Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Hi All. We've rebooked too. Spoke to a mint guy called ***who was very very helpful. We're going to the Club Maramis Palace in Turkey. There are 12 of us and this holiday came out at 1200 more, which we dont have to pay and we got 238 compo between us. Not bad and we're all happy. Only snag is we now have to go from Birmingham not Bristol but with the compo we are gettin a minibus to take us and pick us up. Got to now find out if there is a forum going on for it !

I'm glad to hear everyone is getting their destinations sorted. First Choice are being very generous so don't worry about asking for what you want!!

Sam

*Staff members name removed*
Those of us going later will have to wait for the call I suppose.

They will never change and pay for difference until they cancel.

I am going smack bang in the middle of summer holidays.
My balance is due on Monday, can anyone please give me any helpful tips of what I should say/ do? I presume that if I cancel now that I will lose my £500 deposit or can I transfer this to another holiday? Can I just say that all the positive comments given the whole way through this forum have kept me hanging in there!

You should be able to transfer the deposit over to another holiday. You may have to pay an amendment fee as you are not due to travel until August.
Ros Fernihough the Travel Law lawyer who assists our members has an important message for anyone who is travelling shortly and who are being offered compensation from First Choice.

Now posted below.
I am now sitting here thinking,,,,maybe i should have taken more time at looking at hotels and getting a better holiday???? Wondering if the Hotel is ok etc etc....Oh well done now...there was also a flight from Stanstead which I have now noticed.....its only just down the road....I should have taken that...
I just think we are all lucky to have got changed to somewhere ok, none of us have received phone calls today from fc telling us we have been cancelled, fc dont know who is reading this forum and who isnt, so there are tons of people still to find out there holiday is no more, until tonight that is, that flight from stanstead will be gone tomorrow lisa I bet. xx
hi all im still going to kos same flight time different hotel we have a hire car so will have to go for a ride up to tingaki for a detour to see whats happening, hope you all have a great holiday we couldnt be bothered to change all the parking, car hire and stuff so just changed hotels we got some money off and 190pounds compensation not bad i thought.....
Hi, this is my 1st post but have been watching this site for sometime now due to go in august.. I am really shocked about was has been happening the last couple of days.. I went into FC shop today to find out for myself, the girl in the shop read a letter to me which had been sent by email this morning..Senior management went over there on monday, she went onto say ALL the building work had been completed, the swimming pools have been built which included the wave pool and all the slides in place, all that was left was some internal work and the areas around the hotel landscaping ect.....We shall see tonite just how much of that is true.
When did BBC actually go out there?
hi,
i phoned my travel agent today and they had heard nothing from FC about a delayed opening!

they did say however that in some sort of travel guide they receive, people had been doing a petition about FC and there was over 100 names...........

where do we find this petition?????????
BBC were there last Thursday/Friday. Think they flew on Thursday and filmed on Friday. Some of us spoke to the BBC man when he came back but he could not say anything about it. The fact that they've now delayed the opening now seems to be why - he probably did not want to create panic!
God i am so glad i cancelled my holiday to KABC back in April, i wasn't due to go there until the 17th July for a fortnight, but after seeing the pictures and spending half my life working on building sites i was pretty sure that they had no chance of completion for the 24th May if at all this season.
I cancelled KABC and booked Egypt AI (unfortunately on the day of the bombings- probably would of got it cheaper the day after) i refused to pay any admin fees as they would not put it in writing to me that the hotel and everthing advertised in the brochure would be up and running for when i was to visit. They wavered the admin fees but i still had to pay the extra towards the cost of going to Egypt.

One thing is for certain, this is my first ever holiday with first choice, and even if the holiday is absolutely fantastic, i will not ever book with them again.
just back from the doctors, info for those going to turkey;

We have to have hep A and typhoid injections, plus because my tetnus and polo are out of date I will need boosters for those too, so its 2 jabs for me, 1 each for the kids except baby as they dont vaccinate under 2's, we can have them as late as 2 weeks before, so the kids have 3 weeks today to get themselves phyice up for them lol
IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR ALL KOS AQUA BEACH CLUB MEMBERS FROM ROS FERNIHOUGH TRAVEL LAW LAWYER.

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=73371

Please copy this post across to the next pages so that all members can read the link.

Thanks.
So who's up for booking KABC next year? Michelle, you can be head organiser!!! :ghug
lets wait and see tonight, I might look and think thank god they cancelled me lol, two hours till HHS, time to get dinner made and out of the way speak with you all later x,
Hi all, glad to see you are all getting sorted with decent holidays.
I spoke to a very helpful lady at fc this morning and we are off to a 4* AI in Mexico which fc have paid the difference for and giving me £60.

Not the holiday we originally chose though - kabc looked fab for the kids, but I'm sure we will have a great time where we are going and I'm sure everyone else will also :D

Big lesson learnt though - no matter how great the artists impression looks, I will only book hotels that are built in future!!
mechelle from essex
whare abouts are you going and which hotel
and do you reackon we should hang on and hope for the best as were goin on 12 of july
xx :?: :?: :?:
Michelle, Andy's still miffed though at not being able to meet your daughter!!!
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.