Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
LTI Grand Azure *
1176 Posts
hi again ,
were there many germans there and are they nice people !
good question about hair products skully !
can you buy hairspray in egypt ?
were there any geordies there ?
sponge bob you sound like a crazy sort of guy who likes to have fun is this true ?
Sorry we didn't try the Bedouin Tent as we didn't fancy the trek to the beach with the pram and that. I did hear from one couple that it was spicy food there which we love.

We did the Italian, Arabic and Chinese and liked them all, although I didn't like the Lemon Chicken in the Italian as way too much lemon on it. They would even get plain rice and spagetti for our daughter which was good as she won't eat anything with sauce on.
hi Lizzscafe,

no idea about hairspray I didn't take any. The hairdryer in the bathroom was a bit rubbish so you may wantto take your own, however, hair soon dried outside so I never bothered with it.
lizzscafe!!!
trust me the germans are the nicest people you could ever meet !
i work all over the world and have found the germans to be very accomodating people , no worries there trust me !
have a nice holiday !
Hi Nicolaw

Thanks for Pics and your posts, feels like I,ve been already, your room was a junior suite? had you also upgraded to a green wristband as I think this is a bit expensive on top of the holiday as they want an extra $20 pp p night, just going to upgrade to the suite I think.

Nigel
Wow - alot to get through in the last few hours!!

The beer - Stella - but not as we know it! - nice at first, but gets flat quickly - not too much of a problem given how small a glass you get at a time!

Getting drunk - nope! Tonight, back in the UK - yes!

It's true about the bottled water - they must get through thousands of bottles a day - everyone has one constantly!

Dodgy tum - oh yes! - but not as bad as I've had in Dom Rep, lost appetite for 24h+ and left one of nicest beek stakes I have ever tasted (Italian Restaurant).

Bedium Tent - very nice! An atmosphere you'll never get anywhere else. Loads of people blame it for their tummy upets - well I had mine before going to it and then got better!! The food is weird! Like a greek Mezze starters, indian curry house side orders with mains and loads of cooked meats/kebabs.

We ate in all the speciality restaurants - they were all good (beware of big starters that fill you up pre main course!).

As for the Germans - they can't stop tacking the mickey out of themselves!! - was constantly amused to be overhearing/meeting funny Germans!!!!

Going to get some photos uploaded now - will post an address soon.
hi rhodgreen,
when you say tummy upsets was it a fart and follow through job ?
or was it not that bad , only asking because my kids are terrible on holiday , don't want them to get caught short in the pools if you know what i mean !
Hi rhodgreen

Am pleased to hear you had what sounds like a good time. Am looking forward to seeing the pics :D
post removed by Biff HTmoderator
Hi All

Gosh so much to get through since last on!!
Glad to see some more happy holiday mkers returning with good reports. Less than aweek to go, so exsited now!!
Ellie, spongebob,Skully and so many others we'll all be there soon!! 8) 8)
Can I take that my chances of getting a brolly round the pool are nil or is there any way round it eg tip pool boy.

Thanks Marg
We only had a problem one day with getting a spot around the pool with shade. The beach assistant will take you to a spot, make sure the sun loungers are not broken and lay your towles for you - no such service around the pool (unless blonde, female and topless which I think the Egypt men would do anything for!!).
The peak time around the pool seemed to be 10-12am. We were quite fussy in wanting a space around the main pool (next to the suite rooms where we were), never sunbathed around either of the other 2 pools. At times it did take us about 10min+ to find a spot, but we always did eventually.
One or two pictures now uploaded and available for all to see!! (few hundred actually!!)

grandazure.fotopic.net

Hope they help.
Rhodgreen

thanks some good pics, was your room a junior suite? do they stock the fridge or did you do it yourself, we are going to upgrade when there from a standard room.
Hi rhodgreen

Thanks for posting the pics for everyone :bow They have really helped me to get a better feel for the place.

Thanks again
Ellie
Rhodgreen
Thanks for the photos they were great :D

Just one problem :!:

Ive got four weeks before i go and after looking at your pics i dont think i can wait :cry:
Yes - the room was junior suite. As we booked the hotel on-line is was not that much extra for the week. Have no idea about upgrading when out there or costs etc.
As for the minibar - it was meant to re-stocked daily, although this was usually done around 7pm when we were showering, missed a few days and were quite strict in only giving you one pop, 2 juice, 2 water and 2 beer.
Although, room service will deliver anything for free from 1200-0000 (but - the 7Up was warmer than the hot water tap water!!!!).
hi, im due to go to grand azure in 2 weeks and im staying in a junior suite, im just wondering if any knows whether there are CD Players in the rooms? bcos if not i am going to bring a hi-fi. Also does any one have a rough idea how hot it will be in july?i 've heard 55 degrees!!! but also 35 i dont know how i'll cope lol!
many thankx, bex
Hi Nicolaw and Rhodgreen, glad you both enjoyed your holidays. Thanks for all the feedback and photos. We will also be staying in a Junior Suite and I wondered if you could both recommend which cluster or building would be your choice or preference if you return again! I am thinking of requesting a top floor suite because I thought it might be quieter with no one above - any thoughts? Location wise I guess we would just like to be fairly near to a good sunbathing spot near the slides so we do not have to venture too far in the early morning when reserving sunbeds :wink: and where we can keep half an eye on our 'sliding' children. On the other hand we don't want to be too near any late night noise (bars/entertainment etc). Any recommendations appreciated.
One other quick question; can you tell me which (if any) restaurants are air-conditioned. I figure it will be nice to cool down whilst we are eating, especially at lunch time.
Thanks for your insight.
Any of the suite clusters are quite identical as far as location is concerned, they are all in a semi circle around the main pool. We were in Block 13 - no problems at all.
We also requested a high floor, but ended up on the first floor - not a problem.
Late night noise was not really a problem - except for the complex wide speaker system that played quiet music all day and all night!!! - hope you all like Elton John and Shania Twain!!
As for air-con restaurants - except for the Fish Restaurant and Bediun Tent, I think they all were.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.