Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
hi all went into fc travel agents today and asked if any news on the kabc as we cant get through on the phone, the assistant in the travel agents told us that they had had pictures sent to them through there internal mail and all looked ok ready to open on the 1st july so hopefully all looks ok cant wait :pele
anyone who is going in a kids den I can offer one little bit of advice, if you are travelling with 2 kids and you have access to a playstation controller, take it with you as they only provide 1 and as you can imagine the arguments we had last year at the pegasos palace, and overall they`re not worth the price that you have to pay for a den, and yes ,you do only get 1 tv and yes the kids won`t let you have it, so you`ll have to make your own entertainment!!!!!
Even though we have booked for the 5th I am really concerned. I work as an estate agent (a good one!) and we sell properties abroad, we cut and paste photograghs all the time as we have to believe that the developer is telling the truth!!!
im still hoping that everything will go to plan and im sure we will enjoy our holidays
rachel :pele
Sure it is going well, and we will all have a great holiday! Fc need to impress us, and get rid of the bad press, the builders are apparantly there 24/7, so they have plenty of time! :lol:
Hi Leannec....what time do you fly out on the 9th from Gatwick and how many of you are going?

Debz x
Hi,
We were booked to travel to KABC on 5/7/06 from Manchester but having followed discussions on here and watched the BBC programme we were rather concerned.A work colleague's friend is from Kos so we asked him to find out what he could from home.The news wasn't great-apparently some of the resort will be finished but work will still be on going whilst the first guests arrive, he thinks it will be a significant number of weeks before it is anywhere near completed! We phoned FC who kept repeating it would be open but would not confirm it would be completed-worrying! They said that they were filling the rooms with late bookers- ie accomodation allocated on arrival which they are selling for 2 weeks AI for £499. We've checked the website and that's true. In view of all this we've changed our holiday. Hope this is of some help to others.
When arranging to meet someone you have chatted to on the forums, remember that you are dealing with a complete stranger. Don't exchange too many personal details online, such as home address or phone number. Use the site's private message system instead. It's never too late to cancel arrangements, if you have any last minute doubts. Just send a private message explaining that you have changed your mind.

Never go alone to the first few meetings and don't be tempted to divulge too much personal detail straight away. Wait until you get to know the person a little better, if indeed you do want to get to know them any better. If you feel in any way uncomfortable at any time and wish you hadn't made such plans, offer polite excuses and leave.

Hopefully any meeting will result in a long and happy friendship. But please try and remember during the relaxed holiday atmosphere, that you have just met a total stranger, who could be telling you absolutely anything which may or may not be entirely truthful.

Please remember too that Holiday-Truth.com accepts no responsibility whatsoever, and any arrangements are made entirely at your own risk

wizard
I am going to KABC on 5th july flying from bristol :wink: ,(so please put me on the list). which we booked for three adults and one infant on tuesday knowing the situation after reading the site, there is still another 2 weeks until anybody arrives yet I am not worried-if people take there paperwork with them we can make alot of noise if things arent right. i think some people are coming on to the website to wind people up, i looked at the phots of Kabc and theyre not in my opinion computer generated of the outside.i EMAILED FC wednesday and they have replied by email straight away (which i can forward a copy to people) saying that KABC is going as planned and will open on 1st July and that all works will be completed.
Look forward to seeing everybody out there!!!! 8)
hi zoeyrt25, could you please forward me a copy of that e-mail?
no problem will post it tommorow from work to home then forward to you tommorow evening as thats where they have sent it : :)
Thankyou, I'm flying on 8th at night, well if they are sending confirmation of all works finished, it must be looking good!
Zoeyrt25- if you are directing that comment re "people coming on this site to wind others up" at me, I can assure you, you are mistaken. I have better things to do with my time and I find your remark offensive. I was merely sharing information that I had, as seems to be the point of this thread.
HI LA its a shame you have changed your holiday :( Where are you going to now and how much extra did they chargeyou?
Hi All,

We are hopefully travelling out to KABC on 27th September, for two weeks, Are any other members on the forum going to be there then?? would love to find out. We have two boys (13 & 8 )

We have tried to access the galleries section of the forum to view photos, but each time we get a blue screen... nothing else. Is this right?? :roll:
look on page 78 and click on link, some fotos on dutch website, we r not 100% if real but think positive
tracy on the bottom of page 83 you will find the current running order feel free to add yourself

wizard
After reading the last few posts I would just like to say that this is a discussion forum and everyone is entitled to their opinion whether it be yours or not. Nobody should take offence of what others post because it is their opinion and it is up to each individual whether they agree or disagree. I think the majority of people on this forum are just looking for positive information but any information is useful. By the way Zoey I would also like a copy of that email if at all possible. Thanks.
Hello Peeps

Finally someone on this list going after me in Sept !

Welcome Tracey Crew we will be at Kos Aqua on the 23rd Sept we have 1 boy aged 10 and 1 girl aged 8

Feeling that positive paid some more of the balance yesterday just holding on to the last bit as we don't have to pay it yet.

Also did a little holiday shopping I know I have a while yet but you know us girls any excuse for shopping!!

:D :D :D :D :D
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.