisee

You go for it.
Go to the home page of FC and splashed in the top right hand corner is their price guarantee, click on it and you will find:

Our price guarantee
"¢ The same holiday - The lowest priced holiday must match the following:
"¢ Offered by First Choice
"¢ Same destination, flights and duration
"¢ Identical accommodation, room type and board basis
"¢ Conditions - The holiday must be offered by an ABTA/ATOL member and be currently available to book
"¢ How to claim - Just provide us with your booking reference number and written documentation of the lower priced holiday
For all holidays we must receive your claim within 24 hours of booking online
"¢ Exclusions - This guarantee excludes group booking discounts, pre-bookable extras and travel insurance premiums .

Also first of all pop along to another Travel agent and see what price they come up with. Collect as much amunition as you can and I think you would be better off dealing direct with FC over the phone. Be very persistant and keep quoting their price guarantee - you have found it cheaper - on their web site. At the end of the day the money is still going to FC. It might take a few calls and letters, but keep at it - don't give up. I did it many years ago, (also, tell them that you are a regular customer) when I first found Eclipse. It took a while and lots of going back with counter arguments to their point of refusal, once I had had time to think about them and a few letters of complaint. Also, now, with the HHS on their case, if all else fails suggest more publicity. But above all don't give up, £'s is £'s after all, and they take 37hours a week to earn, so if they take 37 hours to get back then keep at it.
Keep in touch on this and we will all help you.

Good Luck :argue :gluck :ghug
Crumbs Brisee, how much did you pay? (just a figure of speech) don't really want to know, just checked FC - they have 10 room allocations from Gatwick on 2nd August and the cost is £2,066.44 - thats a lot of dosh!
Hello to all of you,

I just read the dutch forum. I'm not happy about what I read...
A woman who was supposed to go to KOS ABC in June was offered to go to Nordia which she accepted. She's back and she wrote a sort of review on ABC and Nordia.....
Her advice: cancel your holiday. No way ABC is finished on 1st July.
It will probably take a couple of months before it's finished.
When she visited KOS ABC there were managers from Kidsworld and Go Best..... They weren't positive either but no official/formal comments/advice from them yet..
And, by the way..... this woman wasn't too enthousiastic about Nordia either. When you're planning to go there with small children: too many staircases, too small swimmingpool for small children, not enough variety in food etc. etc.

She advised to prepare for the worst.... Find yourself an alternative. They won't be able to offer it to us. High season and everything, all their accommodations, even in other countries are fully booked.
In that case: they have to refund our money as soon as possible.

What's wisdom? Wait for formal reports (when when??) or cancel it out of "free will" and go to Gambia??? Cuba?? Curacao, something like that?
All more expensive than KOS ABC.
Besides: how about vaccinations?
Mymy. Something is wrong of course. I try to be optimistic but....
what a mess this is?

Irene(J)
I called FC this morning because for the second time they changed my flights to later times.

They agreed to change back, I ask if there were updates regarding the build.

He said 'it should be, I mean it will be ready by the end of June'????

SP55 I am not sure how far away from KABC you are, but would really appreciate an update in your opinion of it it will be ready or not.
It's amazing how people on forums are always willing to believe unconfirmed "bad" reports of the hotel and progress and dismiss and "good" reports.

There is not ONE SCRAP OF PROOF that the hotel is anything other than 90% complete. Just two people have managed to douse what once was an upbeat feeling of the hotel.

IreneJ - thanks for keeping us informed of the ducth forum but as you said, that forum has fallen into panic. Talking about the bad points of that forum has started to infect ours too. Just like this forum, no-one there will have any substantial proof of delays or unfinished work.

Come on people! Ignore the people trying to destroy the atmosphere and get back on those sun loungers and have another drink... I'm going up to the bar, who wants one?
F/C have told me that it's open 26th June, bookings for 1st July. There won't be people staying in the hotel until the 1st but they will have everything running for a week to work out bugs.

The girl on the end told me and I quote "F/C are so paranoid about more bad press they're going all out to make this a perfect opening"
Tricky Neath, well said. I am fed up with panic being caused by unconfirmed reports. If you choose to beleive them, thats fine, but dont whinge on about it. It only drags everyone else down.

And yes i'll have a beer :D
TrickNeath - I have been one of the most positive members on this site and still am.

Wasn't going to post what was said by FC, until I read Irenej's post.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.