Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Thanks Firebird Apache got your PM. Perhaps they will have the red carpet out for us when we arrive on 1st July, with a champagne reception :wow
Hi Kazykaz, just looked in next years brochure and it says 300 rooms on 3 floors.
Leannec and all others of course,

I'm sorry to have caused some anxiety with my former message.
I just thought I'll "inform" you, realising that all this still isn't official.
Latest news now again is that WE (the dutch) will get the latest news on Wednesday 14th. Maybemaybe even a "yes" or "no": holiday on or off.

Do you want me to keep you informed??
:cry:
Kos
Hi

I would like to be kept informed !!
Thanks Irenej

If you do not want to post on forum you can Private message me go to my post and you should see pm icon click on that and type your message in.
Good luck to you and everyone on the Dutch forum xx

Kelly
Thanks IreneJ, I would also like to be kept informed.
Thanks Janenmick i were looking at the pictures in the gallerie and it only shows two floors.
Kazykaz, perhaps they haven't had time to finish it off and only built 2 floors!!!!! :lol:
Irenej - I would like to be kept informed also.

We can still remain positive, it is just nice to know what is being said.

Like I said last week, I would never worry until I have something to worry about - i.e. FC call me and say we have cancelled your holiday find something else :roll:
IreneJ I think the point being made is that people should not take unconfirmed reports as being the gospel truth. We appreciate your involvment with the forum and of course would like you to contribute any info you receive. We just dont want panic spreading like wildfire and people getting depressed becasue of it. I say take all information with a pinch of salt.
Hi Janenmick, If they have not got the red carpet out for you on arrival, you should have time to arrange this for our arrival a few days later. Someone to the carry the cases also would be good :lol:
Irenej

I think your post raises excellent points that people can either choose to ignore or take note of. It was very kind of you to pass on comments posted on the Dutch forum from somebody who has been there - everyone is so desparate for any updates from people who have actually seen the place rather than being given the standard lines from FC.

The advice to be prepared with an alternative and to consider immunisations is very sound advice, and something that many people who were cancelled in May did not do, causing additional distress to some people. Also, I would add, do your homework on alternative destinations for temperatures, mosquitos etc end read reviews on this website about them.

Immunisations normally have to be given a certain number of weeks before travelling, so if you don't have them already, get them or decide to block certain destinations from your alternatives.

Above all stay positive about KABC being open 1st July, but please guys, do be prepared. Everyone has spent a lot of money on these holidays and time off work with the family is valuable, so do whatever it takes to ensure you have a great holiday!

Debbie
Hi I have been reading messages for couple of weeks (not been brave enough to join in till now lol) We are due to fly out to KABC on 15th July there are 12 of us! 6 adults & 6 kids - i really dont know what to do/think its scary!! I have been on phone for 1 & half hours in total today to FC and did not get through once!! I really dont know what to think/do??

I have everything crossed that it opens on 1st July.
hi i'm off to kabc too on the 15th july and wondered if anyone has heard whats going on as keep getting told it is opening but just phoned fc and someone has just said that half the people going on the same date as me have changed to different locations. now paniking but will be great if it does open on time. please please can anyone let me know anything!
Primrose

As far as we are aware we are going to the KABC on 1st july so you will be going on the 15th too we have to stay positive or else we will spend whole holiday winding down when all we have done leading upto it is wind ourselves up as to whether it will be open or not.
Stay positive they could still pull it out of the bag.
:) :ghug
Hi Primrose and She Moans, you think you have problems, we go on 1st July! Just hold on in there. There is nothing you can do about it other than pay extra to change. Hopefully it will open on 1st July and we will update as soon as we get there so keep an eye on this site.
They will waiver the admin charges if you want to change.
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know if there is actually someone in customer services at F/C, because I have sent them several urgent emails asking them about KABC.

I also asked if they couldn't confirm it would be open, please confirm that they wouldn't leave it too late to let us know.

So far, they haven't even had the curtesy of replying. If this is their idea of customer service then it is not instilling me with any confidence.

Anyone out there had a reply when emailing them??????????????
Hi all, TrickyNeath I will have a large vodka and coke :)

Irenej I also would like you to keep me informed.

If it was'nt for this forum we would'nt have known anything last time fc started canceling the holidays. We only read it on here and then rang First Choice who confirmed it.

Lets all try to remain positive. :sun :ghug
SP55 can you give us anything positive this week please.
Hi Paula, I phoned them on 5th June and they were supposed to ring back, no reply so I emailed them 6th June got a confirmation that they had received email but still no phone call. Don't waste anymore money on trying to ring them you are only lining their pockets. Customer Service is c***. Just make sure you are keeping a diary of all transactions should you need to complain. Hi Sukaay, you like myself are now nearing your holiday. I've got a pile of ironing and don't know where to start. This weather certainly gets you in the holiday mood.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.