Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
LTI Grand Azure *
1176 Posts
Hi Nicky
Thanks! I've been reading posts for the last week - finally got the courage to log one!

We're going with Thomsons - a fairly last minute thing. Not looking forward to Sharm Airport!

There's just me and my boyf. How many in your party?

Daisy
Hi again. Glad you decided to log on, this is a brill site and everyone is so friendly and helpful. I already want to book again for next year and I haen't even been this year yet!

Going with Hubby, five year old daughter and 11 month old son for 2 weeks.
I know! There's so much info on here. I'm sure that everything I need to know has been asked already - somewhere!!!

We're going for 2 weeks too, might see you there... Crikey - if you're anything like me, I bet you can't wait. My boyf is almost sick of hearing about it!! :lol:

Wish I was going on monday
My husbands the same, every night I am telling him what other stuff I have learnt from this sight bet he is dreading this holiday now just incase it doesn't live up to expectations.
from what i remember and what other people we have spoke to have told us, monday is the quiet day to arrive!! although by no means perfect it has the least amount of flights arriving (well in november anyway!) and we arrived and were in room less than hour an half later!!!
i suppose its a bit of a lottery at the end of the day (it's certainly a drag on the way home!) but we heard some right horror stories from people who arrived after us ( thurs and sunday if i remember right?)
it was a bit of a building site too but so was everywhere else but they have also had two state visits since then and i would of thought they would of had to be on the ball then!!!
its only a bit of hassle which when you see what the hotel is like will vanish into obscurity within a day....
the golden rule don't expect miracles at the airport!!!
regards
stevie
i posted some comments a couple of days ago and they seem to have dissapeared!!! so am going to ask again.....sorry!!!

If anyone has been to lti recently, could you advise what the best money to take is??? ive read a few different things ie us dollars/sterling . I realise its best to take some egyptian pounds...but what did everyone else find best????

Also anyone who has taken young kids, can you get nappies out there, or do you have to fill your suitcase full???
we used egyptian pounds (when needed!) used pound coins to tip at airport but as a general rule egy pounds more than ok
regards
stevie
thanks for that stevie :D
Hi Jo90,

We are taking nappies with us as I don't want to haveto go searching for them when we arrive. When are you going? Will let you know when we come back where you can get them from.

Great that its quieter at the airport on a Monday.
Just afew days left now yippee!
Can't wait to arrive in the airport on a Thursday then!!! (2 weeks to go!)
Maybe the whole experience will just be an extension of what I'm expecting with Monarch!!
Hi all,

Did you know that if you ring the airline in advance you can get a free luggage allowance for nappies!! so you can take as many as you want. This also goes for diving equipment and medical supplies if you have anyone who has to take lots of equipment with them.
I have a daughter who we have to take lots of medical supplies for and this has worked with several airlines over the past 13 years.
Give it a try.
Not long now 29 days for me.
See you at the beach bar skully and spongebob!!

Marg
Hi Marg,

I have just emailed Thomson to find out if we can get the free luggage allowance. Who have you travelled with that has done this for you?

Everyone else who has been, does the hotel provide snorkelling gear as part of the all inclusive package or do you have to buy it out there?

Cheers Nicky
you need your own gear!! there is shops in both sharm and in the hotel itself that sell it.. i have my own but from what i remember it was cheap enough to buy and if you think of the weight of it ( x4 maybe!!) and the room it will take up, you may be as well to get it over there and if its not really top range stuff leave it there and save room for the souvenirs!!
regards
stevie
Hi" again marg NOT long now, Trying to find beach shoes as they say you need them and just bought two disposable underwater cameras, BOOTS have them at the minute buy one get one free. just want to ask are there fridges in all rooms and are they stocked or do you have to upgrade. if not are these free aswell.

Sponge Bob see you in the Bar.
Thanks for that Nicolaw, were going on 27th june ...and at present im stock piling nappies...at least ill have loads of extra rom on the way home for my bargain buys!!!
Hi" jo90 see you there were going on the 30th June.

Sponge Bob
there are fridges in the room but they are only stocked (daily and ours had two water two beer two juice basically nothing spectacular) if you are a green wristband only small fridges either way typical hotel mini bar sort but even if not green wristband they are ok to put your water in each time you go to restaraunt ask for two or three bottles then you soon have a stock always cold inthe fridge
regards
stevie
hi everyone
when we go we're staying in what first choice sell as a 'superior room'. on looking in to this further it seems that this is a standard room. does anyone think its worth trying to upgrade? what are the extras that would be included and do you think they're worth the extra cost??
Nic,
I don't know when your going but we travel on Sunday 29th May. My wife's read all the reviews and I've got the same reservations as you about upgrading, rooms etc.
I'll certainley let you know when we get back what the score is.
Cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.