Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Foxy0810, will meet all of you that are arriving on 5th for lunchtime drink at the pool bar :glynis
We will see you on the plane then Foxy!
you wont miss me in the airport i will be the one with bags under my eyes chasing a mental 3 year old around!!!
This is my first time on here although i have been following it all for months

I too have just had a reply email from first choice this morning assuring us as far as they know everything will be up & running on 1st July, still not a concrete guarantee but i think its the best we are going to get so fingers crossed.

We go on the 19th July from Manchester

There are 16 of us altogether, 4 families with children aged from 4-13.
Welcome Natalie, thanks for letting us know. It seems strange that people are all hearing from FC today. It seems they have been given the go ahead to let people know which to me only looks positive. Lets hope so.
Hello all of you!

I promised I'd inform you privately and/or here about the information we get in the Netherlands.
Nothing really official yet!!! Same with you..
However.......
This afternoon (Wednesday), Kidsworld would put update-pictures (!!!) from their visit last Monday/Tuesday on their website.
I just checked. Nothing so far.
Kidsworld and Gobest (same stories as you have) informed our forum (from e-mails people received): next week all personnel will arrive, also animation/personnel from kidsclub and the opening is definitely on 1st July. Swimmingpools are being filled, last furniture unpacked etc.

So far nobody has received tickets.
If I know more (official!) of course I'll inform you here!

Can hardly wait for official news!

IreneJ
Hi IreneJ, it all sounds promising! Thanks for letting us know.
ps Hows the weather today? :D
Hi Janenmick, i reckon you are right. It looks like FC have been given the go ahead to correspond with us. This hopefully is because everything is no on the go. I received today confirmation that they had recieved my letter which was sent recorded delivery on the 12th May. It was delivered on the 15th May! They just state that they want to take their time in replying with a fully detailed answer.
Hi Irene, could you post the website address of where this pictures are supposed to be. Thanks
Hi Firebird Apache, I can't believe you have waited so long for a reply. Customer Service are not the quickest, are they?
can everyone please sign the petition that is going to first choice about the kos and keffalonia aqua beach clubs

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Kefaloniaaquabeachclub/
Good to know pools are filled.

I would have thought that was one of the last jobs to be done. Tidying must be done, otherwise the water would be covered in dust and have to be filled again.

Very excited now!!

Weather here is very dull today.
On 9th Aug 06 2 adults 2 chilren, i am a bit concerned if the resort will be completed b4 we visit lol :oops: i wander if anyone has actually had their holiday here and can fill me in on weither it's a great place or knightmare...thanx all

Debz :D
First people to arrive in this resort are janenmick on the 1st July
Ahh fanx kelly Marie...i hope i havn't made a mistake aparently i got the last room in Aug this year lol :?
Hi Debz32

It will all be fine a great hotel (fingers crossed)
We go in September and I can't wait still got ages to wait for holiday!!
The reports will all come in soon
First people leaving the 1st and 5th of July so not long to wait now.

Kelly :wink:
Great Kelly Marie, we just got back (8th June) from a lovely holiday in portugal, stayed at the Alto Da Colina, in Balaia was great weather lovely Hotel opened last year (self-catering) not been to all inclusive b4 so new to us, got the holiday blues i think which is y we are going away again BUT 4 2 weeks :lol: cant wait either

Debz :)
Hello again,

Here's the (dutch....) website to which I referred:

http://www.kidsworld.to
right side screen:
3 red blocks on top of eachother
"click" the first above
search for "Kos" etc.
speaks for itself

but

update pictures are still missing.
Still only "the artist impression"

Hey, I almost feel more belonging with you than the other forum...!

Weather over here (near Utrecht) a bit grey/dark. Rain...
But: the weekend forecast is summerweather again!

If there are update pictures available, I'm positive there will be more websites? Anyone found one yet?

Irene
Well surprise, surprise, I also have just received a phone call from FC stating about the same as the post earlier today from Wilkie. I asked his about the changes for next year, i.e. restaurants, swimming pool and mountain bikes which he didn't seem to know anything about and said all that is in the brochure for this year should be up and running but if there was any problems to see the rep at resort and take it up with FC on return. (Nothing we don't already know). He said if there were any changes before departure he would contact me. Told him I wasn't holding my breath because it has happened before.Anyway will just have to keep everything crossed. How many more people have heard from them today?
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.