Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Sukaay, can't believe you have got your tickets already, how exciting :pele
Just checked out FC KABC is now at an all time low of £249 for 1 week. It is actually cheaper to go there than self catering.
Hi all, my mum and dad have also got their tickets today :)

Lets hope that this is a good sign.

Staying positive... :sun :glynis :ghug :arrow: Kos
I can't believe the price has come down so much :?

There must have been a lot of cancellations.
HI all, new to this forum, i got cancelled from the kefalonia kabc, were going july, this must be a nightmare for you, i know i couldn't get in the holiday mood, for worrying about the building site we were going to!!
so i was very relieved when they pulled the plug, i got a holiday which cost fc £1000 more to send us, it isnt more superior its just we got agood price may 05, now in the holiday mood. so if god forbid yours does not open have alternatives ready, and stick to your guns, 20% above what you originally paid is what they tend to go up to, i am keeping an eye on this site for first reveiws to come back, but dont think they will worry about what you are going to, they have bad press every year and this still does not stop them sending people to half finished hotels, last year pp and coral sea egypt. i would try and get some photos, they must be able to supply some to put minds at rest!!! if not why? in the age of digital photos and they have got reps out there.... i hope you all have a great time look forward to hearing all about it.
hi does anyone know how much the prices have gone down by?
Prices depend on room allocation & supplements etc...

I have 2 Interconnecting Rooms. There are non left for when I go so cannot get like for like comparison.

But by selecting two standard rooms mine is about the same.
Hello Primrose

Ive just been on and looked and my price is alittle higher and i go 2nd August. So I think its just the first couple of weeks what are alot cheaper.
Has anyone noticed that the information regarding postponing opening of KABC is no longer on FC website, if so when was this removed?
I don't think I ever saw it.
janeandmick

I noticed it had gone yesterday but do not know when it actually was removed
Prices have gone down for next year aswell. We booked in April to go next May we got a free child place. The holiday is now £120 cheaper. My sister tried to book the day after us but there weren't any free places left so she didn't bother. As of yesterday there are free places and it is now over £500 cheaper than this time last month.
Hi the notice regarding delayed opening was there Sunday night then gone on Monday afternnon!!
ive just done a dummy booking from gatwick on 5th july for 4 people , 2 adults and 2 teanagers, in a kids den 2 weeks, and it cost £2014 thats so cheap a few months ago that was coming out at well over £4000, the following week it cost over £3850!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just done a dummy booking for next May and this is the latest information it shows

1 Mexican restaurant will now be chinese/asian themed
2 Bars in the complex will consist of a poolside bar a lobby bar restaurant bar and a rooftop bar
3 The advertised adults only pool will now be a leisure pool for the use of all guests
4 Mountain bikes are now payable locally
5 Please note the fully stocked fridge is only available on request and is payable locally
6 There is one rooftop restaurant whose theme rotates on a daily basis. This a la carte option limited to 1 visit per week.

So looks like the goal posts have moved yet again. Looking at the brochure there should have been 2 poolside bars and it doesn't say about limiting a la carte to 1 visit and now they want to charge for the mountain bikes as well. It will be interesting to see if they implement all this for this years bookings as this is not as it is described in the brochure.
hi Peeps,

Just copy and pasteing ctaylors list of jolly holiday makers from a few pages ago (hope you dont mind ctaylor :D )

1st July - JaneMick
5th July - Firebird Apache
5th July - Sukaay Manchester 7.15am
5th July - Buzz Lightyear Manchester 7.15am
5th July - Foxy0810
8th July - Wilki Gatwick
8th July - Sarah32g
15th July - She Moans
15th July - Primrose
16th July - IreneJ (Netherlands Forum)
19th July - Greeneyedgal12 Glasgow
19th July - Tadalaja (inc. ctaylor) Bristol 17.45
26th July - Trudie
2nd Aug - Karen Harris + one other family Bristol 17.45
2nd Aug - Allison33 Manchester
2nd Aug - Kazykaz
2nd Aug - StaceyB
2nd Aug - Brisee
9th Aug - Leannec Gatwick
16th Aug - Lorna Hiley Bristol 17.45
16th Aug - Mrsmel Manchester 07.30
30th Aug - Bailey
13th Sept - Ginam Glasgow 22.30pm
14th Sep - MamaIvanka (Netherlands Forum)
23rd sept - Kelly Marie
Janenmick

It won't make any difference. When we booked last year to go to the Pegasos Palace (just returned on Friday) it said in the brochure and online that it was unlimited visits to the themed restaurants. But it turned out to be only one visit per stay. This was very annoying especially as some nights they were nearly empty.

Sorry mods I know talking about the PP is :offtop but it looks as if the same thing will be happening here.
They wouldn't know if you booked more than once.

I went to PP last year and ate in two of there bookable restaurants twice.
Hi All,

Just thought I'd let you know after several emails to F/C they have finally replied.
HOWEVER, its just more of the same rubbish. Hope to open on 1st July and are legally bound to let us know as soon as possible if it falls through. So no news there then!!!!!!!!!!!!
I must say this really sucks, I know you are all feeling really positive, but my gut just feels really sick. The not knowing is driving me round the twist!!!!! I'm begginning to wish I'd never booked it and changed when i had the chance.
Just think if they cancel how many of us will be looking to squeeze into one of their other good hotels. I've been keeping my eye on availablility elsewhere and they are all dissapearing fast. Its gonna be no room at the good inns - you can go to one of the rubbish one's though!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the depressing thoughts
Paula
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.