Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
In theory the bag drop should work quicker than normal check in, all they have to do is weigh the bag, tag it and send it on it's way, no faffing around on the computer to find your booking then printing out boarding cards. In practice it often doesn't happen, people without boarding cards sometimes get in the queue, there aren't always enough bag drop off desks and if there are many more people who have done online check in than those who haven't then the queueing for normal check in may be quicker. Some of the major international airlines have had bag drops for a few years now and I have had very mixed experiences when using them. I'm flying with Easyjet in three weeks time, I'll be interested to see how efficient it is.
The bag drop has been in operation for at least a year at Geneva airport, and although I don't use it very often, when I have, it has been quite quick and easy to use.

HOWEVER there the trick is (or perhaps now 'was') that you couldn't check in without using a machine before the bag drop, and this would only show your flight exactly two hours before take off if you were bringing hold baggage.
Help, reference the East Midlands Airport situation, E J have just mailed me saying the decision has not been made but they will offer me a refund, but because my bookings for next year contain credit note elements the refund can only be offered as a credit !!! if they are not flying fron E M this does not help me. Also they have had my money for over a year as an overpayment, so how do I stand legally, I expect a full cash refund not a credit note.
How did the overpayment happen in the first place??

If it was a genuine overcharge in the past and you accepted a credit note then you've muddied the waters a bit. You probably should have taken the cash then and it will now get difficult. NEVER agree to a credit note when you are entitled to your real money back - whatever it is you're buying. If this is the case then you have two cash claims, one of which has been undermined. There is also the question of service charges - did you have to phone a premium rate number to use the credit note?

Or is this part of their "Price Promise" that if they offer your flight for less after you book it they will give you a credit note? Since they are under no legal obligation to do this (and are the only company I know of who do) then you probably have no right to the cash now. But you are entitled to the cash which you did pay (so you end up as you started with the original credit amount). If the original credit note had a time limit it will get messy as it's probably up now so you need to "stop the clock" when you made this booking and restart it now - if it was a goodwill gesture you'll be hard pushed.

Another thought has just occured to me that doesn't apply in your case but may affect others. If you use "Price Promise" goodwill credit to book a non-refundable flight and then have to cancel (say due to illness) I bet your insurance won't cover the loss in value, most policies have something buried away that usually hits AirMiles users.
thanks steve, yes this was via their price promise, I caught them out a few times, but they only offer you a credit file against future flights no cash back ,although they have had your cash originally. In my case the overpricing has amounted to over £500 so it is not small fry and they have had my cash for 18 months .they say they will offer me Luton or Stanstead but these are a long way from where I live, I am at present trying to get them to offer Manchester or Liverpool as they are nearer.
So it wasn't an overcharge or overpricing - it was what you thought was a fair price and agreed to and then found they had reduced it later. Most companies would have said tough at the time.

If they say you can't go from MAN or LIV is it because they don't fly the route or the flights are full? Or is it because some London biased call centre operator has suggested airports which are convenient to the southeast without thinking of those up north? Try booking the flight you want, if it has availablity they ought to let you on - after all if they don't spead the load around it will cause more problems down south.
Record Christmas for budget carrier

A record 900,000 British travellers are to fly with EasyJet over the Christmas period.

The airline expects a six per cent increase in carryings over last year.

The top ten destinations are Geneva, Belfast, Edinburgh, Malaga, Barcelona, Alicante, Paris, Glasgow, Amsterdam and Faro.

Also popular are winter sun destinations such as Egypt and the Canary Islands.

UK general manager Paul Simmons said: "The idea of a staycation is clearly passé.

"Getting away from the doom and gloom of the recession has proven to be a bigger incentive then ever before and it's clear that people want to spend quality time with their family and friends."

With permission from Travelmole
latest e mail from EJ 3rd option free transfer to a bmi baby flight from east midlands airport !!! yippeee.
Latest news; Easy Jet have moved from east midlands airport to Robin hood airport, Doncaster, this is even nearer for me, so in the end it has worked out pretty good !!!.
Easyjet announces new base at Robin Hood Airport, flying to destinations such as Amsterdam, Barcelona, Faro, Palma and Prague ... click here for full story.

Easyjet announces plans to stop flying from East Midlands Airport ... click here for further information from the airline.

David :wave
Easyjet have sent an email concerning the options of changing the airport or a refund, our friends wish to be transferred to BMIBaby from East Midlands as "David Mod's" link shows can be done, but the email they have sent does not say anything about this just two options a refund or a transfer to another airport.
Not sure how to proceed, advice please.
Does the email contain a survey ? Apparently the BMIBaby option is only available through the survey. :hmmm
There is some more info on THIS page which may help.

yes further e mails are to follow showing a link to BMI where you can then proceed with the transfer by entering your Easy Jet booking ref.
Thanks to both of you for a swift reply - I will click on the transfer option then.
Why they can't be more specific is beyond me.
just received several e mails from BMI confirming my transferred flights from EJ. This was slightly worrying as i hav'nt made any yet. Apparantly EJ have made them for me ??? albeit on different days, so i have had to ring BMI and change them, so please be aware if this happens to you.
Due to adverse weather conditions in the UK & Europe, Easyjet have had to cancel a number of flights.

The latest list of cancellations is published HERE. You can subscribe to that page if you wish to receive email updates of any further cancellations.

Hi David. That list was very informative. i'd like to subscribe to be informed by e-mail of any further cancellations but can only see the link for being informed on twitter. Any idea how I go about getting an e-mail update please?
Shirley

At the very bottom of the screen, after the list of cancelled flights, there is a link to be advised by email.

luci :wave
Thanks Luci,
Having subscribed to be kept informed of flight delays, I've received long lists of flights that have been cancelled. I would just like to inform Easyjet customers that a lot of todays flights have already been cancelled. Way over a hundred flights have been cancelled since this spell of bad weather started. Anybody looking to travel with Easyjet over the next few days would be well advised to check on the link that David has so kindly provided above.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.