Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
sooooooo excited
1176 Posts
6 weeks on monday

suze its been really good hearing your comments!!!

Has anyone done the diving courses??? were going with another couple who are interested in doing their padi....any comments/advise would be greatfully recieved.

Also what money would you suggest taking to grand azure

Is it best to take the 5000 egyptian pounds and the rest in travellers chqs or is it advised to take sterling????

Im getting more and more excited...anyone elso going end of june begginning of july?? were flying out of gatwick on 27th june

:lol: :hyper
Hey everyone, i got back from the Grand Azure on Thursday night.
Had a fantastic time and would definatley go again.
We traveled with Thomas Cook on First Choice Airways and never had our hand luggage weighed.
The airport was a bit of a nightmare landing, not knowing what belt our luggage would come through on, lots of people etc... The other thing was that they have never heard of ramps for the trolleys had they had to be lifted off the pavement onto the road to get to the coach, not that great when its just two women travelling but we managed.
The hotel was fantastic, the staff were very friendly, never anything they would not do. We were put into cluster 5 but hated it and they instantly moved us to cluster 9 which was lovely, we had a view of the whole complex.
As for all the advice about tipping waiters etc dont! we tipped them on the last night aswell as the pool boy and our cleaner and a bell boy who helped us a few times. The service was the best and no tip was expected so do not feel like you have to unless they have given you great service, which they will with a smile on their faces.
The main annoyance was sunbeds, people seemed to get up earlier and earlier for a bed so i ended up gettin up about 7 45 to get one, my advice is do not hand the towels back in, keep them for the following morning to reserve a bed.
The food was ok, the best was the pasta from the health corner where a girl makes up what ever pasta sauce you want. The Italain restaurant was the best, with the freshest pizza i have ever had.

If anyone has any questoins i will be happy to answer them :P
wor lass loves to get her paps oot on holiday , can women go topless around the pools or do they have to keep covered up ?
Skully" Ipresume you are a northener"
jo90" I see you are going the same time as me and my family"have you any children?
Cherry-wine-nine"what was wrong with cluster five? did you try the chinese restaurant?

Sponge Bob
Im sure i have read a previous post with regard to under water cameras...cant seem to find it now.

Has anyone used them there...and if so which ones did you use...and were they any good????

Everytime i get on here i just seem to ask loads of questions!!!!!

Ive read that there are loads of fishes in quite shallow water so would be good to get some shots to make people jelous back at work!!! :fish
hiya sponge bob..we will be going with our 2 1/2 year old, but there are a few of us so we are hoping she will be occupied, otherwise i may have to launch her down the big curly slide!!!! as shes a bit of a bloke.

do you have any kids going with you??
Hi jo90

yes we have three boys 16,11,9 and they all will be going down the curly slide I will make sure of that :omg :omg
sponge bob hows it going then ?
i see that you have made a few mates on this website , i cannot wait to meet you and your wife ! where are you from ? cannot wait to meet marg too ! are you a yam yam marg ? if you look at my profile you can see where i am from , i will be wearing white speedo trunks (thong type)
i have a bald head and i am a big bloke you cannot miss me ! and my wifes krackers .
there are some good reviews on the site , hope it will be as good as people say it is !
i look forward to meeting a few people off this website , we could all meet up and have a good laugh , hope to meet some of you soon , it will be nice to put a face to some of these names , take care now !
till next time skully xxxxxxxx
Hi Skully I'm a big bloke aswell 22 st with a small tattoo on one arm and a larger one on the other, you should spot me in the pool or one of the bars. I wear swimming shorts i'll give the speedo thong a miss as I'm a bit to large for them. :oops: :oops: :oops:
see you there.

Sponge Bob
OOPS! sorry just replying to previous post. still new to site, hope to get the hang of it soon. :whoops
Sponge Bob
Cluster 5 may of been very nice, however for two women on their own we felt very far away from the main reception and the coridoor to the room was pitch black, none of the lights worked. The view was also not very good, the waterfall pool is definatley the most beautiful place to look over, which is what we had in cluster 9.
The Chinese restauarnt was nice, although two of the four main meal options was veal, which i personally do not like.
Oh and to whoever is asking can women sunbath topless, yes, i did many times and so did lots of over women.
hi anyone going to azure on 29 may
The 5kg limit for hand luggage has always existed - I remember having mine weighed 10 years ago at Heathrow!

Considering the size of some of the so called 'hand' luggage I have seen people take on planes, and then take 5 minutes wrestling into the overhead lockers, I don't think it is a bad thing!

Nowadays all ll I take is a handbag...and I remember that just after 9/11 at some airports you weren't allowed anything!
Hi
If anyone is travelling in the near future and staying in a family room( 60sqm with an additional small room according to the web site ) - please could you post some photos of what the room looks like.
So many different operators/brochures/web booking agencys describe things differently I have been getting quite confused(not difficult :!:) and would like to see that what I have booked looks like.
can anyone tell me more about the chinese and italian restaurants.
are you only allowed one visit a week or is it unlimited?
do you have to book in advance?
are they very buisy?
cheers
john 8)
The chinese and Italian restaurants are usually full, but it never feels busy. Every room has an allowance of 5 visits per week which can be used at any themed restuarant. We went to the Italian twice and the Chinese once. Italian better of the two. Never tried the Arabian as we did not fancy the food there and we heard some bad reviews but everyones taste buds are different!!
Hi

Skully I'm sure we will be able to find you quite easily with your white speedo thong!!! :oops:
Won,t be long now !!
The first choice flight that cheey spoke of was that from birmingham if so was the in flight food and movie good and how was the legroom??
Thanks Marg
Thanks CherryWine for the latest info.

Do the themed restuarants have kid options?

Nicky
Got back on Friday morning.

I have got to say this was the best hotel and holiday we have ever been on. First instinct on the way to the hotel is what the hell have we done but when you actually arrive you are gob smacked by the place.

The hotel grounds are very well looked after with staff working all hours to keep the place clean and tidy. The food is very good and you will find something to eat even if you are the fussiest eater ever known to man. The Speciality restaurants are amazing so do give them a try. You are allowed 5 visits per week to any restaurant so if you wanted to eat in the Chinese 5 times then there is no problem. I would deffinatley suggest trying the Bedouin Tents (Arabic) what an experience and one not to be missed.

The staff are the friendlist people you will ever meet and can not do enough for you. The only thing I would say is that be good humoured with them if you are a bloke on holiday with your girlfriend you cant afford to be jealous and just enjoy the experience I certainly did and could have come back with a couple of million camels.

Make sure that you spend some time at the Terrace Bar the staff are the friendliest of the lot and if you are going soon say Hi to Hani (aka Danny DeVito) Mohammed, Mohammed the Boss and Adel from Dan and Hayley.
Trust me these guys will have you in stitches.

Talking about stitches dont go down the slides head first - the people that were there the same time as us will no why I am saying this. Bless him.

The beach bar is the place to be for lunch fresh Sheikh Kebabs and Wraps. Burgers, Hotdogs chips HOT sauce and Salads come first to mind.

If you are keen to do some snorkelling then make sure you are willing to walk into the sea for a good 15 minute stroll cos the jetty seems to go on for miles and then you still have a fair walk until the sea eventually goes beneath knee height.

The entertainment team are brilliant especially Dave (The Turkish guy) and Syla (Looks like Cisse from liverpool).

Im going to stop going on and on now about the place because words can not describe just how brilliant this place is!!! If this is to make your mind up just get on the phone and book it. Just make sure theres room for us next year. You can ask me any questions Nooo Problem!!! :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.